Sign in to follow this  
Marccom

I´ll be back - Terminator stuff in ARMA II

It's a good start. It looks like you have all the major structures blocked in. There are some proportion issues, though.

The thing looks a bit tall and 'lanky' compared to its appearance in the movies.

Here is an alright shot showing the thickbness of the tracks and its squatter stance from the first movie:

800px-T1_HK-Tank_satchel_charged.JPG

And here is a model that shows a lot of detail that seems to be a fairly good representation of the machine. Pick and choose what you wish from it.

http://www.uberreview.com/wp-content/uploads/terminator2tank1.jpg

Pure awesome terminator "tank" model, as mentioned above a bit proportions are a bit off like the lenght and stuff.and the head feels to small compared to the movie one.

Hi,

i hope and think ph00nix is also reading in this thread and will think about your suggestions and apart from this it is a first concept sketch.

Guess it will get many changes on its way.

Stretching on some proportions will not be a problem.

Maybe he will tell somthing about his further plans here by himself.

Its the same just like with my t800-model. both only first, very early views.

Stay tuned

hi Max, hi guys, thx for your patience ...

ok, I can do some changes.

Can you explain what you mean with "thickbness of the its squatter stance" ?

You mean that "arms" ?, and the breadth of the tracks ?

I ll do some improvements the next days.

oh, and further plans. I want to make that tank and that HK Flyer. And maybe some more stuff after.

greets

phoenix

Edited by ph00nix

My feeling is that everything should be thicker... like the tracks should be wider, the body should increase in volume, it should be less tall, the 'crotch' should be lower, there should be less negative space in the tracks, the head should be taller, the arms should be less box-like and slightly thicker.

Are you using O2 to model? There are blueprints for these things out there. I don't know how good they are, though.

Hey guys, great idea with Terminator, I think its perfect for Arma 2 since the AI is smart and alot of the funnest games are humans versus AI.

The opening scene in T4 totally reminded me of some joint strikes with me and a bunch of humans attacking AI town in ACE domination it already feels like your fighting terminators.

It would be kool if they could be able to knock down wells and doors and fences, small trees and maybe holes in the walls!

I used to read the comic book series all the time and still have some so let me know if you need any ideas or story lines.

Hicks

I'm still drooling of that Marccom's idea of infilitrator. Where one player plays a terminator disguised as a civilian. All other players have to find and protect John and move him to a safe place or kill terminator... of course I would limit the weapons/ammo, put in cops as independent side (enemy to both). If infilitrator would recieve damage he would slowly "shed his skin" to the skeleton... and he would be able to withstand massive amount of damage and up to 2 RPGs/satchels ;)

:-))

The infiltrator version is not from desk. just like with the Harley Fat Boy its

creation is one of my maintargets.

a little above in this thread i am talking about my plans and "wishes" that Terminators should be able to make body-to-body-attacks. Hitting down walls etc. should be part of those functions. full agreement. Would be nice somthing like this were possible.

Greets

Marc

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

@ph00nix

i guess i know what max power means. we can talk about it in detail internal.

Nevertheless of some constructive critisizing and improvement-suggestions that model stays very good. dont worry.

Greets

Marc

AMAZING model , i cant wait to see it in action

BTW , how would the game control it ?

Would it be a single unit? or would it be handled like a tank with crew inside (i know its unmanned but the game would handle it like that?)

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

BTW im interested in helping out with the special effects , i dont know much about how to edit/mess with them , but im willing to learn

hi,

nice...but track width is a bit to much now, i think *safeplacesearching* :-)

and someting is wrong with the head. it is high in the back and the line is falling lower to the front.

you made the arms now...very nice.

keep an eye on the facecount and manifold mesh, please.

Greets

Marc

Hi,

ph00nix sent me an updated version of his HK Tank now and i just ported it to O2.

show.php?type=image_800&id=09082220865679

I think all is looking good now and proportions are correct.

All i can say is: Nice work.:cool:

Greets

Marc

Well it certainly looks better, but it's not completely correct. The little gripper arms in the middle must be much longer and the crotch must be lower. The cannon assemblies must be lowered below the 'wrist', the cannons must be deeper, and the 'hip' area between the tracks must be raised.

Be careful about using other people's art as reference. It's like the telephone game where every person who copies it distorts what they are trying to represent, just a little bit. Making copies of copies adds the distortion. So, I would steer clear of those 3d models and stuff in the first chunk of the above references. I'm looking at some of those 3d models and noticing some dramatic distortion when compared to other sources.

Be careful about using other people's art as reference. It's like the telephone game where every person who copies it distorts what they are trying to represent, just a little bit. Making copies of copies adds the distortion. So, I would steer clear of those 3d models and stuff in the first chunk of the above references. I'm looking at some of those 3d models and noticing some dramatic distortion when compared to other sources.

As I wrote, use at your own risk. ;)

there´s nor bad meaning, but all kind of thematic can be discussed to its death.

Jimmy meant it good, i guess and ph00nix will find his ways to optimize his model.

Edited by Marccom

There hasn't been any news for a while now... but I trust that you both are working hard on this project. Good luck and I'll surely be slaughtering some resistance fighters as a T-800 once this comes out. :cylon:

Ph00nix is on holidays for a week and i am working on the model to make it adaptable on

soldier-bodies.

I thought this is not so interesstant to make regular news about that ;-)

Edited by Marccom

Hi,

i am sorry but the project is stopped again.

Phoonix seems to have no time at the moment and i have not too.

I will give a hint here when we are working again

Don't worry, we even have no zombies or aliens to scare our squad buddies with ;) skynet can wait a bit =)