Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Which gun for next ultimate upgrade

OK, just a lil old poll. (You dont see many in general these days, so i tried to make it a relevant one).

If you could only pick one new gun to be included in the next major upgrade, which would it be?

(I've tried to give a selection of the most commonly requested guns in previous threads. I also neglected pistols, because there is currently no suitable firing stance. In short, I've only tried to include weapons which would be possible to include in an upgrade with minimum fuss).

Note: If you select other, please specify below...

I would have voted for Addons forum, but so I choosed MG3, but in fact I would prefer a MG42 for resistance.

I chose the G3 because it`s a rather old assault rifle and would fit to the Operation Flashpoint timeframe. And in my Bundeswehr-time my G3 was closer to me than any girlfriend could get tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Mar. 14 2002,15:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK, just a lil old poll. (You dont see many in general these days, so i tried to make it a relevant one).

If you could only pick one new gun to be included in the next major upgrade, which would it be?

(I've tried to give a selection of the most commonly requested guns in previous threads. I also neglected pistols, because there is currently no suitable firing stance. In short, I've only tried to include weapons which would be possible to include in an upgrade with minimum fuss).

Note: If you select other, please specify below...<span id='postcolor'>

AN-94 with Kobra sight. The Soviets need a wider selection of rifles, with better optics

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WhoCares @ Mar. 14 2002,15:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would have voted for Addons forum, but so I choosed MG3, but in fact I would prefer a MG42 for resistance.<span id='postcolor'>

Addons?

No, this poll is supposed to be about these weapons being in an official upgrade, not created as unofficial addons. That is why I put this poll in general.

The reason being I very rarely install custom addons, as they can have adverse and unpredictable effects.

Can someone explain why nthis was moved to addons and mods, when it has nothing to do with addons or mods?  confused.gif

By this reasoning, the popular "What would you like to see in the next OFP" should be in addons and mods too. sad.gif

Guest Scooby

Proper Russian AT-4 and US TOW or AP mines or proper HMGs or...

I have already made a G3 model.. Hopefully I will be able to get Oxygen, and get the model working in game.

Here it is:

G3A3_23

Voted for other.

Not sure what kind of weapons but something with scopes. AK-74, AK-74SU and Bizon with scope would be enough for me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DanAK47 @ Mar. 14 2002,18:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have already made a G3 model.. Hopefully I will be able to get Oxygen, and get the model working in game.

Here it is:

G3A3_23<span id='postcolor'>

Hey dude isnt that an HK-33 ? a G-3 does look a bit smaller

i saw already another addon wich claims to be an G-3 but isnt one did i miss something ?

this an G-3

g3.gif

this is an HK-33

hk33a2.gif

anyway my vote should go to an HK-33

OK, Sith explained why this was moved to Addons & Mods.

While I dont agree with his reasoning, I will accept it and stop whining.

Update: I realised I didnt put any soviet weapons in the mix, but honestly, I couldnt think of many. Would be happy to see more soviet firearms if they were really part of the soviet arsenal in 1985, or maybe as part f the resistance stockpile (SKS, V76 etc.)

i'm for a soviet mounted MG. kind of pointless i know, but it just doesn't feel right with russians shooting at you with american equipment

Im sure with the release of Oxygen to mod developers, many of these guns will become available.

But, I would still like to see the most popular in an official patch or upgrade. As I've said, I dont like installing unofficial mods (as they can cause problems, and in MP not everyone will have them installed), and I'm sure others feel the same.

Well i think NATO has gotten more than enough guns in the official upgrades:

G36, XMS and Steyr Aug.

Russia could get any of these:

AS "Val" Silent assault rifle

http://www.world.guns.ru/assault/as10-e.htm

SVN-98 High caliber sniper rifle (to counter the barret)

http://www.world.guns.ru/sniper/sn05-e.htm

OR

V-94 Hi-cal sniper rifle

http://www.world.guns.ru/sniper/sn04-e.htm

VSS "Vintorez" Silent Sniper rifle

http://www.world.guns.ru/sniper/sn20-e.htm

An-94 Abakan with and without "Cobra" sight

http://www.world.guns.ru/assault/as08-e.htm

Saiga-12k Semi-auto shotgun

http://www.world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh07-e.htm

Ragnardb that picture is of a G3KA4. Here is a G3A3:

g3a3_sm.jpg

I also made a G3/SG1 today. Just need to add the bipod and it will be done.

G3SG1_6

that weapon is made by Heckler & Koch right the people at heckler/koch told something else anyway no prob i will make an hk 33

Thanks Centurion, I was trying to think of more Soviet weapons, your list is very good.

Yeah, how about a real HMG for charlie? He shouldn't have to use an American gun. And, give civvies/resistance some Molotovs. That would really make life interesting, as those who have seen the last part of Saving Private Ryan will know.

Just my two Lincoln Memorials.

Looks like it's neck and neck between the M249 and the M82A1.

Again, apologies for not including soviet weapons...