soccerboy

Artillery Support System Package: Released

canu take a look at my int.sqf and description.ext maybe something is not right

int.sqf

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// Function file for Armed Assault

// Created by: kylania

// Make sure Function library is working.

waituntil {!isnil "bis_fnc_init"};

// no grass.

setTerrainGrid 50;

// Allow town spawns.

townSpawned = false;

_xhandle = execvm "clearCorpses.sqf"

arty_init = true;

--------------

description.ext

#include "artillery_ssp\radio_dialog.hpp"

respawn = BASE;

respawndelay = 10;

disabledAI = 1;

it should be like that?

i just tested it and now i can see the action menu appear and i see the options for the arty but when i placed a corpsman and assiand this init: arty_radio = [this] execvm "artillery_ssp\arty_radio.sqf"

export start server and when i scroll the mouse wheel theres no menu at all just show my wepons

one more thing i have noticed that u assiand the player with laser marker and battry i allso used that init and for some reson i dont load the battry for playables all so the case was with the corpsman i just

used, is it dependable on laser marker?

Edited by MEIR1980

canu take a look at my int.sqf and description.ext maybe something is not right

int.sqf

// no grass.

setTerrainGrid 50;

// Allow town spawns.

townSpawned = false;

_xhandle = execvm "clearCorpses.sqf"

arty_init = true;

--------------

description.ext

#include "artillery_ssp\radio_dialog.hpp"

respawn = BASE;

respawndelay = 10;

disabledAI = 1;

it should be like that?

oh try this for your init.sqf

// no grass.
setTerrainGrid 50;

// Allow town spawns.
townSpawned = false;

_xhandle = execvm "clearCorpses.sqf";

arty_init = true;

the only thing i've noticed that could cause the problem is you've forgotten to add a ; at the end of _xhandle = execvm "clearCorpses.sqf"

maybe even add ; to the end of the #include line in your description.ext.

yep ill try it now

anyway i wonder it still works for player but not for playable wird ....

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

lol it crashed the game with error message that sy that i used the wrong syntax in description.ext i change it back now

should i better use the addon version?

yep ill try it now

anyway i wonder it still works for player but not for playable wird ....

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

lol it crashed the game with error message that sy that i used the wrong syntax in description.ext i change it back now

should i better use the addon version?

lol oh hmm ok then i guess the description.ext was fine the way it was. what about the init.sqf changes though?

well i'm not quite ready to give up just yet. :D

if all else fails you could send me your mission and i could take a look at what could be the problem, if you wish to do that.

Edited by soccerboy

good new myfriend it works with playable now and guess what was the prob?

i changed the playables rank to privte and it works looool

bytheway i loved ur work in this arty system its genius man ! nice work!

can i ask u for 2 more questions lol?

good new myfriend it works with playable now and guess what was the prob?

i changed the playables rank to privte and it works looool

bytheway i loved ur work in this arty system its genius man ! nice work!

can i ask u for 2 more questions lol?

wow thats strange, i have no idea why that would be a problem. but good to hear you got it working now.

sure, ask away.

Edit:

Oh i forgot to add that you should probably use the 1.04 Hotfix1 version because that one uses the dispersion values correctly. you shouldn't run into any problems if you do so. the fundamental change is mainly one of the fire scripts and the dispersion menu script.

Edited by soccerboy

i was woundring if u cant give me a leed on how to get a simple working solution

on how to cause a trigger spawn a russian plain in the air and tell it to cycle waypoints?

and how to end the mission by destroying a russian hq or any other object (like radio tower etc)

or if u really into it (lol) to help me create a trigger that will end the mission if lets say 5% of the enemy are left alive ?

sry for bombarding u with questions ;)

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

looks good ,ye i will downlaod it to check it out

i was woundring if u cant give me a leed on how to get a simple working solution

on how to cause a trigger spawn a russian plain in the air and tell it to cycle waypoints?

and how to end the mission by destroying a russian hq or any other object (like radio tower etc)

or if u really into it (lol) to help me create a trigger that will end the mission if lets say 5% of the enemy are left alive ?

sry for bombarding u with questions ;)

thats ok,

sorry if i can't really give much detailed answers to the things you're trying to do without testing it to verify that they would work.

creating the plane would take a bit of work.

ending the mission if 5% of the enemy should be doable too.

ending the mission if you destroy an object is easy.

trigger with condition
!alive OBJECTNAME

you could probably find nicer solutions to those particular questions on the OFPEC forums

ill try that now , thanks for ur help! and i really liked the arty system its cool !

do you have a place were u post ur work that i can look for more ideas?

ill appreciate it

ill try that now , thanks for ur help! and i really liked the arty system its cool !

do you have a place were u post ur work that i can look for more ideas?

ill appreciate it

if you're asking for links you can view them on the opening post on page one.

if you need anymore help with your mission feel free to PM me here anytime. i check the forums multiple times per day.

Edit:

you could probably find more qualified people that'll be able to help you on the OFPEC forums.

Edited by soccerboy

Hey Soccerboy, thanks for the response, I had everything right and it was still telling me check range for everything but then I just merged my mission with yours and left my same player unit and used that and everything worked. Mortars seem to have a very short range though. No idea why it didn't work though, everything looks exactly the same. I've noticed sometimes it just doesn't work and you have to delete all the artillery and modules and the player and then do it all again and then it might work.

Yeah more problems, sorry lol. I just looked through every page of this topic and found nothing on it. BUT when I export my mission to a multiplayer mission, when I try to host a server to make the map it gives me this error, " Include file artillery_ssp\radio_dialog.hpp not found" and crashes the game. It did this to me in the editor when I tried to load a map with the arty in it, if I ran a ARMA 2 shortcut that was not edited with your line from the instructions. This however is crashing when I'm trying to host, I get to the part where I enter the server name and password and players and hit okay and then it crashes and gives me that error. I have no even loaded a map or anything, so that confuses me badly. I can't even host right now. Any help? please

Yeah more problems, sorry lol. I just looked through every page of this topic and found nothing on it. BUT when I export my mission to a multiplayer mission, when I try to host a server to make the map it gives me this error, " Include file artillery_ssp\radio_dialog.hpp not found" and crashes the game. It did this to me in the editor when I tried to load a map with the arty in it, if I ran a ARMA 2 shortcut that was not edited with your line from the instructions. This however is crashing when I'm trying to host, I get to the part where I enter the server name and password and players and hit okay and then it crashes and gives me that error. I have no even loaded a map or anything, so that confuses me badly. I can't even host right now. Any help? please

hmm ok. i'm going to have to ask,

did you copy all the files to your mission before you exported it?

does the mission load and function in the editor?

are you using the Addon version?

what operating system are you running on your computer?

Sorry I should of specified all those before.

To your first question, Yes I copied all the files to my mission before exporting it and it did work in the editor and load correctly. Yes Im using the Addon version and I'm using windows XP. Also the Artillery was working in the preview for the editor as well. In reference to what I said before the Editor was giving me the same error, I am now getting when I try to host in MP, because I was not running the correct edited shortcut with your instructions about the command line. Hope that makes sense.

Sorry I should of specified all those before.

To your first question, Yes I copied all the files to my mission before exporting it and it did work in the editor and load correctly. Yes Im using the Addon version and I'm using windows XP. Also the Artillery was working in the preview for the editor as well. In reference to what I said before the Editor was giving me the same error, I am now getting when I try to host in MP, because I was not running the correct edited shortcut with your instructions about the command line. Hope that makes sense.

hmm i've noticed something else wrong with the addon version when i ran my test. i don't get an error but it doesn't play the sound files properly. it seems like the addon release was premature :(.

would it be ok to swap to the script version until i get the addon version working properly?

hmm i've noticed something else wrong with the addon version when i ran my test. i don't get an error but it doesn't play the sound files properly. it seems like the addon release was premature :(.

would it be ok to swap to the script version until i get the addon version working properly?

your script version is way easier to set up anyway :P just merge your demo map and copy everything thats in your map to your own map and done

Hey, I swapped out the Addon version for the Script version and thats working much better. Sometimes though when I merge your mission into mine it sometimes makes the unit not work, it always say check range, but I figured out that I can just delete it all and merge again and got 2/3 of the pre set artillery, from your mission, working..so that's more than good enough for me =). The script version is a good deal better than the Addon version to me as well so far. Especially since Multiplayer works. I was also wondering if you still need your ARMA 2 Shortcut edited with ...-applaunch 3390-mod=@Artillery_SSP

in the script version? It didn't say so in the read me. I saw some other mods that require you to edit the shortcut as well, I have yet to try and test to see if you can add two or more lines to it.

Hey, I swapped out the Addon version for the Script version and thats working much better. Sometimes though when I merge your mission into mine it sometimes makes the unit not work, it always say check range, but I figured out that I can just delete it all and merge again and got 2/3 of the pre set artillery, from your mission, working..so that's more than good enough for me =). The script version is a good deal better than the Addon version to me as well so far. Especially since Multiplayer works. I was also wondering if you still need your ARMA 2 Shortcut edited with ...-applaunch 3390-mod=@Artillery_SSP

in the script version? It didn't say so in the read me. I saw some other mods that require you to edit the shortcut as well, I have yet to try and test to see if you can add two or more lines to it.

no the shortcut doesn't need any editing so you can remove the above line from your shortcut.

Which version is supposed to work in MP without the people joining having to download the mod and install it? Im using the script one and its saying, "you cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.artillery_ssp" for my friend trying to join my map with the artillery system in it. I gave him the script and addon version and neither are providing different results when he tries to join.

Which version is supposed to work in MP without the people joining having to download the mod and install it? Im using the script one and its saying, "you cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.artillery_ssp" for my friend trying to join my map with the artillery system in it. I gave him the script and addon version and neither are providing different results when he tries to join.

i think the problem you're running into is: you're trying to play a mission that has been created with the addon. you will have to recreate the mission without the addon to make it work with the script. sorry.

Hey soccerboy, Great script!

Only question is can we set up command of artillery to pass to next guy in command in squad if group leader gets killed?

Hey soccerboy, Great script!

Only question is can we set up command of artillery to pass to next guy in command in squad if group leader gets killed?

hello and sorry it took me a few days to realize that you've posted here.

at the moment it doesn't do that but i did see that SLX added some nice radios that i might think about utilizing if i find the time to get into scripting again, but that would make SLX a requirement for the scripts to work.

for now i'm going to have to leave it as it is due to lack of time but feel free to play around with the scripts and add it yourself if you like. also to who ever wants to take over or expand on this, feel free to do so. all i wish for is some sort of credit. if nobody wishes to do anything with this is also ok. i'm sure the talented boys from ACE are going to do something similar 10x better :D (at least i hope so)

i will check back again in a few days if time allows me to.

until then play safe and have fun :)

It's rather simple but by adding the following triggers you can make this (very nice) script usable only by "Actual".

You'll need to name all the the units in the squad. Here I'll use soldier1 (team leader at start), soldier2 and so on.

Put arty_radio = [this] execvm "artillery_ssp\arty_radio.sqf"; only in soldier1 init line and obviously he doesn't need a trigger.

For soldier2 it would look like this :

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6709/trigger07.jpg

And there you go, when soldier1 dies, soldier2 can now use the arty options.

For soldier3, add another trigger with condition soldiers 1 and 2 are dead and replace soldier2 with 3 in On act.

Etc. Far from perfect but it works.

Edited by Danreiv

It's rather simple but by adding the following triggers you can make this (very nice) script usable only by "Actual".

You'll need to name all the the units in the squad. Here I'll use soldier1 (team leader at start), soldier2 and so on.

Put arty_radio = [this] execvm "artillery_ssp\arty_radio.sqf"; only in soldier1 init line and obviously he doesn't need a trigger.

For soldier2 it would look like this :

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6709/trigger07.jpg

And there you go, when soldier1 dies, soldier2 can now use the arty options.

For soldier3, add another trigger with condition soldiers 1 and 2 are dead and replace soldier2 with 3 in On act.

Etc. Far from perfect but it works.

what if you use the standard group placement that comes with the game and as i noticed some of the guys share their ranks. so lets say you placed a normal rifleman squad that has 1 SL and 2 FTLs. ok so now if the SL is soldier1 and the 2 FTLs are soldiers2 and 3 and it so happens that the FTLs share the same rank and soldier3 gets leader of the group. now soldier3 that is the real leader of the group doesn't have his command assets "artillery".

i did find something that i'll look into for you guys tomorrow or so since its getting pretty late here.

formationLeader

i'm a little unsure how i would use that but i think i'll figure something out for you guys to use. if somebody comes up with a solution quicker and/or better by all means post it.