Sign in to follow this  
santafee

AT Weapons-Whats wrong!?

Whats wrong with AT Weapons?!

Anybody noticed that u can shoot a LAV or Tank with the !Javelin and at lease sure all other AT weapons and they dont die with one hit!

I tried many things in the editor but many times they just take 0 damage.

Is that a bug or whats the problem?Why sometimes theres the red circle on the target sometimes not.I tried good and bad angels,even from the best it was not possible to killt them...:confused:

Just noticed that it must have to do with the range.if ur far enough its a kill...is that realistic..?i mean is it cause of the speed of the missle?

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

What do you mean "if it's far enough it's a kill"? Do you mean that if you engage at a close range it doesn't kill the target, but if you're further away it does?

If so, it might be that the warhead is on a timer so as to prevent the firer from being killed by the blast if it impacts something at close range. That's just a guess though, as I don't have the game (waiting for the Sprocket release).

how close are we talking here like 10feet close??? if so then of course its not going to explode the projectiles need some distance to arm.

in Arma, the minimum range on the Jav was something like 200m (just like in real life) since its a top-aspect missile and has to gain altitude to go thru the turret...the lightest armored point on a tank

The Javelin in ArmA2 has a profile that would best be described as the "Direct" mode which has a 75m minimum range.

in Arma, the minimum range on the Jav was something like 200m (just like in real life) since its a top-aspect missile and has to gain altitude to go thru the turret...the lightest armored point on a tank

Not really. I killed tanks with one single shot from Javelin at any distance. Though I would recommend a distance of at least 10m or you'd blow up yourself.

All you have to do is aim the tube directly on the tank. At distances slightly higher than 25m you should just aim up a bit higher so the arc would be good enough to hit.

Maybe this was changed in ArmA2 so that might be what he means.

Javelin is a standoff weapon. If you carry one and gets within 50m of an enemy tank I would say you are missing a point in the game...

I don't know about the Javelin but after a childhood spent reading any and all military books I could get my hands on I was disappointed to find even the light AT missiles were sufficient to knockout Main Battle Tanks with only a few hits... I had the 3D models with the different armour thinknesses running through my mind and... it was dissapointing to see the damage model so simplistic... :(

Javelin is a standoff weapon. If you carry one and gets within 50m of an enemy tank I would say you are missing a point in the game...

Depends on what game mode. In Warfare I prefer carrying a javelin since it's 1 shot - 1 sure kill. And tbh I don't give a damn if that weapon isn't meant to be shot at a targets 10m away from you. In ArmA 1 it's possible, so I do it.

Sometimes you find ways to do things that works in the game but would't work irl :D

its called having fun or having luck :)

Shooting the jav at targets close in is by no measure a sure hit. It's difficult and so you may need to practice to find the correct technique. For best results, the longer range the better.

Well, I was talking about myself, so for me it is a sure hit :D

Half of the replies are from people who dont own arma 2 obviously...

You can fire a at weapon at your feet and it will go boom.

But to the OP - the shot needs to hit it in a critical area..to the tracks or turret work best imho, it renders the vehicle useless and the crew bail out. - only the javelin is the one hit killer., M136 and the SMAW just disable the vehicle on one shot, two to destroy it unless you are shooting at the front lol

Just because we speak of "minimum range" doesn't mean that we're clueless about the fact that it will cause damage point blank. That's not the definition of minimum range.