Poll, old school CTI or warfare?

Poll, old school CTI or warfare?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Poll, old school CTI or warfare?

• Old school CTI
    • Warfare
    • Other

Thanks for the write up :)

Agreed +1 really only ever played Warfare!

The other 2 seem like very good alternatives! :cool:

Edited by ck-claw

Nice write up, indeed. I tried Warfare a couple of times just to see what the fuzz was all about. But I never did really get it. It was all about tons of tanks and air superiority, and so little about the man in the boots. But in the end I'm not really into PvP but more coop oriented. So we used Warfare on locked server and had a blast against AI, with ourselves only being infantry naturally. But even then, the game was too hardware oriented and we found ourselves being forced to become tank killers every one of us -- not what we wanted.

With Chernarus being a lot bigger than South Sahrani, and even bigger than the Full Sahrani, I don't think base respawn only is the way to go. Also what I would like to see is restrictions on the amount of hardware somehow. I like the idea of being supported, but not surrounded, by nothing but heavies.

Now we have cti from box first time so future prospect doesnt look that bad . I have done my time in crcti and mf in OFP. Warfare in A1 thought wasnt that much to individual gaming whit limited team play more evo and casual players around with much segregation.

CRCTI seemed to be the most specialized mission out there, the players depot literally stayed same through the years, tanking was the most efficient way to score and win the games unless some team build choppers but the money earning made sure that there never were more than one chopper at time. That kind of mission took team effort to success, every team had to relay to maximum AI groups to keep winning but AI whit all the skill you could give to in OFP still it couldnt touch the players tanks due instant repair whit spport truck. If there is anytime some competive league or ladder to it coming in A2 I am certainly in it.

My favorite aspect about it was the simplicity.

You could only spawn at the HQ, the HQ was the only special item in the beginning, you had to protect it at all costs.

It was like coop for most of the game (your side versus the resistance at the neutral towns) until you started coming into contact with humans which brought it to the next level.

There was only one capture area and that was the one flag smack in the middle of the towns.

You would have like 10 versus 10 with whatever ai you created, so you would have these roving platoons that you knew had a human nearby controlling them.

It was fun picking off the human once you figured out where he was at =P

When you have too many spawn points and capture areas and factories it's not as immersive and intense in my opinion.

Im all about bringing MFcti back but I tried in ArmA but JIP and SQF wasnt my specialty. Ive played some CRCTI in ArmA2 and I did get the old OFP feeling. It was great. I do miss some of the old features from MF such as rep depots and Ammo depots and you could build more than 2 bases.

I also miss the old players that I played with. I dont see anyone really anymore. RN, Kaos, and UN. I played with all of these guys for years in cti and that is what got me hooked on BIS games.

If someone might get MF going then it could pull in more players for CR. Since MF was more for begginers.

I play Warfare since ARMA I release - I think Warfare is what ARMA II about.

We just need to wait WACO(Warface) port to ARMA II :)

Why not just make planes cost enough where only the best players get them in MFCTI.

I remember back in the early versions of MFCTI for ofp, once you or the enemy got planes, it was over. They found your base and if they didn't kill it with their own plane, they told their buddies where it was.

Planes in a cti/warfare game should be an extreme luxury. That being said, if there was some way to incorperate the transport support with the uh-1 seen in the camapign, that would be amazing. Maybe you have to capture 5 towns before it becomes available and then do you get like 3 transports before you have to earn it again.

Domination and co-op are by far my fav types. I love them! Evolution and warfare and CTI are all ok, but they have fps/lag.stability issues that frustrate me.

I prefer MFCTI and Secondly CRCTI.

where is Mike Melvin :/

MFCTI 2.0 MIA

Umm, don't you guys know Mike made Warfare!??

Btw didn't Mike make warefare????

It was even mentioned by the man himself during one of the Sahrani Radio interviews last year sometime before Arma 2 was even close to be released :D

Edited by Commando84

I'm definitely going to have to go with the "both" option. Each has more potential than the other play-styles to promote a more realistic play-style with bigger engagements.

indeed it was but MFCTI 2.0 was so close to being out supposedly for Arma which in end would probally been ported to Arma 2 eventually