Sign in to follow this  
soccerboy

Artillery Support System Package: Released

I too like Soccerboy's module and use it as my default arty. Any way to get incoming rounds sound to work in it? (like the sound effect in the domination arty module?

Los

Soccer not sure the dispersion is working correctly. I set it to 500 M but still get a tight pattern.

Nice soccerboy :)

While a dialog would be great no doubt, the action menu does the job for now well enough.

At the same time only once ARTY has proper sounds (incoming, impact), voiced radio

transmissions and tweaked FX (smoke disappears ways too fast and too small) it will be

huge.

Maybe it is possible to ask CoC for their OFP assets (sounds, radio, fx coding).

Tested the addon version and read that i have to set the name in a sqf file. Do i have to extract the pbo for this?

No other solution for add and go type of addon? With a set name that we have to use. Im not good at scripting etc. Just checking. Its always best with options like youve done, but thinking about some extra more simpler add and go version.

A dialog version from the map interface would be superb !

Now just combine this with a roaming UAV and you got a happy chap here :)

i would be awesome if you could make A10 Close air support! if we could paint the target for their miniguns!

Soccer not sure the dispersion is working correctly. I set it to 500 M but still get a tight pattern.

i know it feels a bit strange but during my testing i read out the set dispersion that the gun used with a

player sidechat format ["%1",duration_b1];

i used that code to varify the dispersion number that has been globally transmitted to battery1 and it always read correct. but i do sense that it feels strange too. i'll look into it maybe i over looked something thats confusing the system. however compared to 100m and 500m it does expand by my observation.

Nice soccerboy :)

While a dialog would be great no doubt, the action menu does the job for now well enough.

At the same time only once ARTY has proper sounds (incoming, impact), voiced radio

transmissions and tweaked FX (smoke disappears ways too fast and too small) it will be

huge.

Maybe it is possible to ask CoC for their OFP assets (sounds, radio, fx coding).

i'm seriously a total noob with sound effects or particle fx modding. for the radio used now i had to cheat a bit and just used

player sideradio "radiomsg";

instead of the more efficient and nicer looking kbtell function.

the other things like particle effects is a bit too over me and i would need some professional help with that.

Tested the addon version and read that i have to set the name in a sqf file. Do i have to extract the pbo for this?

No other solution for add and go type of addon? With a set name that we have to use. Im not good at scripting etc. Just checking. Its always best with options like youve done, but thinking about some extra more simpler add and go version.

you shouldn't need to set any names anywhere. the only thing that you would need to do is place my ASSP Init module on the map and sync it to your artillery modules (not the guns) and then use this code in every soldier you want that will have access to the artillery menu

arty_radio = [this] execvm "\artillery_ssp\arty_radio.sqf"

you're however right with the readme and i'm terribly sorry for the confusing and misleading readme. i'll make sure that it'll be corrected for the next version. for now i've uploaded an updated readme for people who wish to have the corrected readme now, on the front page of this thread.

also for the options that are free to change by your will should be in the demo mission called "options.sqf" you can pretty much change plenty of values in there like ammo limit, etc.

i would be awesome if you could make A10 Close air support! if we could paint the target for their miniguns!

i already attempted to try that and the AI have a hard time with flying. also the A10 doesn't have a "Minigun" the A10 shoots a volkswagen bug :D

Edited by soccerboy

ok cant figure out how to get it to work cause I cant find a file called options.sqf to place my unit names in. There is one called ASSP_Options.sqf. Is this it? I dont see anywhere in that file to put unit names in. Im missing something here cause the open menu screen pops up but nothing is in it.

Also your instructions say to put a trigger in the mission that is repeating but your test mission does not have it repeating. Which is correct.

figured it out. forgot to put the init info in the unit. My bad

Final edit - The dispersion is definitely not working. Set it again to 500M and all round land within a 10m radius. 500m is half a KM. Shells should be falling all over the place.

Edited by gunterlund21

ok cant figure out how to get it to work cause I cant find a file called options.sqf to place my unit names in. There is one called ASSP_Options.sqf. Is this it? I dont see anywhere in that file to put unit names in. Im missing something here cause the open menu screen pops up but nothing is in it.

Also your instructions say to put a trigger in the mission that is repeating but your test mission does not have it repeating. Which is correct.

ah you're right i've forgotten to set it to repeat. both will\should work however i'm unsure which one is healthier for the system at this time.

if you run into problems with it being a repeat trigger you could try it with non-repeat. but i don't think there should be any problems.

as stated before, the line in the readme where it says to fill in a name in the ASSP_options.sqf file is incorrect. 1.04 doesn't detect through naming it detects through syncronization now. so there is no need to name anything anymore other than the script version which the game logic has to carry the name "Arty_detect" *without quotes*

edit: lol ok well since i already replied i'll just leave it in case somebody else needs the info i just posted.

yep got is running. Now all we need is correct dispersion and we are golden

lmao i had a look at the fire script and the dispersion value is set but not used so i'll release a hotfix for it tomorrow later today/night (depending on timezone you're in) once i'm certainly sure that its fixed.

i'm terribly sorry that i haven't caught it earlier.

Edit: i got the hotfix done and now i'm seeing a big difference now that its using those values. try it out and report back if it certainly is fixed so i can notify armaholic to update their files on their site. i'm uploading it now and should be done and posted soon.

now with the proper dispersion i've reduced some of them because 500m seemed to ridiculous and reduced effectiveness of the artillery.

Edited by soccerboy

OK GETTING there. I set the dispersion to 150 and the shells show a bigger spread but they land in a straight line vs a random circular pattern. Your randomization looks like it is landing in a Y direction but not X

OK GETTING there. I set the dispersion to 150 and the shells show a bigger spread but they land in a straight line vs a random circular pattern. Your randomization looks like it is landing in a Y direction but not X

did you try shooting a few fire missions. because i'm not the one who is actually making those calculations. i'm just calling a script function that BIS made.

with this:

[NameOfBattery, NumberValue] call BIS_ARTY_F_SetDispersion;

the three fire missions that i've executed looked correct to me.

Edited by soccerboy

soccerboy to clarify it. :)

Wasnt meant that you need to improve those aspects. The community has helpful people.

Contact Mark XIII for sound effects, or ask for help in the 101 sound modding thread.

For FX DMarkwick or Maddmatt for example.

CoC site and stuff can be found here: http://www.website.thechainofcommand.net/

Keep up the good job :)

Edited by kju

soccerboy to clarify it. :)

Wasnt meant that you need to improve those aspects. The community has helpful people.

Contact Mark VIII for sound effects, or ask for help in the 101 sound modding thread.

For FX DMarkwick or Maddmatt for example.

CoC site and stuff can be found here: http://www.website.thechainofcommand.net/

Keep up the good job :)

i'm the kind of person that doesn't like to bug others with my problems and things like that :(. but i guess i'll have to over come this personal issue of mine to see perfection come to my project.

however i do remember all of those guys from the past games and i'll probably contact them in the near future for some help and advice. :)

Hey I know this is dumb but how do I do this step in your readme..."give it a name and you MUST tell the system which name you gave it in the "options.sqf"." How do I edit the SQF? I know zero about scripting and have just been making simple missions with what the editor has provided. I tried searching for this, since im sure its at least in these forums once, but for some reason it came up with nothing. I've got the rest of the steps so far to make it work..just stuck on that.

Hey I know this is dumb but how do I do this step in your readme..."give it a name and you MUST tell the system which name you gave it in the "options.sqf"." How do I edit the SQF? I know zero about scripting and have just been making simple missions with what the editor has provided. I tried searching for this, since im sure its at least in these forums once, but for some reason it came up with nothing. I've got the rest of the steps so far to make it work..just stuck on that.

when i first released 1.04 i didn't catch that part in the readme which doesn't apply to 1.04 anymore, so you can completely ignore that line. prior to 1.04 i didn't have a detection through synchronization system implemented so you had to give the artillery modules a name and place those names in the options.sqs. but with 1.04 you don't have to do any naming of artillery modules anymore.

i advise you to download and try the newer 1.04 hotfix1 which has the updated readme and the fixed dispersion values.

Hey, thanks for the response. Got it working and used your mission demo to figure some stuff out, like the radio alpha trigger..which im not entirely sure what it does but it does seem to make the radio work. Took that from your mission and copied it to the one I'm using. Anyways, I have a M119 synchronized to a art module and then the module synced to your module. The radio menu pops up fine and all that and I can set a target but no matter where I put the M119 it says.. "Radio message arty_outside_target not found". Any idea's? I looked through this forum and only one other person had this problem and he just copied your stuff from the demo and it fixed. I checked all that stuff from your demo and it looked exactly the same. Any idea's?

Hey, thanks for the response. Got it working and used your mission demo to figure some stuff out, like the radio alpha trigger..which im not entirely sure what it does but it does seem to make the radio work. Took that from your mission and copied it to the one I'm using. Anyways, I have a M119 synchronized to a art module and then the module synced to your module. The radio menu pops up fine and all that and I can set a target but no matter where I put the M119 it says.. "Radio message arty_outside_target not found". Any idea's? I looked through this forum and only one other person had this problem and he just copied your stuff from the demo and it fixed. I checked all that stuff from your demo and it looked exactly the same. Any idea's?

did you copy the "Description.ext" file over to your new mission aswell?

or maybe did you change anything in the "Description.ext"?

also the radio alpha trigger is only used so you can teleport to different places to like for instance observe the artillery shooting and then teleport back to the impact area and so on. it works the same way you set the target, you hit radio alpha and you click on the map to travel to where ever you want to go to.

the 2nd trigger is used to change from day to night and back to day again if you choose to. thats used so you can test the illumination rounds easier.

Edited by soccerboy

can someone help?

i've read through your post and i'm still having trouble understanding the problem or what you did to the system.

a bit more detailed info would be helpful.

Example:

are you using the addon or script version?

are you using 1.04 or 1.04 Hotfix1?

what does your problem look like?

what have you added or removed from the system?

*anything else you could provide to help me understand*

Edit:

in what sense does the menu not apear? does the open menu show up but theres nothing listed inside? if so you may have forgotten to add this to the soldiers init field to allow access

arty_radio = [this] execvm "artillery_ssp\arty_radio.sqf" 

if this is not the case then post more info and maybe i'll figure it out whats wrong.

Edited by soccerboy

:)

yep it goes like this

1-am using the script version (dono way maybe the addon version is more easy to use?)

2-not using the hotfix

3-i crated a mp mission (evo like) and when i try to load it with the arty system in multiplayer sometimes it works only for the "player" (mening action menu works) but still not for other playable's. players

now it seems that the arty action menu dont apper at all.

basicly all i did is simple i loaded ur demo mission in editor copyed all triggers moduls etc

to my mission , then export it to mpmission format by saving it in editor.

then of course copyed the folders and files to thier place .

ohh and i use radio chrlie for spawn squad it was radio alpha and bravo and i chaned it to radio chrlie as sad above due to conflict ,so now radio alpha is avilable agin ,anyway i think the arty system used radio alpha not sure but chaned it anyway.

all and all thats all i did.

Edited by MEIR1980

:)

yep it goes like this

1-am using the script version (dono way maybe the addon version is more easy to use?)

2-not using the hotfix

3-i crated a mp mission (evo like) and when i try to load it with the arty system in multiplayer sometimes it works only for the "player" (mening action menu works) but still not for other playable's. players

now it seems that the arty action menu dont apper at all.

basicly all i did is simple i loaded ur demo mission in editor copyed all triggers moduls etc

to my mission , then export it to mpmission format by saving it in editor.

then of course copyed the folders and files to thier place .

all and all thats all i did.

oh i think i see the problem now. i don't know if they changed it in ArmA 2, i haven't heard that they have yet but in OFP and ArmA when you use the editor to export an MP mission it'll only pack your mission.sqf into the PBO and not any additional scripts. i use a neat tool called "BinPBO" to pack missions into PBO's with Scripts and all. you can find the tool over at OFPEC.

oh sry small correction i copyed the folders and files to myprofile\mpmission\

and then opend the editor and exported the mission to mp, it packed all the files to pbo ur right

so what is the normal way to install this arty system for mpmission?

Edited by MEIR1980

oh sry small correction i copyed the folders and files to myprofile\mpmission\

and then opend the editor and exported the mission to mp, it packed all the files to pbo ur right

so what is the normal way to install this arty system for mpmission?

the method i've used to test the multiplayer compatibility was i've added another playable soldier for the 2nd person and added the init code to it so he has access to the menu. after that i've saved it in the same place as i opened it as "user created mission". then i just used binpbo to pack it and moved it into my ...\arma 2\mpmissions and loaded it up in multiplayer. after that i had somebody connect in and it worked flawlessly.

Edit:

i've just tested your way of doing it and you're right it does pack everything so i'm unsure whats causing you problems.

you tried to just add a few extra soldiers with the radio init code to the demo mission and packed that?

Edited by soccerboy