Sign in to follow this  
thedudesam

Anyway to mute the voices?

I want to make a gameplay video, but the whole.

3...get in.........that car.

Makes it sound crap, especially with the fantastic wizzes, cracks and explosions going on around me.

Cant you just turn down voices to zero in the sound menu?

That's radio, unfortunately if my team are in earshot they still speak.

It just breaks the immersion =/

Don't get me wrong, the ACTUALL voice acting is fantastic "Get on that chopper marines" etc, its amazing. But this microsoft sam BS is just plain annoying =/

Don't get me wrong, the ACTUALL voice acting is fantastic

I have to disagree here. It is indeed very cool that they went to the trouble to record all these voices and messages, including in different languages, but the way they string together separate phrases into what is supposed to be a single coherent sentence or statement is just atrocious. In particular if you play the second single-player scenario, "Eye for an Eye", I'd be astonished if anyone can play that and not wince every time one of your guys calls anything out ... it doesn't even sound like the same person saying all the words that it strings together: pitch, volume, background noise all different - total immersion breaker for me. So I too would definitely like to find a way to drop the voice volume sometimes.

Hi

try to put in the init.sqs following code snippet

enableRadio false

that has worked in good old OFP and ArmA I. I'm unsure though if this command also works in ArmA II, since I purchased the game only yesterday and hadn't had the chance to play it yet. I'll gonna test it this evening and let you know. but I'm confident that this code still works in ArmA II. Hope that will help you.

Best regards

nettrucker:D

Edit: How to create an init.sqs file

Open notepad ( or blocknote) write the above mentioned code snippet than save the document under " all files" with the name init.sqs in your relevant user mission folder.

Edited by nettrucker
added content

There is another easy way, just drop down the radio in your equipment :)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6031

Try this latest Arma 2 radio silent (of sorts) mod.

Works good it narrows your spoken wording down to the target ... instead of "1 .. go to .. that . tree ... at .... " etc it simply says "tree". Well basically the ending target of everything is spoken only.

Thanks for the link. I used the ArmA version and was hoping the ArmA2 version would be out soon (since radio comms in A2 are 2x annoying).

I was in a Domination firefight with 8 AI squad members and I was ready to rip my ears off from all the horrid chatter. I just muted voices in the options. But there are some things you want to hear about.