Sign in to follow this  
topeira

Bullet drop. where is it?

Try the weapon of the Spetznaz, the Bizon.

It acts more like an SMG then an assault rifle and the bullet ballistics reflect that.

It is a submachinegun. It fires pistol rounds.

The site was zeroes in at 25 meters hence the fairly large rise. It just gives you a rough idea of the kind of drop we are talking about. Having it zeroed to 300m, would of course give different results.

If you can point me to how you tested this ultimateflashpoint?

This is apparently from a US Army manual, so I imagine they know what they are talking about. ;)

Still finding my feet so was doing some practicing. Heres some bullet drop :bounce3:

ZbMfygrLdRI

That chart looks like total crap to me. I have never had the 5.56 mm rise 10 inches for me in RL at 200 m and then drop 30 inches by 400 m.

Like said, it's because they're zeroed to a range longer than 300m. Zeroing to 300 or 250m will cause a significantly smaller max rise, but of course that will show up again as an additional drop at 400m.

For comparison, M4A1 with 4X ACOG IRL, when zeroed to 250m, will drop 20cm at 300m (and rise to a max of 10cm at 160m). The bullet drops increasingly fast as range increases, in addition to slowing down its forward flight.

when u guys say that an AR is zeroed at 300m does that mean the rifle actually shoots slightly UPWARD so at 300m it will heat dead center?

(i guess IRL. not necessary in the game)

Essentially yes. At ranges less than 300 m aim a bit lower than centre mass (in game and IRL)

The bullet at less than 300m would hit slightly above the aim point on a weapon zeroed at 300m (the distance above aimpoint I recall is negligble, this combined with the fact that 300m is the individual planning range of an assault rifle (600m for a group)). However many weapons sights have sights that can be adjusted to take account of bullet drop, within the weapons design range.

That chart looks like total crap to me. I have never had the 5.56 mm rise 10 inches for me in RL at 200 m and then drop 30 inches by 400 m.

I imagine the chart is relative to the scope zeroed at the distance at the peak of the curve and the curve does not actually represent the path of the bullet.

This chart (for M4) is exactly the path of the curve if you zero to 300m and aim directly at your target. For the M16A2, though, you can see they aimed higher than they should've if they wanted to zero it to 300m (as in, it's zeroed to ~340m), which is why you get such high max offset - the compensation you need for those last 40m is relatively big and thus you hit that much higher at shorter ranges. That's also why you zero to 300m and not more. IDF actually zeroes M16s to 250m since nobody will fire to 300m and even if you will you'll have some offset, but most importantly, the shorter zero range makes the max rise lower at shorter ranges.