Sign in to follow this  
dpolwarth

Please someone, anyone, tell me how I can end Manhattan ...

I'm sick of it. I hate it. The Manhattan mission is one bug after another, with pointless and unrealistic objectives.

What do I have to do to end it?

I've found a couple of camps. I've destroyed a base camp. I've rescued the woman. I've found the weapons cache.

Come on ... what the Hell more do you want from me?

It's been absolute fucking toture from the moment the mission started, one bug after another.

What will satisfy it? It's fucking purgatory. When does it end?

you can use the cheat to endmission dont know it personally but its there if you search google

Edited by JonieTurnock

you can use the cheat to endmission dont know it personally but its there if you search google

Yeah, I've heard you press the minus button on the keypad then type endmission.

The thing is, I want to complete the mission properly if I can, but I don't know what flags need to be set in order for it to decide the mission is done.

I know that people have said you don't need to complete everything to get to the end of the mission, but I would like to know what missions you do need to complete.

Press SHIFT + NumPad - key during the game, after that, let go off the keys and type: ENDMISSION.

Ha if your bitching now wait until you destroy most of the army with you and your 3 other men to finally get in Star Force 21 get shot down by a SAM and run a long ass way through the map to meet up only to help some damn force when all you want to do is go home.

The next mission after that you command the other forces to take over various towns, that mission has bugs! your men dont move or listen the whole mission, can't get enough support or money...

Question, does anyone know how to make soldiers as a commander from the base and then transfer them to one of the Blue box crews under high commander mode? I can only have them go under my command under my crew but I want them to go with the other Blue box crews that loose there men.

have you found the main satellite camp NE of Manhatten, set in the ruins of a castle/fort?

No Largie I haven't found that camp, but I did drive through there once and nothing was flagged. Looks like I'll have to be going back.

Thanks for the tip.

Well, I am stuck in the beginning of the mission.When I need to report to Cpt. Shaftoe, I find him lying on the floor, dead. Because of this, I can't do anything. Please, help me!

@sgtskywalker : never had that... did you complete the previous mission correctly or did you use some cheats ? do you have the latest patch installed ? Can you revert the mission ?

Well, I am stuck in the beginning of the mission.When I need to report to Cpt. Shaftoe, I find him lying on the floor, dead. Because of this, I can't do anything. Please, help me!

Im sorry, im not being mean but I had to lol at that.

The campaign story really is awesome but I think everyone should probly just wait until its fixed. Its quite unplayable at the moment and it takes away from the fun it could be if everything worked right.

Standby, I bet 1.03 is right around the corner.

I have had this.

You need to restart the mission from the beginning, DO NOT load the autosave from the start as he is dead right from the beginning, the mission needs to start again

@sgtskywalker : never had that... did you complete the previous mission correctly or did you use some cheats ? do you have the latest patch installed ? Can you revert the mission ?

Yes I have completed the previous missions correctly. No, I didn't use any cheat. Yes I have the latest patch ( I have the steam version). Yes I can revert the mission( I didn't save anyway and no autosave was made).

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

I have had this.

You need to restart the mission from the beginning, DO NOT load the autosave from the start as he is dead right from the beginning, the mission needs to start again

Thx Aphotic for your reply. The problem is that it does when I start the mission form the very beginning (revert), I find him dead. No autosave were made and I haven't saved during the mission.

I feel this mission is just a case of how the game designer's ambitions have exceeded the game engine.

There was no need to make this mission so long and drawn out. It could have been broken up easily, or better still shortened, to make it less likely for faults to appear.

The Arma2 game engine is competent, but its not great. A large mission like this is way too complex for it to cope with. Don't hold your breath for it to ever be working bug-free.

dude i feel your pain. I am on the same mission and was told that i have artillery support but its not there anymore in the communications tab... marines have told me to wait to assault the main base until they arrive for support, but they never come. The freaking UAV keeps crashing or doesnt lock on to targets when i want it to. For some reason my helicopter transport is just sitting on the manhatton helipad and i can no longer call for transport... I am supposed to arrest some dude in his house which i know i supposed to bow up but never does so I am just standing outside the guys door waiting for something to trigger. the only god forsaken trigger that works in this game is the one on my gun, THANK GOD FOR THAT... i always have the option of shooting myself in the head over completing this game.

Edited by bobnice

Finished this mission at last. Its nasty. It is oh, so nasty. It is a deeply, deeply unpleasant experience and I will never, never go through the horror of that again. I think if I ever lose my savegames this game is going straight in the bin.

Awful. Shocking. Nasty. Bastard, bastard, bastard.

For sgtskywalker, this is how I fixed it:

Do not revert the mission, because its not "really" the beginning of the mission, instead revert One Week Later, which I believe is considered the beginning of the mission.

Finished this mission at last. Its nasty. It is oh, so nasty. It is a deeply, deeply unpleasant experience and I will never, never go through the horror of that again. I think if I ever lose my savegames this game is going straight in the bin.

Awful. Shocking. Nasty. Bastard, bastard, bastard.

No don't say that, dude.

:232::232: