Sign in to follow this  
Splinterblood

Bad setup or is it just you?

Alright I absolutilly love arma good stuff you guys got Going Congrats on a sequal But Im getting Bad Frames and blochy crud is it my set up? If it is What Should i upgrade first..

Q6600 Quad Core 2.4ghz

Intel Motherboard

1x Nividia Geforce 8400 GS :/

3 Gigs of ram

is it the GPU i gotta upgrade or my CPU?

Plz dont let it be my CPU!

Thanks in advance

Whew awsome What about the 9500 GT? Kinda On limts..Power Supply is Capped at 350 Watts ...mATX...(Damnit!)!

Whew awsome What about the 9500 GT? Kinda On limts..Power Supply is Capped at 350 Watts ...mATX...(Damnit!)!

It's slow. The second number tells that.

dont go with anything from nvidia with 600 in it and ull be fine lol. 7600 8600 9600 << all budget cards to be honest.

9800gt for gaming now minimum I will say for Nvidia

Most 200 series should suffice.

Honestly nothing lower than 8800GT for this game... even on POWERFUL cards and CPU's this game runs very slowly until it gets optimised.

I think you need a new PSU (maybe case too if its matx?) and then get an 8800GT or a 4870 1GB to play at "low" or "normal" settings.

Yapa

So Cant i just get a Normal (ATX) Power Supply and Throw it In this case?

and then get a Fast card like the 270s I Dont really know What kinda PSU is In There matx or Atx

Otherwise Id Have to buy a new case , new mobo , BleH!

Many factors, but if you already have a big case then yes you can put a normal ATX PSU in... also make sure it has room for the card you buy.

Yeah, just buy a new PSU (at least 500w) and buy a new graphics card.

I would suggest spending a decent amount on the PSU if you can afford it as the cheap ones die fast and don't distribute enough power.

Buy a Corsair 620W PSU and maybe a GTX260 or an HD4890 if they will both fit with no issues.

They all have a pretty good price/performance ratio, and should do alright/be pretty balanced with your system.

;1333801']Buy a Corsair 620W PSU and maybe a GTX260 or an HD4890 if they will both fit with no issues.

They all have a pretty good price/performance ratio' date=' and should do alright/be pretty balanced with your system.[/quote']

HD 4890 runs fine with 500w. Infact, 600w is recommended minimum for crossfire, so 620w should only be considered if there is a nice deal on it.:yay:

Yeah, but 620 gives a little overhead for any future upgrades without needing to buy a new PSU. :P

;1333827']Yeah' date=' but 620 gives a little overhead for any future upgrades without needing to buy a new PSU. :P[/quote']

No it doesn't, if you want overhead go for a 800w-1000w. Those 20w-120w are worthless for overhead.

Not if someone is considering only a minor upgrade... major, yeah, maybe 800W+ would be a nice idea, but an extra 120W is sometimes all somebody would need.

If you go Corsair or Antec you're likely to get a 90% rating with pure distribution, meaning that if you put a 620w Corsair against a 800w non-branded, the Corsair would have a higher power rating due to it's distribution. (in most unbranded or low brands the 800w marking means it's maximum potential at a low operating temperature is 800w, but under load you're likely to get 400w-500w)

ok So Last one more last run down..

matx Intel Mobo With q6600 Quad Core

and 3 gigs of ram..

What your all saying is..i can get a Normal ATX power Supply..

and Throw it In this case..ANd THEN get a Awsome GPU

Correct?

ok So Last one more last run down..

matx Intel Mobo With q6600 Quad Core

and 3 gigs of ram..

What your all saying is..i can get a Normal ATX power Supply..

and Throw it In this case..ANd THEN get a Awsome GPU

Correct?

Yeah, you got it right :D .

If the Normal ATX Power Supply doesn't fit in your current case, get a new case.

Its pretty cheap.