Sign in to follow this  
PSYCHOSIM

Where's the AN-2?

I've noticed that when ArmA2 was in early development, there was a mention of an AN2 aeroplane, however it hasn't surfaced in the release!

Will BI be releasing it later on, as they did by releasing new weapons and vehicles for OFP?

What does everyone else think?

yeah Im wondering that too, was a picture in it somewhere but hey maybe it didnt make the cut?

they might be saving some vehicles for an expansion pack. i wouldn't mind that. the game's got enough content as it is. :)

Well in that case, if an expansion pack did come out, i'd like to see a double barrelled shotgun again, like in OFP.............

For the Guerillas it would really fit well, both as transport and also modified "bomber on the cheap".

they might be saving some vehicles for an expansion pack. i wouldn't mind that. the game's got enough content as it is. :)

Personally im not going to touch the expansion pack unless all these bugs get fixed with the original game and its like 5 dollars, because 30 dollars for Queens Gambit was a scam if i ever saw one. While the stuff was good it was really only worth about 5 or 10 dollars.

Haven't you heard? It's stolen.. ;)

Newspaper_Original_Complete_02_04.jpg

Newspaper_Original_Complete_02_05.jpg

Edited by colossus

How can it fly if the propeller isn't spinning? I think it's photoshopped.

Earl?! You here? :p

Ermm sorry for spam... It didn't make it into the release obviously. Do you have a source for the AN-2?

It didn't make it into the release obviously. Do you have a source for the AN-2?

Yes. I believe it was a conference in Prague in 2007 or 2008. Source: ArmAholic (Tiscali preview)

I'm really not that worry about this whole "missing AN-2" though, just showing you the source.

Edited by colossus

Earl?! You here? :p

Ermm sorry for spam... It didn't make it into the release obviously. Do you have a source for the AN-2?

I've seen it in a pdf file but it wasn't from arma2.com it was from a preview from last year or something :P

Or maybe it was actually one of the first info pdf's form GC 07... :p

Personally im not going to touch the expansion pack unless all these bugs get fixed with the original game and its like 5 dollars, because 30 dollars for Queens Gambit was a scam if i ever saw one. While the stuff was good it was really only worth about 5 or 10 dollars.

Unlike with ArmA1 QG, OFP had several new addons released by BI that were free to all users, hopefully, the same will happen again!

I say bring the good from both patches and expansion packs :)

patches could have 1 of each new content faction, object, sound, musics, missions,

while the mother of all expansion pack can come with a campaign from another perspective like one of the other factions :)

And bring in tons of new civilian and mil content :D

Well, I hope the first thing they release as part of a future patch or something, is error free Sahrani island with Arma1 equipment. A while back they said "don't worry, nothing will get deleted", but the first thing I missed was the MH-6, M113s and Strykers :)

If should be fairly easy to do, considering addon makers have done it already, but I really don't want to realy on addons for mission making.

Yes, all i got from queens gambit was an expensive patch, first time i ever paid for one of em.

Blackdog~ is going to be a sad panda. :o

I'd also love to see BI replace the current spotters weapons with assault rifles with the same kind of camo as the M40 and SVD camo............