Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

Manhatten Walkthrough (Spoilers Obviously)

Okay.. nowi would only need to find the evidence i guess dead doc sova is one but he aint on any tree in krastonav (as the radio messages say no truck between krastonav and the other town too

( base was at the dam but boomerang didnt come =p the radio said thati shouldnt engage until bommerang came but the base was dead already ( saw a man in the woods near it was looking for sentrys then i spotted a recon squad with brdm with rocket on it then saw the base from distance and called arty =p ( 1 apc and 2 remained and i found nikiton or something)

no the evidence you collect is from the woman you arrest in Krastnostav (only if she boards the helecopter) and the papers you find in the smugglers house

The doc is hung at the back of his house... the northern town above the large red area.

If you go there early in the mission (like 1st thing you do) you can actually have a chat with him...

Only later the message shows up and he is hanged... there are a bunch of CDFs near him.

for people who can't get artillary or boomerang to work in the corner of the armory at FOB manhatten there is a box full of rocket launchers :) it's next to the special weapons crate an is hard to pick out from the rest. or you could just use the stuff at the supply depo where the preist is

Boomerang is too slow for people when you get from the forets side if the base is at the dam so javelins and smaws are handy for your suqad then =D

Sorry if this has been asked before. The main base will eat you alive with their amazing MG bunkers and the T-72. I used my artillery support on another outpost. Do you only get one fire mission (and obviously this fire mission should be used on the impossible otherwise main base?)? If this is the case... well done Shaftoe, really the fact that we get only one fire mission before the arty ups and leaves did not occur to you as an important piece of info...

Skooma, I think your backup died. I spotted some of the friendies, infantry and a LAV-25, likely chewed to pieces within seconds of being detected. I swear to god that main base could stop the entire armies of Mordor...

Sorry if this has been asked before. The main base will eat you alive with their amazing MG bunkers and the T-72. I used my artillery support on another outpost. Do you only get one fire mission (and obviously this fire mission should be used on the impossible otherwise main base?)? If this is the case... well done Shaftoe, really the fact that we get only one fire mission before the arty ups and leaves did not occur to you as an important piece of info...

Skooma, I think your backup died. I spotted some of the friendies, infantry and a LAV-25, likely chewed to pieces within seconds of being detected. I swear to god that main base could stop the entire armies of Mordor...

The base isn't that hard. I beat it without the artillery support. There were only two situations that pissed me off. The T-72 was reacting too quickly and I saved at a crappy spot where I was attacked by several men right after it loaded. I beat it though. The MG nests never even got a shot off at me because I attacked from the direction they weren't facing which was lucky for me because I didn't notice them until I was already in the base.

Well its the luck of the draw i suppose. I had a great position, wooded forest, a large boulder that would stop anything short of a tank cannon (and of course i would always hit the T-72 with the RPG-VL (or PVL, i dunno the heavier one). Crew always abandoned the tank afterwards. Elevation advantage meant i had no problem picking off OPFOR infantry trying to flank. But then the MG nests just open up. I couldn't return fire, one nest was visually blocked by adjacent tree foliage, but the AI could see me clear as day. Despite being in dark woods, i couldn't even move or change posture behind the boulder, they'd put pinpoint fire on me. Course the other razor members were nothing but liabilities, getting killed the very instant I attack the tank. Learned to just have em just lay prone and hold fire. Just another one of those AI bugs I suppose, the MG nests clearly could see me and my intentions straight through a solid boulder. No biggie, sort it out later in a patch, i just ended the mission and continued with the campaign.

you see this is why the apc is so useful

And the UAV that I used to blow up the tank with the comfort of sitting at FOB Manhattan. :rolleyes:

I just pumped some 25mm bushmaster into the tracks of the t72 and the crew bailed.

This was a good mission, thanks BIS

Anybody completed this in co-op at all? Everytime we load up a save this mission just gets filled with more and more bugs. We're at a point now where we respawn everytime we die.

Also, is it safe to leave the A.O. during Manhatten? Can we still look for evidence that we couldnt get to in Razor Two?

And the UAV that I used to blow up the tank with the comfort of sitting at FOB Manhattan. :rolleyes:

Very tricky task, the UAV doesn't seem to stay in one direction long enough to get your bearings for which direction is front, and being as you can only fire forward its a pain in the ass

Okay.. nowi would only need to find the evidence i guess dead doc sova is one but he aint on any tree in krastonav (as the radio messages say no truck between krastonav and the other town too

( base was at the dam but boomerang didnt come =p the radio said thati shouldnt engage until bommerang came but the base was dead already ( saw a man in the woods near it was looking for sentrys then i spotted a recon squad with brdm with rocket on it then saw the base from distance and called arty =p ( 1 apc and 2 remained and i found nikiton or something)

If you drive through Krastonav going west (taking the road that goes to Gorka) you'll see a military truck on the left hand side just as you're leaving town. There are 3 soldiers. Sova is hanging from a tree.

As for Valentina, the first time I got the call she was dead I'd just talked to her 60 seconds before. Turned the APC around and she and her car were gone... I don't think you can save either. Sort of odd considering.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Is there any way to help Dr. Sova and Valentina...??? Just curious.

As for getting the downed pilot EVAC mission I found that going after the sentry camps near Manhattan first triggered it each time but perhaps just a fluke on my end.

Actually that's the task I've done first (sentry camps) several times and didn't end up getting any SAR (Search And Rescue) mission?

I too would like to know if you can save the Doc and Valentina.

Edited by Sniperdoc

Is there any way to take on the base without artillery support? It sounds impossible, with the tanks and all.

It really kills me. I thought we're supposed to have 3 opportunities to use artillery, too. And I was retarded enough to use a fire mission on an enemy sentry camp.

I managed to use artillery on the base and be at a safe distance to watch the carnage. I also took a heavy duty javelin from the base (behind shaftoe) the rocket takes up a lot of space and you lose a few mag pouches but it definatly takes care of the surviving t-72 in one shot

Edited by Archamedes

Please show me, which house is smugglers house?

i cant point it out directly on a map but when you drive up to it you will see a couple of men standing in front of it and if they try to run away, you will know that you have found the right house.

This mission has been a blast so far, i have just saved at the FOB

I only cleared 2 sentry camps and it now says they are all done?

The woman with the red golf i could not find at first, probably because i was not paying attention, and just ran into the town, spotted a shiny golf parked up and took it for a joyride LOL! i then blew her car up, i had to reload and leave it alone, then i saw her walking towards the top of the town, she got on the chopper with no trouble.

It says the weapons smugglers task has been done, i found the white pickup but never saw any smugglers, nor killed anybody around that area.

Gathering evidence task is done, although i never found a hanging doctor :o

The weird bloke you are supposed to go and get from klem (sp?) as i approached his house, it was blown up by a suspected bomb, so while its "done" i don't have a green box, just a slash through it.

My UAV was blown up straight away, starforce 1 is long gone, i have 2 LAV`s, one of them i lost somewhere near gorka and could not find it again :lol: i have not tried the artillery strike thing yet, so it looks like the final base thing could be a bit easier.

As far as i am aware, i just need to clear the final base, and find the insurgent leader and the mission is done, i popped into this forum just to find out where the base is, as i have no clue :D

S-M,

There are other allied units roaming about that have helped you out capturing these tasks. Sometimes they help out a big deal like in your case but sometimes not so much.

great so thats why i dont have artillery. a freaking bug making this unbeatable. im trying to be the sniper to kill off all the chedaki but due to some other bug half my team will not even move.

i love this game but this campaign is the most frustrating single player experience i have ever had, it is unbelievable how many problems there are.

i love this game but this campaign is the most frustrating single player experience i have ever had, it is unbelievable how many problems there are.
Ahh... I feel your pain. If only someone could mash together the brilliance of BI's vision with the slick stability of Codie's OpF:DR, we'd have the perfect game.

Well, something with less of the flaws both games currently have, anyway..!

I cannot get in the APC also how do you tell it where to go?

Which APC are you talking about? There are a couple at the Manhattan base that are available to you. Just stand next to the APC and use the mouse wheel to get in as driver.