Sign in to follow this  
oscar19681

One shot one kill?

Ive seen many youtube clips showing snipers needing more than one shot to kill an enemy! So no real one shot one kill sniper tactics or am i missing something?

It generally seems to me that A2 models Body Armor much more significantly than A1 did. It takes more bullets to kill an enemy and it takes more bullets to kill my own guys (wounding happens more frequently it seems).

But assuming a solid head hit, one shot will be enough.

face hit kills directly from what ive seen. Body-ish shot long range might not kill no. Might hit arm, leg, body armor, helmet etc. Dont know how advanced it is, but i know distance/impact power/armor etc plays part.

In the first Arma distance played a big role. After downloading the Truerange mod, so the AI would engage at much further distances, I noticed myself surviving after being shot four or five times. It really made the game much better and I hope the effects of this mod are in Arma II by default.

Bullet speed and calibre also matter. As a bullet slows down over range, its punch decreases. Make sure you select an appropriate calibre for the range you're shooting at.

I'm not an expert on this,

But I would assume that most the the time, people don't instantly die or get instantly incapacitated when they get hit by a bullet.

In the first Arma distance played a big role. After downloading the Truerange mod, so the AI would engage at much further distances, I noticed myself surviving after being shot four or five times. It really made the game much better and I hope the effects of this mod are in Arma II by default.

There was a mode making the AI engage at greater distances? That's insane, ArmA 1 bots already hit you from 1000 meters away without even trying :P

There was a mode making the AI engage at greater distances? That's insane, ArmA 1 bots already hit you from 1000 meters away without even trying :P

That's the general impression, but the truth is they only engaged at 200-400m or something. Snipers engaged further, of course.

Yep AI do get hurt. They cant stand up for example. Wonder if sway is added to injured AI? We got proof they do or dont?

That's the general impression, but the truth is they only engaged at 200-400m or something. Snipers engaged further, of course.

I know from experience that they engage further distances. Test myself, on one particular mission I made myself they shot at me from roughly 800 meters, give or take a few without me firing the first shot. Happend alot to me and my Coop friends.

is there a way to set the sights for a certain distance and do you have to take in account the direction of the wind for example?

is there a way to set the sights for a certain distance and do you have to take in account the direction of the wind for example?

Don't know of wind in arma 2, don't actually have ArmA 2 yet, but if they follow the arma 1 tradition regarding sights, on the M-24 one "dot" is 200 meters, so if you are 200 meters form a target, the first dot down from the middle should be on the target.

On the M-107 1 dot is 400 I think, don't remember.

The same mod added distance dispersion & slower rates of fire IIRC.

Don't know of wind in arma 2, don't actually have ArmA 2 yet, but if they follow the arma 1 tradition regarding sights, on the M-24 one "dot" is 200 meters, so if you are 200 meters form a target, the first dot down from the middle should be on the target.

On the M-107 1 dot is 400 I think, don't remember.

Wind does not affect bullet path, according to my observations.

As you can see, he's taken a hit to the head. It's pretty serious, and he is bleeding badly.

Abs

I just hope that things in the 505 version of ArmA2 are not like in that video (that ABS posted) since there's NO way that the Mi-24 Hind glass could be penetrated by a M-24 round since the Hind has very resistant bulletproof cockpit glass which are more than capable to stop a 7,62mm round (specially at the distance which was fired) and even considerably larger calibers.

The only way for what was shown in the video to be remotedly realistic would be if the sniper was using a M-107 instead of a M-24!

I just hope that things in the 505 version of ArmA2 are not like in that video (that ABS posted) since there's NO way that the Mi-24 Hind glass could be penetrated by a M-24 round since the Hind has very resistant bulletproof cockpit glass which are more than capable to stop a 7,62mm round (specially at the distance which was fired) and even considerably larger calibers.

The only way for what was shown in the video to be remotedly realistic would be if the sniper was using a M-107 instead of a M-24!

All true - unfortunatly all the choppers have glass with the strength of a meatball.

I was looking for some information on the bullet resistence of the bubble canopy glass on the hind. I could only find that the cockpit and rotor mast were resistent to 20mm strikes. I would imagine this refers to the 'bathtub'. I wonder if anyone could provide some links to some information on the bullet resistence of the glass.

actually i think it's too hard to kill them, sometimes up to 5 bullets...

In Arma it seems like either no weapons can penetrate the glass or they all can, (including the pistol). Has this been changed in Arma II?

As you can see, he's taken a hit to the head. It's pretty serious, and he is bleeding badly.

Awww, you guys are never gonna let them forget that one, are you? :p

All true - unfortunatly all the choppers have glass with the strength of a meatball

Will be fixed in ACE2 if nothing else. No worries. It will all be good for us realism nuts. Just a bit more patience. :)

I know from experience that they engage further distances. Test myself, on one particular mission I made myself they shot at me from roughly 800 meters, give or take a few without me firing the first shot. Happend alot to me and my Coop friends.

In ArmA's 06: Seize the Base (coop 20) on veteran, we often advanced from east towards Cayo and would engage OPFOR with snipers at aproxemately 600 meters. We'd usually hit the mounted MG and grenade launchers first, because they were the only ones returning fire at that distance. Enemy infantry would almost half the distance, before they returned fire.

Maybe the frontal flat panel glass is more difficult to shoot through. If I had the game I would try it out and report back.