Sign in to follow this  
Red_153D

ArmA 2 Buglist - Content related bugs only

@ Physics

- i seen M1A2 Tank, which was jumping, tipped over and landing on the tower after it was moving over small stones.

Graphical bug. ARMA2 v1.03

I have seen this in smoke as well. Tested without overclocking/addons. Lines showing around impacts and sometimes in smoke as well. In the pictures you see only 1 line, but there is sometimes a lot of lines around the impact. Hopefully you know what this is when you seen my images. Was not in v1.02.

ARMA2_Lines.jpg

-AMD X2 6000+ 3.1GHZ

-NVIDIA 8800GTS 320MB

-CORSAIR 2GB XMS2 DDR2 800MHZ

-Win7RC 32Bit

Alex

Speaking to Ltn. Marny, I was unable to trigger the mission-specific conversation with him. So I went back to Dressler, and clicked to talk with him - whereupon I got the Marny conversation and speech options.

Edited by n0bby
Taken out non BUG related comments

MLRS

"Turning out" in v1.03 will keep you inside but with changed light and outside sounds. So you dont turn out in its correct form.

Nexway downloaded version.

Don't understand why this is not in the list (sorry if I overlooked), it's one of the most annoying bugs in the game, and yes, it is a bug, as several friends of mine have exactly the same problem :

The helicopter and jetsounds etc, actually, all sounds almost, are not controllable via the Audio menu as they should supposed to be.

E.g. I put all sound to 0, and then I click ONLY once on every meter so Radio, sound and music are at it's lowest value (but not 0), as shown in following pic :

http://users.telenet.be/RedruM-X/ARMA2/Sound_vol.JPG

You can see that these settings should put all volumes ridiculously LOW, well, they don't.

The sound is still so loud that I can't hear my friends over ventrilo, which is seriously annoying.

I understand that the effects of a chopper or jet and so on should be louder then for example a footstep (logical), but they just don't scale with what you configure in the audio menu, and that is not normal.

There is nothing wrong with my X-Fi soundcard, nothing wrong with drivers either. All work correctly. It is, a bug.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing, which I have to say I'm not sure it happens all the time, but I've seen it happen in 1.02 and just now also in 1.03, is the following :

You're typing in the chat, and when striking a key which is bound to for example, the compass, then it shows the compass also for a sec while typing the letter K in the chat, or when typing A or E my character starts leaning left and right, but all of this shouldn't be happening, as I'm chatting at that moment, and all those things should not be reacting while in a chat.

As I said, doesn't happen always, but it's there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And the last thing, there seems to be a bit more stutter after 1.03.

The things the patch solves however are much more important then that atm, but still I have the impression that something has changed about the way textures or the like are streamed now, only small difference then before, but still, this somehow creates a stutter now and then. But this is for me personally the lesser of evil atm.

Especially the first bug is driving me nuts ! You expect to play a nice and calm Arma 2 game, and the sounds just make you so DEAF that you want to remove your headset sometimes ... certainly not as it should be.

Edited by RedruM-X
Added stuff

The only bug I've noticed in 1.03 is sometimes the sound cuts out or gets fuzzy.
Fix this please, many people have the same problem.

Hi guys,

I was playing 1.02 for a while and then 1.03 came out. I noticed big improvement with 1.03 on my rig.

After about 3 days of playing with scenarios I decided to give a shot to campaign hoping it will be less buggy then before.

In first mission (night one) everything was going fine until I rescued NPC in the village - from the moment the cut scene / dialogue kicked in my fram rate dropped by 3 times to crawl level.

Restart of game and system did not help. Scenarios which were playing just perfect (same as campaign before the cut scene) now are bearly playable... so disappointed.

It looks like I have to reinstall the game from scratch and forget about the campaign till 1.04.

Maybe you can reproduce the problem on your machines.

BTW. Great game.

Thanks

I am not sure, but i think, that ARMA2 is now, from time to time, "forgetting" to execute some scripting commands. I launched testscript in other script and in 70% that was not executed !

Fix this please, many people have the same problem.

Yes, fix please.

BIS did *something* to f**k up sounds, its horrible. Reinstalling the game as we speak so I can play it again :(

Why the wounded Russian soldiers swears in English???

And yet another error (even a well-known c times Arma1)

Two - "South" (Ю)

arma22009081018023351.th.jpg

The first line should be "North" ©

I am posting this because during a night time mission the Bizon PP-19 SD has muzzle flash with the silencer equipped on the weapon, please make sure this is fixed and that no SD weapons have muzzle flash at night with NVG's equipped, thanks.

Thank you for 1.03. The Game is working much better now!

I noticed that second LOD of SU25 has its gear down always. That's not important, of course, but a little bit strange. ;-)

Also, when wounded, Russian soldiers are complaining in English. That's strange too.

After loading a saved game, if it was a night mission, you could constantly see muzzle flashes on all guns of all vehicles.

And at last I found out that if you put something in the Init field of any Mine object in Editor, it won't work.

Edited by sudden

Deleting the following entry, as it doesn't apply to the current version of the game.

VEHICLES

UH-1Y:

• laser marker casts shadow [IMAGE]

Sorry, slightly off topic, but it is important to me ...

If you encounter any sound related problems, please use this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=77880

This thread is intended only for the problems associated with the technical side, or software problem?

Or any other problems with sound too?

Jinn, why don't you report that directly to Akella? I'm afraid Bohemia don't handle the translation related stuff.

I initially wanted to do well ...

But was not sure ... Since, for example - in the German version of Arma 2, already, the Russian soldiers were originally Russian vote.

So I thought - maybe a Russian text in the game, too, was originally created by the developers... Akella only printed and distributed disks in Russia))

So it is not clear where to write ...

If you can - explain!

Here for example, where to write about "illiterate pronunciation of the votes of Russian soldiers" ?

Yes, and more plus, Akella produces no patches! = (

By topic:

It is difficult to describe the "bug"...

Therefore, give the link to the video...

System of gestures. Head rotation:

http://yfrog.us/5aarma220090812002156422z

http://yfrog.us/5aarma220090811212330752z

HORROR :D

Edited by Planck

Post processing does not stay on very high for me. When I exit the game and reload my PostFX option still says Very High, but when I test it in game, contrary to what the options menu says, I can see it's set to Low. So I have to switch the option from "Very High" to "Low" then back to "Very High" and it works.

None of my config files are read only. At the moment my Arma2.cfg says "postFX=3;" I think that is highest?

Vista64

9800gtx Sli (Happens with any driver)

happened in 1.02 and 1.03, can't remember if it happened in 1.00

Annoyance with the edit map function (named 'edit', below 'parameters') within single missions/my missions/new mission/template.

It is difficult to reach the buttons "back" and "preview" each time the mouse cursor reaches one of the edge of the screen, the map moves...

This thread is intended only for the problems associated with the technical side, or software problem?

Or any other problems with sound too?

Well, if you, for example, notice that some of the sound effects is apparently missing, then you can (in fact - you're strongly encouraged to) report it. But in case of any other problems, such as distorted sound or a total lack thereof, you should familiarize yourself with this thread instead. I hope this clears up the issue.

I will try to update the list tomorrow, as I've collected some new bugs.

To mods: many thanks for cleaning this thread up and changing its title too! Hope it will help to prevent the frequent misuse of it.

- units walking still through fences (player must/can jump over) and through walls, houses, vehicles and other units

- i seen units which are walking on a place - without moving

- ai pathfinding is most times really idiotic

- the "centimerter AI" is only a dream. I can give to soldiers in my group a command to move only 1-2 meters. Units answering "ready" without movement. I see no difference to ARMA1 here

- actionmenu positions can fitted by "addAction" only to 4 positions. Any more action can not be seen

- the performance is no more good enough after updating to 1.03

- units walking still through fences (player must/can jump over) and through walls, houses, vehicles and other units

I get this too, looks very bad and is annoying

A few more bugs ive come accross:

*Train slowly sinks into ground after been blown up.

*When i shoot a heli down and it lands ok without explosing the pilots that get out go all clippy (with smoke around them) and its almost impossible to shoot them with assault rifle.

* tree growing out of rd (will send pics or co-ords later, i'm at work now)

Edited by vasmkd

Haven't read through all the posts, but a couple of things I have observed:

1. Reinforcements brought in by Huey invariably end up being DOA (dead on arrival) with no enemy about.

2. Dead body suspended above wrecked aircraft sometimes in SecOp T.R.A.P.S. missions

3. This one really amuses me. 1 (player) reports enemy sighted yet for the life of me I haven't seen a blessed soul.

4. Crew members in LAV25 report enemy to the left (or right) when the enemy is on the opposite flank.

5. Flying donuts. Actually rubber tyres sent skywards in explosion, seemingly unaware of gravity. (SecOps mission attack base - which one I have no idea as the bases are built randomly). The funny thing is the two tyres I observd flew in perfect formation, even rotating in unison.

6. This is annoying. Having to get out of a vehicle just to confirm that a base is defended or destroyed/prisoner rescued/cache found, SecOp mission has been completed. This doesn't happen all the time, but if you have CAS and artillery attacked a position and then mopped up the remaining enemy with your 25mm on the LAV25, then why should you have to get out of the vehicle just for HQ confirmation.

As I said it doesn't happen all the time.

7. When player is gunner or commander of a vehicle and is required to click on the map for CAS/artillery/transport positions the driver of the vehicle automatically responds by driving to that coordinate, even though he's been ordered to stop.

:) Apart from that I'm having fun.

PATCH 1.03

Mission: Manhatten

BUG: Support helicopter blows up on its pad

I play the mission and use the LAV and in order, I find sentry camp in town north of FOB then I capture the women and deliver her, main base is near the drop off point but wont trigger the reinforcements, then i find smugglers and the go to house for intel on war crimes.

When I call in chopper for FIRST time at this point I get message it crashed. If I drive back to FOB without calling it in the helicopter explodes on landing pad even when I dont cell for it. i have restarted game but used save AFTER finding intel and this still happens. Havent tried calling chopper before finding intel yet.

Thxs

There is a general issue with vehicle continuity which makes driving and fighting in some armour very frustrating. I have not done extensive testing with all vehicles but have noticed the following:

1- Not all vehicles allow you to view the GPS (lower right of screen) whilst you are driving. It can be done in a Hummer and Ural Truck for example, but not in a BTR-90 or LAV-25. In these vehicles you can only view the GPS when turned out and not when turned in. Surely that is not realistic?

2-Not all turret vehicles have in the upper left of the screen the graphics that allow the driver, gunner and commander to see turret angle relative the chassis. For example in the AAVP7A1 and M1A1 you do have this information, however, in the LAV-25 and BTR-90 you do not, which makes the use of them a lot more difficult.

3-Turret Vehicles that do have a turret/chassis orientation display don't have a fuel gauge. For examples see the M1A1, T90 and AAVP7A1.

4-Not all turret vehicles have a HUD compass. The M1A1 has it for all three seats, but the BTR-90 is missing it from the drivers seat and you can not view the handheld compass. The LAV-25 also has the same issue with no driver compass.

AI is unable to navigate on streets. The reason is, that most of the streets are only visually connected (zoom in in editor to see it) . That means that AI cannot find crossings.

I've tested that AI is able to find crossings when the streets are connected correctly.

Units : -USMC/Men/Officer

-USMC/Men(FR)/Marksman

(and maybe others units)

The eyeballs of those units are visible when the player uses freelook left & right. The camera point of view is misplaced.