Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

Manhatten Walkthrough (Spoilers Obviously)

This may sound dumb but how do I tell the pilots where to take me? I called in for a pickup but cannot figure out how to tell them where to take me.

call for heli, pres #'s 0, 8, 1, select LZ pickup with your gun, not the map.

tell your squad to get in chopper, make sure they do, they board at the same time. once inside, the green transport menu comes up, hit M for map, then left click on desired destination on the map.

if you close the transport screen by accident, open your map, then press # 0, then # 8 for communications, then # 1 for transport, then left click the map where you want your destination.

if you want to modify your LZ in flight due to poor LZ selection on map, you can modify it before he crashes into trees or what be. open your map, 0,8,1 then re-set the drop off LZ by left clicking :cool:

Yeah, I'm having problems with invinsible tanks and no arty too. Radio'd in got like 1 APC for Boomerang and no arty. Spent probably 4 hours attempting to storm it with just my 4 guys. No luck obviously. Also, I tried using the RPGs on the tank but I never saw any explosion after I fired. Leveled it right at the tanks and fired. I got the ears ringing but not the important part. (you know, the part where the tank blows up?)

Edited by Dallar_Mhendi

yea i got tht same prob too when all my support has disappeared and i want to attack main base but 'boomerang' never attack at all (im so pissed off with this mission seein as it took a while to get to mny current location)

I had a hilarious script trigger malf in Gorka. I approached on foot from the north and found the weapons cache immediately, talked to the priest, and told him I was reporting the weapons. I called it in and the engineers said they were coming. All was well. So I am hanging out on the street in front of the church when a red civilian 4 door pulls up and a woman gets out and starts speaking to me like we had already met (we hadn't) and giving me intel. Anywho as she is speaking I see a deuce and a half barreling down the same road, presumably the engineers. It wasn't slowing down. So as you have probably guessed, the deuce whacked her car and smeared her into the street and killed two of my guys! As the mission fail screen approached, the last thing I heard was the engineer saying "Looks liek you got a weapons garage sale here.." or something. It was so hilarious only because I had saved before talking to the priest.

The campaign as designed on paper is just AWESOME. Really fits the scope of the world that BIS developed and is very flexible. I think however that BIS is better at coding games than scripting missions. I'll bet the community could have implemented the campaign perfectly given the assets and the tools. Good content, reflective of real world ops for Recon teams. Just rushed unfortunately.

I found it quite funny when i had to go into krastnostav to arrest the woman I parked the apc at the T junction when you arrive at the town, got out and found her, when i came back the doctors assistant (the female you talk to in the red car) turned up and was ramming the back end of the apc, continuously reversing and smashing into the back of it. So bohemia got something right, they sccessfully simulated realistic women drivers

About the insurgent leader:

It is Nikitin from Harvest Red the traitor guy. He has the First Aid module on him so you may have just injured him and hes hiddden in grass. When you find him you get dialogue where he begs to live etc with Cooper/'Player controlled team member'.

It seems you have to kill him when you do and the base is clear(check all mg nests) you automatically radio in and tell Swordsman that you found him but not that he is the Leader. Your told to search him and you find certain 'docs' revealling him to be the leader, completing the objective.

Don't know if this happens all the time but has for me twice maybe it only happens like this if you injure him and talk to him before he dies. Turn terrain detail to lowest so he isn't hidden. You can also try getting one of your team members to do action 'search body' as said above.

Just a bit off topic, but I radio transport and the chopper arrives. But how do I tell it to go somewhere else? The pilot ask me where I want to go, but nothing happens. I'm in Khelm btw.

Need some help please!

How'd you do razor 2 without this?

Anyway go to map and either just click where you want or press '1' while pointer is over the place where you want.

Nice walkthrough Archamedes thanks. I found it a bit late, I'm at the main base part of the mission, just about done everything else and it's driving me nuts. There's an arty bug for sure, I never called it in straight away so now it's not selectable...great.

I call in Boomerang who get totally obliterated every time, I've played this part out about 20 times and I cant even get near the base, I've hidden in the woods while boomerang attack and drawn several enemy in there and my squad get wiped out every time without even getting an enemy kill lol, I mean the enemy AI must be cranked up to superhuman at this point. I've even lured just two enemy in with my guys in a flanking position so they're bound to get them right?..... nope, not one and my team die again. I'm even killed while face down totally prone in the forest undergrowth with enemy about 300 yards away.

I've wandered back to starforce base looking for a decent vehicle, there's a chopper you can get in but does'nt seem to be working? also tried another airstrip looking for any crewable tanks, choppers, and found nothing. Anyone done this part of the mission without arty? cause I'm stumped.

woot!

just beat this and wow, now i see why its so big, after completing that, i feel like i can control my team to do ANYTHING, i lost my air strike, so my last battle at the main base was epic! it was amazing, it took me about 2 hours to move through it, strategically moving from side to side, slowly eliminating the opposition, god, this game is truly amzing, all the frame dips and everything stopped after chernogorsk, and now i just have smooth, amazing gameplay, with stunning graphics!!

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

wolfbics, you have to move very very slowly, keeping you team prone at almost all times, i start on the ridge right in front of the dam, then i worked slowly toward the right, running through the open field and to the trees opposite, then i slowly work down, covering behind trees and leaning out, switch to the marksman to make some key kills, then move down aorund, save A LOT, i died a lot, but was able to make it work, and the reward was AMAZING, it felt so good, and realistic, and just awesome to win that battle

Ran into a bug after calling in the arty strike at the main base. I (Cooper) got out of the APC to watch the arty strike with the binoculars. I kept the rest of the team in the APC but when I got back in the APC the rest of the team was gone and scattered allover the map :confused: - the LZ, friendly base, and by one the sentry camps in the big red oval. The regroup command did not work as they were too far away. Tried switching to each member and moving them closer but when I switch to another member to try to do the same the one I just moved went back to it's original "lost" position. I eventually got them all back close enough to use the regroup command by sending move commands on the map view. Anybody else experience something similar?

Thanks to Archamedes for the walkthrough btw. It helped alot.

After getting sidetracked by my wayward AI team, I returned to the main insurgent base to find that the arty strike perhaps did not completely destroy the camp. The medical tent was still up, a parked apc under a camo net with small arms crates, a couple machine gun nests, some infantry, and an active apc still remained. Did the arty strike take anything out or was that another bug?

Edited by AlphaBravo23
Add-on

if you can't find the insurgent leader at the main enemy base, head to dubrovka. you should run into a squad of insurgents with one man you likes to stand in front of the vehiclle that your team seems to refuse to shoot even though he will blast them. I wounded him and cried like a little baby but even after healing him I couldn't do anything so I executed him and got the objective.

if you can't find the insurgent leader at the main enemy base, head to dubrovka. you should run into a squad of insurgents with one man you likes to stand in front of the vehiclle that your team seems to refuse to shoot even though he will blast them. I wounded him and cried like a little baby but even after healing him I couldn't do anything so I executed him and got the objective.

I found the insurgent leader in the woods just west of the medical tent kneeling down with his handgun drawn and pointed. I wounded him and waited for him to die. I went downstairs to get a glass of water and came back to see him still rolling around. I had to heal him and execute him like you did before I got the mission complete message.

Finally got through it!!!!

No issues!!!!

Thank you Bohemia!!!

Even though the UAV hellfire locking is broken....

This may sound dumb but how do I tell the pilots where to take me? I called in for a pickup but cannot figure out how to tell them where to take me.

Pull up the map, put your cursor over the spot you want (no trees!)

and hit 0,8,1,1

Should then see a yellow square "pickup"

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Once I had the driver of the EOD team die just getting out of the truck... come on now. Injure, sure. Die, no. At least if he was injured, my corpsmen could have patched him up.

It was easier to do the next time around by not turning in the cache... but that it your choice.

I had a hilarious script trigger malf in Gorka. I approached on foot from the north and found the weapons cache immediately, talked to the priest, and told him I was reporting the weapons. I called it in and the engineers said they were coming. All was well. So I am hanging out on the street in front of the church when a red civilian 4 door pulls up and a woman gets out and starts speaking to me like we had already met (we hadn't) and giving me intel. Anywho as she is speaking I see a deuce and a half barreling down the same road, presumably the engineers. It wasn't slowing down. So as you have probably guessed, the deuce whacked her car and smeared her into the street and killed two of my guys! As the mission fail screen approached, the last thing I heard was the engineer saying "Looks liek you got a weapons garage sale here.." or something. It was so hilarious only because I had saved before talking to the priest.

The campaign as designed on paper is just AWESOME. Really fits the scope of the world that BIS developed and is very flexible. I think however that BIS is better at coding games than scripting missions. I'll bet the community could have implemented the campaign perfectly given the assets and the tools. Good content, reflective of real world ops for Recon teams. Just rushed unfortunately.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

I parked the AAV a click to the West, where the APC wouldn't blow it to kingdom come, and then stealthed in through the woods, stopping my guys and "hold fire". Then crawl in to the low ridge in the woods to the SW and call in arty for "Fire for effect" ... about 30 rounds come in and smatter everything to smithereens save but a couple of MG nests.

Of course, this kills the dude you're trying to I.D., and I can't get it to finish, but it sure was a glorious spectacle of fire'n'brimstone!

HINT: The walk-through has you walk over to the smashed medical tent, and then that triggers you "finding" the dead body (never seen), and called back to FOB to finish the level.

...and Boomerang only showed up *after* it was all over.

woot!

just beat this and wow, now i see why its so big, after completing that, i feel like i can control my team to do ANYTHING, i lost my air strike, so my last battle at the main base was epic! it was amazing, it took me about 2 hours to move through it, strategically moving from side to side, slowly eliminating the opposition, god, this game is truly amzing, all the frame dips and everything stopped after chernogorsk, and now i just have smooth, amazing gameplay, with stunning graphics!!

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

wolfbics, you have to move very very slowly, keeping you team prone at almost all times, i start on the ridge right in front of the dam, then i worked slowly toward the right, running through the open field and to the trees opposite, then i slowly work down, covering behind trees and leaning out, switch to the marksman to make some key kills, then move down aorund, save A LOT, i died a lot, but was able to make it work, and the reward was AMAZING, it felt so good, and realistic, and just awesome to win that battle

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

I've run all over the base camp, but can't find a place to re-arm me and the grunts. Anybody found it? I've taken down so many encampments and droppin' a hundred dudes, I'm down to my last magazine. I read the spoile and to reload at the cache... but that seems like the last resort for a "simulator"... the cache would probably only have russian ammo.

<rant>

This game has little quirks like this that can be so frustrating, when everything else is so glorious.

A decent online manual for these sorts of things would be fantastic. Not a tactical guide, but a practical GAME manual for people not familiar with FP and Arma (1).

I shouldn't have to find out how to call in a LZ from a forum, I should have gotten a manual on how to do this.</rant>

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

I found out why you don't have UAV support! :)

crashed_UAV_ARMA2.jpg

Also got this weird "no map" error, that persisted until I searched the safe house (even persisted through a reboot...which I thought might have helped). In my "pretend world", I guess I think that he left his map in the chopper! :P

NoMapbugARMA2.jpg

Edited by docrings

I've run all over the base camp, but can't find a place to re-arm me and the grunts. Anybody found it? I've taken down so many encampments and droppin' a hundred dudes, I'm down to my last magazine. I read the spoile and to reload at the cache... but that seems like the last resort for a "simulator"... the cache would probably only have russian ammo.

there's a truck near the Base of Starforce 21 at which you are able to rearm yourself ;)

Thanks!

I just finished the level with the walk-through. I think my problem the first time was

1) Not knowing how to search a body (gunrunners)

2) Delaying finding the girl at the beginning, (I went for the cache first, and lost the opportunities to find her)

3) After ARTY was called in on the base, not walking over near the hospital clinic to let the game know I was looking for the dead body (not seen in game), and then getting called back to the FOB to finish the level.

I think I spent six hours (by the watch in the game) running around the first time and doing nearly everything except the first two above.

Thanks for the walk-through just to "trigger" the next level. In my mind I successfully completed all of it, just couldn't get the game to "trigger" me out of it.

Cheers,

Doc

:cool:

there's a truck near the Base of Starforce 21 at which you are able to rearm yourself ;)

Thanks for the map Archamedes!

I'm on my third full playthrough of the Campaign (although this doesn't begin to describe the hours spent replaying missions that failed to work due to scripting bugs!), but I've still not managed to commit the location of the sentry camps to memory..!

Previously I stumbled upon them (without ever getting the red zone markers on my map), this time I found the three in the red zones and destroyed the main camp but I got fed up driving round and round looking for the other sentry camps, so I came here and found your post.

I've not encountered any mission-stopping bugs on this campaign run through yet - but I think that's more to do with knowing what I'm meant to be doing and avoiding behaviour that messes up the scripting, than BI actually having fixed anything... I'm still encountering a LOT of "minor weirdness..!"

im stuck on trying to find the main base. Ive been to where u have circled but on my game there is nothing there and so far spent ages running around at least 4hrs on this mission but im still loving the game :)

The main base is either at the dam, OR alternatively south of it. Left of the "Area of operation" text.

cool found out where there are now thx mikupoiss but now i have another problem my boomerang grp is crap they dont even help me they just stop and do jack all. But also i dont even have artillary support no more in my options so how can i possible take out that base. Sucks cos i aint doing all this again as ive spent over 4hrs already on this mish

Oke guys, i finally completed the mission after alot of hard work. when i returned to the mission menu, the next mission doenst show up it still says manhattan as the lowest mission on the list... anyone knows something?

Have you tried loading last checkpoint of Manhattan on finishing the mission again?

Either that, or revert the mission and do some more hard work :P

Did anyone find the warcrime evidence? i think i know only 1 the Dead body of sova (still heading to him) And what are the 2 ways to complete it? (the one to help CDF in upcommong missions) ( or the one to HELP NAPA if im correct)

i didnt turn in the weapon cache Heh.. now looking for sentry camps and the evidence ( i found only 2 sentry camps in the Big oval under krastonav could anyone post the map with the others marked? but if theyre are random too just say possible ones Hehe

Did anyone find the warcrime evidence? i think i know only 1 the Dead body of sova (still heading to him) And what are the 2 ways to complete it? (the one to help CDF in upcommong missions) ( or the one to HELP NAPA if im correct)

i didnt turn in the weapon cache Heh.. now looking for sentry camps and the evidence ( i found only 2 sentry camps in the Big oval under krastonav could anyone post the map with the others marked? but if theyre are random too just say possible ones Hehe

There's a map on the first page of this thread but it doesn't include the last one on the list below.

Sentry camps:

One on Black Mountain,

One below Black Mountain to the South

One on the hill east of the airport Olsha or something

One on the hill west of the airport

One near Gorka in an opening in the forest to the north

One to the west somewhere, you don't have to find this one (081 051)