Sign in to follow this  
Raza

Stuck in begining of Campaign

Same here as well... Been running around like a chicken without head.

This game starts to bore me; incomplete and bug-infested crap.

I am thinking about getting a refund for this game beta game. Sigh.

Just so BIS has a rough idea of how many could be affected I have the same problem too. Latest patch already applied (1.02.58134) before I even started playing the game for the first time.

Followed Battlemage instructions exactly in sequence, destroying house, hidden tank then moving tank. Those 3 tasks were checked as completed but designate targets task remained active. Game just continued on with no other event happening nor ending.

This is causing much frustration to me as a user and customer.

Having the same troubles in this first mission, seems that various triggers break down at different points and we can't seem to figure out why.

Playing under fully patched version 1.02

A friend and I started out playing in coop mode for the campaign, and after several broken attempts finaly gave up and just played online. We tried many variations of completing objectives in different orders, and even tried playing individualy in normal single player.

The common "breaking" points we encountered were;

-After disembarking from the helicopter, squad freezing and not continuing to reconoiter the village.

-After laser designating and destroying targets in the village, house, camo'd tank etc (in any order, including those given by battlemage)

-After choosing to not spot targets in the village, because it had been a long night

-After proceeding to point liquid, with the entire squad, the squad leader announces the next destination, but no update

The result was the same at all of these, way points not updating and the mission seems to stall. No amount of time waiting, or moving away and returning to the location seems to trigger anything.

Very frustrating.

Strange that so many guys have problems in this mission.

I finished this without end mission cheat two times with 1.01 & 1.02. Every time it worked like it probably was intented.

Though you are right that the tank that's camouflaged in the tent is pretty hard to notice. It's so close to the mountain you are that you don't even realise to look down. It's there. Too close to notice should i say. ;)

Well, since another poster mentioned that destroying the last moving tank would of finished the level if it had worked, I resorted to typing endmission in the console.

I've now made it to the 'Harvest Red' mission with no other bugs encountered yet.

I must say that so far the campaign is amazing. It feels so realistic, given that it is a simulation after all and because of the graphics but it also seems to be like a bit of a role-playing adventure (vast roaming environment with player choices carried by believable scenarios and an effective storyline). I find this game more fun than Call of duty 4 gameplay-wise. More campaign levels like the existing ones in future and I would be satisfied.

I still haven't forgot about that bug on the first level I found to be a major killer on user experience though. That is still unacceptable.

Another issue I don't understand is having an ATI X3870 X2 1GB, Intel Quad Q6600 2.4GHz, Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 4GB RAM and Vista 64-bit I have to set the texture detail and video memory to low. Otherwise gameplay is incredibly slow. I can't even set these options to Normal as the game would still be slow.

Another issue I don't understand is having an ATI X3870 X2 1GB, Intel Quad Q6600 2.4GHz, Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 4GB RAM and Vista 64-bit I have to set the texture detail and video memory to low. Otherwise gameplay is incredibly slow. I can't even set these options to Normal as the game would still be slow.

Interesting!

Me having the same config (X3870 X2, Q6600, 4GB RAM, WD-Raptor HDD) and half of the settings on Hi or Normal), with 75% 'viewdistance' just doing fine... Not that fluid like COD, but playable indeed. Oh, I'm runing it on XP Prof X64! Just for the record! ;)

Interesting!

Me having the same config (X3870 X2, Q6600, 4GB RAM, WD-Raptor HDD) and half of the settings on Hi or Normal), with 75% 'viewdistance' just doing fine... Not that fluid like COD, but playable indeed. Oh, I'm runing it on XP Prof X64! Just for the record! ;)

All the rest of the options are set to their max. It's just the texture detail and video memory options that need to be set at their lowest for a playable framerate.

I'm using a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB HD with the game and bootable OS together on it.

Just can't understand why the extreme slowdown if I up those 2 options.

Might it be:

• Graphics driver even though using latest (Catalyst 9.6 from AMD site). My card is a HIS brand.
  • Framerate improves if game installed on a separate partition/HD
  • The HD cable as it is longer than really needs to be
  • Bottleneck from the motherboard or SATA slot
  • Vista x64 is the culprit

Maybe I should try it on XP x64, :j:

Sorry to go slightly off-topic guys. Probably start a new thread on this issue.

What comes up in your guys tasks list ? I couldve sworn i did something else after blowing up the stuff. I just cant remember what ^^

What comes up in your guys tasks list ? I couldve sworn i did something else after blowing up the stuff. I just cant remember what ^^

No other new tasks appear for me. Last task of destroying the moving tank is checked off and I'm only left with designate targets as the active task.

I had this same problem.

After doing mission many times I noticed that when you blow up the last tank,if any crew member bails out before tank goes boom,then trigger fails to kick in.

I've tried repeating this a few times to make sure and it seems that every time the mission fails to end is because of this.

Going down and shooting the bailed out crew after the tank blows has no effect either.

So if you see a crewman pop out after you call strike on tank you can be pretty sure the end won't trigger.Just go back to the last auto save and try again.

My tip : I aim the laser just to the front of tank as it comes down the road facing me.When the strike comes in it hits front and top turret toasting the crew nicely :yay:

Hope this helps someone.

After doing mission many times I noticed that when you blow up the last tank,if any crew member bails out before tank goes boom,then trigger fails to kick in.

Greatly appreciated, this will help us locate and fix the problem though we couldn't reproduce it.

All the rest of the options are set to their max. It's just the texture detail and video memory options that need to be set at their lowest for a playable framerate.

I'm using a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB HD with the game and bootable OS together on it.

Just can't understand why the extreme slowdown if I up those 2 options.

Might it be:

• Graphics driver even though using latest (Catalyst 9.6 from AMD site). My card is a HIS brand.
  • Framerate improves if game installed on a separate partition/HD
  • The HD cable as it is longer than really needs to be
  • Bottleneck from the motherboard or SATA slot
  • Vista x64 is the culprit

Maybe I should try it on XP x64, :j:

Sorry to go slightly off-topic guys. Probably start a new thread on this issue.

If you have view distance set to 10km, try setting it down to ~4km and turning your texture detail back up.

I had this same problem.

I've tried repeating this a few times to make sure and it seems that every time the mission fails to end is because of this.

Going down and shooting the bailed out crew after the tank blows has no effect either.

So if you see a crewman pop out after you call strike on tank you can be pretty sure the end won't trigger.Just go back to the last auto save and try again.

My tip : I aim the laser just to the front of tank as it comes down the road facing me.When the strike comes in it hits front and top turret toasting the crew nicely :yay:

Hope this helps someone.

Could you be more explicite please ? I'm french and my english is a little poor.

I've never had this bug, and I dont think it is one. Do you guys wait until battlemage finishes giving the targets before destroying it, that might be the problem. You guys think that this is a annoying bug, wait until Manhatten

If you have view distance set to 10km, try setting it down to ~4km and turning your texture detail back up.

My visibility was set at 1600 which was left as that (default) when I first started the game.

I've tried setting visibility down to the lowest (500) and texture detail and video memory to Normal, the gameplay slows to a crawl.

Thanks for your helpful suggestion.

Edited by Albert

Well, I've lost interest on the first campaign mission bug or problem after moving on with console 'endmission'.

I've finished Harvest Red and now on to the next, Razor Two which seems to be even more exciting than the last. The mission scenario feels very realistic and believable.

The Harvest Red cutscenes made the game look like a movie. I'm loving every minute of the game so far and for me way more enjoyable than Call of Duty 4.

If only quality assurance was rigorous in rooting out major game stopping bugs and I didn't have the graphics problem then for me this game would be at the top of my list of favs.

I've been playing PC games for over ten years and even have Beta tested quite a few games. Plus betatested for MS in Seattle for two years and I have never seen a game published while it was not even close to go Gold... Bohemia and all, this is Pathetic! (next game allow me to beta test on one of my top-of-the-line PC's PLEASE!)

Stucked in the first mission and have changed the sequence 3 times after re-starting mission... To no end. No new task, killed everyone, etc!!! So endmission it is!!!

This totally blew it for me as the whole effect of the game is gone!!!

Should call AMEX or Valve and cancel the purchase!

Oh well... Could have been a great game!!! Ala HL1-2, CoD4...

*** Plus where is the console command?*** No ~, nothing on options>control, etc!!!

Edited by Stout
console command question

I've been playing PC games for over ten years and even have Beta tested quite a few games. Plus betatested for MS in Seattle for two years and I have never seen a game published while it was not even close to go Gold... Bohemia and all, this is Pathetic! (next game allow me to beta test on one of my top-of-the-line PC's PLEASE!)

Stucked in the first mission and have changed the sequence 3 times after re-starting mission... To no end. No new task, killed everyone, etc!!! So endmission it is!!!

This totally blew it for me as the whole effect of the game is gone!!!

Should call AMEX or Valve and cancel the purchase!

Oh well... Could have been a great game!!! Ala HL1-2, CoD4...

*** Plus where is the console command?*** No ~, nothing on options>control, etc!!!

To bring up the console, hold down the left 'Shift' key and press 'Numpad Minus' key then type ENDMISSION. No console window appears as one would normally expect, which is a usability issue but type in endmission and it will work. There is no indication on how to bring up the console either as far as I'm aware so I looked online about it.

On the subject of testing I used to develop web apps and did a lot of testing on them for a development agency. It also needed to be done whenever their was a slight code change. Managers would be yelling down our necks if a customer discovered a bug in our apps. QA had to be of the highest standard possible and a requirement to always try and exceed the current level. Whenever customers contacted I hoped it was just a user error that needed education and not an error in our software, lol.

Edited by Albert

Where are the muthathuggin' mass graves?! I can't find that thing...

If I remember correctly they're down a hill northwest of where you get the objective to find them. Listen for the sound of trucks and try putting terrain detail on "very low" to turn off grass and make them easier to spot.

I believe if you are playing in regular difficulty mode, just bring up your map and run the cursor over the marker and it will say "mass graves".....best luck.

BTW: I also could not continue after the last tank was taken out and ran around for 30 minutes and went back saves etc and I didn't start campaign until after patching to v1.03 ..... So appreciate the console fix....thank you Albert...

Edited by Geezar

Ask Valentina or dr. Sova. Save them from Czedaki hands ane they will mark graves on your map. Other way - go to Point Liquid and run through the forrest to the SW, but to the north from Pik Kozlova. If you see 2-3 trucks - it's a mass grave.

I am also stuck trying to find the end trigger after laser targeting and watching the 3 targets destroyed. New install on XPx64 using ArmA II patch 1.03. Apart from the console tip, the only other post here that gives me hope is the moving tank trigger where one poster says that if one of the tank crew exits the vehicle before or during the explosion then the trigger does not kick in. I will go back to a save and try to get the tank as it is moving rather than waiting for it to come to a halt on the road near the destroyed camoflaged tank. Have waited also for the mission to end after timeout, but sat through a whole film whilst waiting and no luck.

-edit-

Checked carefully and no one got out of the moving tank before it was toasted. Still no end mission trigger. Had to use the console to end and move on.

Edited by TheBlueCat

its not a memory problem is it?

i have completed this one first go with no problems at all v1.04 infact i think i had SOW mod on. it cant be the game, i'm sure its not the game or we would all suffer the same thing.