Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

ANNOUNCE: PVP script pack released

V1.12 now released - see first post in thread. Lots of changes so quite possible I have introduced some bugs.

one request. could you add AAS where it's taking a building, holding a piece of ground or destroying an objective that replaces taking a flag?

Twisted, I stil haven't forgotten your request :-) Taking a building/ground can now be achieved with the area objectives - just place the objective marker so it covers the building you want.

Destroying an objective is something I still need to work on. Mostly because I'm trying to figure out how to expose this to the mission maker in an easy to use way. I'm currently toying around with the idea that a marker called west_protect will require west to stop east destroying any buildings/vehicles within the area of the marker. Suggestions welcome though...

Edited by sbsmac

I just downloaded 1.12. can't wait to play with it!

But before I do i have a few questions. :)

-Is the camera flyover designed for the small island? It doesn't do very well for Chernarus. I am trying to figure that out on my own, but...

-Since I use Chernarus (the whole map) I would like to add flag markers to show where the flag carrier is (preferrably 5 minutes after they pick it up, so that way they have 5 minutes to hurry to their own flag, otherwise they get tracked down if they piddle around with flag too long).

I tested my map with other people for the first time last night on my server (Moshland PvP) and while a few said it was too big of a map (it is, and I like it) they seemed to have fun. The only thing that didn't seem to work is the sounds for capturing and taking the flag (I did read somewhere those were disabled by you I think). I added a trigger to show if a player came within 50 meters or so of enemy flag. That helps, but aircraft trigger it too (no biggy).

Thanks again! :yay:

---EDIT---

I just read the patch notes for 1.12, wow lots of new stuff. That answers my question about the sounds, thanks! I should read stuff sometimes before I get too excited and post...

Edited by Mosh
just read the 1.12 notes

Mosh, feel free to add a link to your map in the page in my sig :-)

Yes, the FlyRound intro isn't great for larger maps. You can try CTF_introType="TextAndMusic" instead. More intro types will probably be added - ideas welcome as always.

>I would like to add flag markers to show where the flag carrier is

Yes, I have a number of features in mind to aid in tracking down flag-carriers, returning 'lost' flags etc.

Mosh, feel free to add a link to your map in the page in my sig :-)

Will do as soon as I test it a little more. I still should incorporate your ammo crates and vehicle respawn first, as I use my own at the moment. I started this the day I got my game, so a few things were already in place before I started using your script (vehicles and crates, all I knew how to do, heh).

I use TextandMusic (had my favorite Flashpoint tunes as intro and outro but took them out to keep download size down) but the end is a little crazy with the camera, nothing to worry about though.

Amazing work, really... to do as much as you do and explain it in a way someone like me can understand and work with it.

I really should stop bothering you for awhile, and let you heal up!

@mosh

Tobias, in a flagfight, it is all against all, just like in a DM. You should be getting points for killing other players. You are definitely doing the right thing in adding playable units rather than just having a single player unit. Are you suggesting that you are getting negative points for killing other players ?

Yes the scores show negative points. All the playable men were blufor units, and each time we killed each other is showed as friendly fire kills. I will redo the map with the latest script pack version to see if it still does this.

Has anyone else tried to do a FF map?

I

Hmm - I will have a look at this - could well be a bug

*Edit* - yes, it's a bug - thanks for the report! Working on it now....

*edit* ok, fixed it now - will be available in the next release

Edited by sbsmac

V1.12 now released - see first post in thread. Lots of changes so quite possible I have introduced some bugs.

Twisted, I stil haven't forgotten your request :-) Taking a building/ground can now be achieved with the area objectives - just place the objective marker so it covers the building you want.

you're a machine, even with a busted collarbone! sounds great. :yay:

V1.13 now released - see first post for details as usual

*EDIT* how embarrassing - 1.13 had a fatal bug in that games wouldn't end. Use 1.14 instead

Just a couple of 'big' features to go now...

* Lobby dialogs

* 'destroy' objectives. Basically I have these working but need to plumb them into the framework. The idea is that you have to destroy all buildings/vehicles within the area to take possession.

Edited by sbsmac

*EDIT* how embarrassing - 1.13 had a fatal bug in that games wouldn't end.QUOTE]

Thats no bug :) never ending games are great :bounce3:. Good work again hope peope are building quaility maps with this pack.

The flag tracker is great, shows up as <null> flag though, but it is just what I wanted!

I really want to add the paradrop, but I need to be able to exclude areas (750 meter circle around flag - keep east from landing near west flag, and keep west from landing near east flag - but they should be able to land at their own flags).

The remember loadout remembers everything but pistols (it does remember pistol ammo though). I tried it with normal and silenced.

:)

lol anth - yes, I remember logging on to games of tequila that had been going for 4 hours, with people having scored thousands of kills....Don't worry, I'll add an 'unlimited' game-length when I implement the lobby dialogs ;-)

Mosh - could you send me a link to your mission ? (I just need mission.sqm and ctfconfig.sqf). I haven't seen the flag behaviour you describe so curious how you are getting it.

Excellent idea about the paradrop exclusion zones. Paradop already excludes borders, minefields and spawn zones so it's trivial to add extra exclusion. I'm also thinking about this as an extension to the AAS/C&H game-mode - maybe you should be prevented from dropping into zones that are held by the enemy ?

Thanks for the info about the preserve loadout - will take a look at this.

Edited by sbsmac

On my C&H maps ive overwriten old script pack map with new but am having problems placing ammo boxes in the mission ctfconfig.sqs

CTF_gameLength = 30*60 ;

CTF_weaponChoices = [CTF_WEAPONCHOICE] ;

/*
 Set preserveLoadout to false to stop players respawning with their last loadout
*/

CTF_preserveLoadout= true;

CTF_allowSilencedWeapons= true;
CTF_allowGrenadeLaunchers= true;
CTF_allowSniperRifles= true;
CTF_allowMachineGuns= true;
CTF_allowRockets= true;

#endif

Then placed

guns

marker on map but the ammo crate is not showing btw couldenet find how to do it in the pdf but used to show you in the older one im sure.

Also changing the name of the flags im having trouble doing this I have 3 flags changed the names but they just dissappear.

Edited by [-DST-] Anth

Do you want to PM me a link to the mission.sqf and ctfConfig (or the pbo if you prefer) and I will take a quick look ?

I noticed that in C&H the points go up I was thinking maybe it would be better if they went down like a ticker depending on how many flags you have. Im not to sure how you would work out the length of the game with that though. Say start with:-

1 flag 50 ticker

2 flags 100 ticker

3 flags 150 ticker

4 flags 200 ticker

But controling the time of the game depending on how many flags you hold confuses me or even set the ticker in the lobby.

Hmm - can you explain that a bit more ? Wouldn't both sides then be shortening the game when they held flags ? Sounds like an interesting idea but I'm confused about how you think it should work :-)

Hmm - can you explain that a bit more ? Wouldn't both sides then be shortening the game when they held flags ? Sounds like an interesting idea but I'm confused about how you think it should work :-)

I assume he means both teams starts with a fixed amount of points. By holding flags you make your opponent's points decrease. First team to 0 points loses.

By holding more flags you make the opponent's points decrease faster, and thus the more flags one holds, and prevent the enemy from holding, the faster you win.

Ah - I understand now - thanks. Goes off to ponder...

Also, I suppose that for such a game mode starting parameters (param1 and param2 stuff) could have a selectable amount of starting points, to vary game length.

I assume he means both teams starts with a fixed amount of points. By holding flags you make your opponent's points decrease. First team to 0 points loses.

By holding more flags you make the opponent's points decrease faster, and thus the more flags one holds, and prevent the enemy from holding, the faster you win.

Exactly :)

thanks mac btw

Any idea what you would call this gamemode ? I just looked at my C&H scoring and this would be very simple to add so you can assume it will be in the next release if you can come up with a name for it ;-)

Well the game mode is C&H can it not replace the current? Or just two types to select current that goes up or either ticker. But they both really are C&H just score going up and score going down.

Edited by [-DST-] Anth

Yes, you're right - I've just introduced a config variable called CTF_reverseScore for this - testing it now.

V1.15 now released - see first post for details.

This is probably the last major release for some time - it's hard to see where to go next without some real feedback from people using this for games. I do have a couple more things to add (destroy and true hold objectives for example) but it's more a case of tinkering and bug-fixing for a while. Have fun with it :)

Im def. gonna put some time aside to make a few Uncle Mac :) Congrats on a superb job matey and thanks for putting the time and effort into this, with any luck it will go a long way to keeping the Mp side of arma 2 going longer than it did in ArMa.