Sign in to follow this  
papoose244

Berzerk most fun

Hi guys I just want to say what a great game this is I was playing berzerk with 64 players(PVP) tonight most fun i Have had in years only problems i Have is that the marines and russians have the same colour camo I did alot of tks by accident tonight really annoying.And people need to host more player vs player servers dont get me wrong I love coop but its just not the same.

Usually if they are close enough you can mouseover them and their name will be green for friendly or red for enemy. Sometimes you have to hit spacebar when you mouseover them but either way there usually isn't any excuse for TK's unless it's a really far away shot or just pure accident like some moron running into your line of fire while you are spraying machine gun rounds downrange.

Oh but yes I agree Berzerk is great.

I guess I have to get use to it to bad theres no sqauds like in project reality then this mode would be the best ever.

I had a go at Berzerk a while this evening and to be honest, I just found it annoying.

Playing Russians, there where no jeeps whatsoever (they should be the basic of vehicles right?), a fairly dull option of other vehicles (an ambulance no one could drive, a BMP and a T72 I think) and it seemed generally to easy to cover the small zones. Plus when I fired into the enemy it warned me that I was firing into my base.

After my BMP was destroyed I got into a Hind as a gunner, it warned that I was firing on my base without even pulling the trigger (PsYChEEE FAJeR @ttaK!!1!) and when I did click we all mysteriously died. This was safely over our own base.

Edited by Murklor

Muklor, this Bezerk map you describe, I'm pretty sure the word 'BETA' is in the map name? correct?

its that way for a reason. numerous scripts being tweaked with the present build, have patience. I imagine a bug free build is in the near future.

Murklor there are Jeeps in Berzerk but they only spawn when you hold one of the 3 areas. Also maybe you don't realize it but when you hold one of the areas you can also respawn there so you don't have to spawn in main base every time.

The only probalem I am starting to see which may be on all server is I am starting to see hackers insta-killing mass people at one time and being invulnerable to fire. I was just on the [DAO] =3= Berzerk server and I was lighting this one guy up with machine gun rounds and 30mm rounds and I know I was hitting him but he wouldn't die. Shortly after that I just dropped dead twice in a row.

Edited by Bloodlet

Murklor there are Jeeps in Berzerk but they only spawn when you hold one of the 3 areas. Also maybe you don't realize it but when you hold one of the areas you can also respawn there so you don't have to spawn in main base every time.

The only probalem I am starting to see which may be on all server is I am starting to see hackers insta-killing mass people at one time and being invulnerable to fire. I was just on the [DAO] =3= Berzerk server and I was lighting this one guy up with machine gun rounds and 30mm rounds and I know I was hitting him but he wouldn't die. Shortly after that I just dropped dead twice in a row.

There's another topic on this too with some good info...

The insta death thing I think is a bug, but I am not sure. It happens every now and then with the latest build.

You CAN spawn vehicles at main base, go into tent and spawn jeep/bike/truck.

To the original poster... yes it is a fun map, if you are having problems identifying uniforms just look at the helmets, that is what works for me.

There's another topic on this too with some good info...

The insta death thing I think is a bug, but I am not sure. It happens every now and then with the latest build.

You CAN spawn vehicles at main base, go into tent and spawn jeep/bike/truck.

To the original poster... yes it is a fun map, if you are having problems identifying uniforms just look at the helmets, that is what works for me.

Well it may be a bug but I can tell you for certain that the invulnerable dude was not dying despite 100's of 7.62 rounds and several 30mm rounds and I know they hit because I saw blood and I was not lagging.

Well it may be a bug but I can tell you for certain that the invulnerable dude was not dying despite 100's of 7.62 rounds and several 30mm rounds and I know they hit because I saw blood and I was not lagging.

Hi all

Servers need to run Signature check.

Kind Regards walker

I didn't like Berzerk in arma1 and it's almost same in arma2.. It's all about camping in Tanks 1000m away from the battle.

The mission i really enjoy in arma2 is AAS (advance and secure ) by CoolBox-SBS-. PvP with one-by-one flag capture. Mostly infantry. It's fairly simple and almost bug-free. (i found the mission files here: http://www.sbs-squad.org.uk/aas/beta06/ )

The mission i really enjoy in arma2 is AAS (advance and secure ) by CoolBox-SBS-. PvP with one-by-one flag capture. Mostly infantry. It's fairly simple and almost bug-free.

My experience with that was about as bad as Berzerk, because players on both teams where complete idiots that didnt know how to play the mode, just about everyone but me ignored the enemies getting into flag zones and did TDM in the apparently "safe" areas that arent colored.

I've had really bad luck with PvP I think :p

My experience with that was about as bad as Berzerk, because players on both teams where complete idiots that didnt know how to play the mode, just about everyone but me ignored the enemies getting into flag zones and did TDM in the apparently "safe" areas that arent colored.

I've had really bad luck with PvP I think :p

I think so :) (even though I also had bad experiences playing both AAS and Berzerk, but for different reasons - I also had good experiences, mind you)

For your firing warnings in safe zone in Berzerk, it's done on purpose to avoid TKs at main base.

If you make more weapons available (such as javelins/SMAW), maybe it won't turn into a tank camp fest ;)

Well, tbh Sobor version is less a tank camp fest than some other version seen in ArmA1.

In fact, I try to play most of my PvP in A2 as pure infantry, and currently the only mission that made it impossible is crCTI, where you do the "2 tanks, 1 AA, 1 support"-"tactic" or you die.

Passed my last Berzerk session as full Infantry no problem

if you don't count

1) suddenly getting 2/3 CEASEFIRE warning even though you didn't shoot anything and now you just lost all your ammo and can't get them back unless you die...

2)...and when you die you sometimes spawn into a sea and die again...ehh

3) you're having much fun with your friend inside a tank. Using voice comm. and mauling enemy vehicles and infantry...then suddenly you're killed even though nobody fired a shot at you

so when these bugs with the beta are fixed I can say it's enjoyable.

I am currently running berzerk on my server

Unlimted War berzerk 100 mb west coast .

ip 66.148.120.48

Also have team speak up at 66.148.120.48