Sign in to follow this  
charliereddog

Who's going to resist buying on the 19th?

Those of us in the EU are waiting patiently for the non German version on friday. However, thinking about it, how many of us will actually wait until the demo is released before taking the plunge.

I know I'm sorely tempted to buy straight off, but feeling like I was burned a little on ArmA and seeing some of the negative feedback has made me wonder whether I should wait and see just how long the demo takes to come out, and what sort of experience it gives.

(I'm aware that the game will change past the demo, but looking back on ArmA, while it did improve, my enjoyment levels didn't really match the expectations looking at the potential.)

You know that demo comes out today or tomorros right?

I just want the demo to see how it runs on my compooter, if i had a good pc i wouldnt hesitate to buy the game

Can't.....resist.....the..forces....of....BIS ...must....buy..ARMA2...on..the......19th!

For someone like myself being a BIS junky since early 2000 i say only this: Screw the demo i know what i get! ;)

BIS rulez. Ah yeah.

Alex

Not me. My only concern is that it'll be "unplayable" at first, but the news on that front seems pretty positive overall, especially after the first patch.

Sure it's not going to reach its full potential, but I have no doubt it'll be worth the money. It's bound to provide many more hours of entertainment than most games.

I have done extensive research such as reading all possible reviews , spending hours and hours looking through all the youtube stuff about arma2 , i followed the forums here and on armaholic , conclusion ? It looks like this finally it a solid sim that i have been waiting for for so long. its better then just a ofp succesor! Allthough the original arma truly sucked and the campaign was like some childish arcarde game arma 2 seems to be totally an ass kicking adrenaline game with a good story and loads of replayablilaty! Also a demo is coming out very soon but to be honoust its just to test what settings would be best for arma 2. I would have ordered it even if no demo was released. I preordered arma 2 at play.com for 32 euro,s! Thats a bargain! And i was totally in love with the fact the game was moved forwars the 19th of june since it my FREAKIN BIRTHDAY! Thank you !! NOW GIVE ME THE FUCKING DEMO!

If you liked ArmA you'll like ArmA 2. Don't let the negative reports turn you off too much, just don't expect the world when you get in game. I'm still impressed so far. Urban combat is very improved and I can't wait to learn more about the editor and the new game logics. Funny, I never beat OFP or ArmA, I just spend most of my time playing my own scenarios. The campaign in 2 seems more interesting though so I'm going to give it a shot.

I'm not buying anything without a demo.

I know I'm sorely tempted to buy straight off, but feeling like I was burned a little on ArmA and seeing some of the negative feedback has made me wonder whether I should wait and see just how long the demo takes to come out, and what sort of experience it gives.

^ This.

I have been told it probably won't even run well on Low settings on my computer. But I still bought since I would buy it anyway when I get my next computer sometime in the next few years.

I was running ArmA with all settings on high to very high, though I think it defaulted to normal. Anyways I'm running Arma2 on normal and everythings fine. Most intense scenario so far that I've ran had 3 platoons (3 squads on 10 each) vs about 80 russians including 4 small patrols and 4 squads with 3 vehicles for QRF as well a few guns guarding a small town. Ran without any problems. I have some PoS gateway dualcore with 4 gigs ram. My saving grace is the 200 dollar ATI card I shoved up its butt.

My saving grace is the 200 dollar ATI card I shoved up its butt.

What ATI card?

Going to buy it, no questions asked. I know what to expect, and I can handle some birth defects. BIS have the technology to mutate the baby later in life... by patching it. Oh yes... and then I'll use addons. I'll have my own proverbial ArmA2 Frankenstein.

I'll definately buy it but I hope they fixed some bugs, made the campaign playable and optimized it a bit.

I couldn't resist the force of the German version, i slipped up and bought it :/

Had it on preorder for about 4 months now so nah I wont miss buying it.. but still when is the demo due?

I'll be buying it just as soon as I see it, hopefully on the 19th. There are very few no-brainer purchases for me nowadays, but ArmA2 is one.

(I got bit by Oblivion *shudder* so I usually wait for user reviews :))

ArmA II is nothing comparable to ArmA I.

Some engine similarities (which is obvious since ArmA II uses the same basis) but ArmA II is way better.

Regards,

TB

Since I am North American, I will wait for the North American release (hopefully available in store).

But I'm very happy that a demo will be available soon :)

I purcased german version for 45.37 Euro, and i will purcase 505 verison next week. Why. Original DVD is way better made than the one i can burn here. But thats not the only reason. There is many of them. If reasons would be negative i would not post here. Conclusion of all---> If this game would cost 100 Euros, i would buy it.

Heh, I've already had it on pre-order for over a week. Not going to resist buying it. :p