Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

SP Missions by SaOk

Are you sure that you didnt shoot any friendlies or civilians? I guess that way, you may loose rank and maybe that number 2 was receiving much score from kills. Still a confusing bug.

I am currently trying to create a sequel mission for Takistan which would be connected with this Zargabad mission as minicampaign. And then maybe adding more and more missions including also Chernarus and other maps. Maybe even adding those earlier missions (Black Forest/Balota Highway) in if I manage to connect them good with cutscenes.

I dont think that i killed any civis or frendlies.

Good to know that u'r working on new missions, looking forward to play them!:)

New (hopefully final) version 1.7 of "Balota Highway" is released with now full voice-acting and other tweaks/fixes/new stuff. See the first post. Also new youtube video is there, which should be working very soon.

Thank you. :)

Hi Saok! This seems to be a great mission, I played it for about 20 minutes now and I really am excited! Also looks very professional.

My mine field truck was damaged and can't move anymore (but it's not destroyed). Is there a way to repair it so I can continue using it?

If not - maybe placing a repair truck at the beginning point would be a good suggestion. Or adding a engeneer to the team who can fix it or something like that.

Will continue playing now... :)

Edited by Undeceived

Hi and thanks :), sure I´ll add the repair truck or engineer to next version, but it will take sometime. I try to include all the final tweaks to it.

Saok,

Your missions are fantastic! Thanks for all the hard work and time dedicated to these. I appreciate it!

Thank you :), this is just a nice hobby. Sometime things come slower and other day I can suddently get much new ideas and create big parts of the mission.

I finished this pearl now. Fantastic mission! Very well done!! Thanks for your work, it was a very nice afternoon!

Just the Russians in the outro disturbed me a little bit. :D

Why do I lose leadership in the final part of the mission?

I have everyone in ideal positions, then lose leadership to "2" and he thens orders ppl in the unarmed truck in the middle of battle :confused:

Thats a very odd bug. Subtee also had that, but I havent had that while playing the end many times. I have no currently idea why that happens, but I will test that part more. At the hill, the truck driver joins player group. I start with testing BIS_fnc_spawnGroup if its giving higher ranks sometimes for the spawned units than player. My other guess is that number 2 have gathered much score from kills and somehow gained 2 or more ranks. :S

These two would suggest the possible rank changes from killings/friendly fire:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setUnitRank

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/rating

Edit: I will add a simple trigger to next version which always sets player back to as leader if the leader have changed to AI.

Edited by SaOk

I have a problem with your Battle of zargabad Mission. The insertion chopper won´t land on the airfield. Instaed of this it flies in stupid circels for a while, then hovers....

I take a look of the problem. Have you any mods active? I can only guess that the chopper spotted an enemy (there shouldnt be any near enought for vanilla game AI to spot) and went to stupid mode. The chopper use a basic transport unload waypoint so its supprising it does thing like that. Have you tryed restarting the mission? Also if you dont use beta version of the game, you could try those too. I remember them changeing AI flying behaviour, but I am not sure if those changes are already in official 1.57.

Well yes I use some Mods. Apparently the chopper flies towards the first Waypoint and completes it, but after that it refuses to land at the airport instead it even flies over the battlezoneand takes bullets. Did you consider doing something like this?

OK tested without Mods and without Beta, still the same....

Edited by Tonci87

That looks great :). I´ll try to make the insertion chopper as scripted event.

You could make a cool extreme low fly through the dry riverbed. That would really be awesome

I still need to learn to fly better, but I got that capture/play system working. I will try to make it look good and also include some other tweaks for next version. Some low flying definitely will be there. :)

Cool thing, looking forward to this

If you aren´t that good at flying, I could do that for you. I can say that I´m a very good chopper pilot

Thanks, I´ll test that. I actually got already the system working, but it takes some time to tweak things to fit in with the ambient radio and chopper deleting. I´ll try to have new version ready in few days or next weekend.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Thanks Tonci87, that your flying looked good. I added it to the mission, fixed the earlier "AI taking lead"-bug and added one engineer for insertion group. The new version 1.6 can be found in first post now. :)

OK I have a Demo Mission for you together with informations how to script those flight paths

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20034601/Capture_Test.Zargabad.7z

Fire it up in the Editor and see if this would work in your Mission

Instuctions how to do this yourself

YES! This is awesome, thanks for the tutorial on youtube.

@SaOk My Squad (Brig2010) would be very interested in having The Battle of Zargabad as a COOP Mission. Did you consider making a Coop Version? We would gladly help you with this Task. Things we already noticed

-Minefield Script surely not MP compatible. Remove Minefield Script, Add more AT Weapons at Hill Fortress

- Too many Soundfiles Most of them are unnecessary and could be removed

- heavy lagging at start of new Task (Units spawning?)