I'd like to see something that may be more of a resource than an addon, but .psd templates similar to this for more of the BIS units (USMC, CDF, NAPA, ChDKZ). Barring that, if somebody is willing to show me how that's done, I'd be happy to do it myself :)

thinks andrei i had requested the Iraqi Army and now we have it i doubt its because of me but thanks anyway

One thing miss for arma 2:

The CEX command, I love this addon much useable than the BIS high command.

Anyone have a news about this for arma 2??

Another thing that would be great is having islands that provide more cover rather than being a huge open ground where the average engagement range is 500m and up. IRL it's more like 100m since IRL you can get much more cover from the terrain not being as "smooth" as well as having more rocks and other stuff laying around. Currently on most islands it's impossible to move any closer than 500m from the enemy without running a couple hundred meters in the open and dying (unless the AI really happened to miss a lot).

One island that is an exception to this problem is Klurs (ported from A1), but that island is like 700m for not a very huge play area and most of it does not allow for vehicles due to how steep its mountains are. What it does offer though is terrain that is actually not "smooth" and is more "broken" so you can actually take cover behind terrain elements (not necessarily rocks but also just plain terrain features).

A CDF campaign depicting operation Northwind as detailed in the Arma II manual would be awesome, would give the default campaign a bit more background and what happened before the 27th MEU was deployed...

Why not a "jagged alliance 2" style mod ?

Something like 10 different mercenary, a private army, and a large set of weapons http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Jagged_Alliance_2

Lot of this weapons are already present in various weapon pack, like Vilas P85 ..

The island for a campaign could be Chernarus of course !!

That's actually a great idea!

Hm... (Heading off to the editor...)

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

Any maps based in the philippines or any oriental locations?

I was working on Iwo Jima... then I discovered Beton had found the same old USMC de-classified invasion map, had the same idea, and started on the same island...:p

Neither of us really have the time to take the idea further at the moment, and Beton even recently offered his work-to-date in another thread if anybody wanted to take the project on seriously... I'd be happy to add the source files from my part-built version as well... Iwo ain't that big... it's a fairly attractive project...

I'll have a word with Beton - see if he's given his project away yet - if he hasn't, I'll maybe suggest we offer both projects together as a starter kit - see if someone wants to take it on and make it happen...

*edit*... spoke to Beton - his Iwo Jima project has now been taken over and is ongoing - so something will be released in due course, I'm sure... :)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I've got something simple; IED Objects.

I want household objects that go BOOM when damage=1. I'd also like some 155mm and 105mm artillery shells that do the same. These DO NOT have to be fancy, even a beginner could do these.

They must be able to be attached to something, and the must have low armour, so a mine can set them off.

This is what I need these for:

3OEUWwQCfHM

My current piece of ordnance is a BQM-74, which is huge, and doesn't provide enough boom for it's size.

anyone thought about a ww1 mod? i know it's quite a grusome war to do but it would be quite easy to do considering that there's not much tanks or planes and it's mainly infantry in trenches. just a suggestion though :)

I was working on Iwo Jima... then I discovered Beton had found the same old USMC de-classified invasion map, had the same idea, and started on the same island...:p

Neither of us really have the time to take the idea further at the moment, and Beton even recently offered his work-to-date in another thread if anybody wanted to take the project on seriously... I'd be happy to add the source files from my part-built version as well... Iwo ain't that big... it's a fairly attractive project...

I'll have a word with Beton - see if he's given his project away yet - if he hasn't, I'll maybe suggest we offer both projects together as a starter kit - see if someone wants to take it on and make it happen...

*edit*... spoke to Beton - his Iwo Jima project has now been taken over and is ongoing - so something will be released in due course, I'm sure... :)

B

nice one

The new Pantsir AA system on Kamaz. Also features an Arab version by Man...

Good point for some AA objectives...

Edited by caprera

A radar jammer , to block the bis radar when it's active

same here darkhorse, i automatically assumed it would be removed when u toggle it in the difficulty settings :/

Idea for a new Island..

Anyone remember 'Wake Island' from OpF, (name of the author eludes me now). I felt this map had huge potential for little native villages and huts throughout the dense forest. Lots of hills for machine gun outposts, just a great all round feel.

I ended up adding all these objects and buildings as static for when we'd hit it multi player.

Apparently "anonymous author" Link.

Edited by Grub

Idea for a new Island..

Anyone remember 'Wake Island' from OpF, (name of the author eludes me now). I felt this map had huge potential for little native villages and huts throughout the dense forest. Lots of hills for machine gun outposts, just a great all round feel.

I ended up adding all these objects and buildings as static for when we'd hit it multi player.

Apparently "anonymous author" Link.

Here's the readme file from Wake Island. Damn that was a long time ago. It appears to from be a different version than the one on Filefront but it's the same island. just downloaded the filefront one to confirm.

First thanks for downloading,but you know it's an unofficial addon ,so you use it on your own risk.

Important: Have fun !

---------------------------------------------------

Historical part:

This map should remember for the battle of wake island.

In 1942 japanese and american soldiers fought there.

The japanese Army won the battle.

This island was build by Udie2 for the WW2_Veterans&AIA

You can visit us under: http://aia.tacticalblunder.com/html/index.php

If you have any problems let me know;

e-mail: Udie_2@web.de

Addons you need:

"Sebnampack2" and "Alphanaminseln"

you can dl it here:

http://neverland.homelinux.com/ofp-nam/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1

p.s sebnampack you find at "sebnampack"s and "alphanaminseln" you find under islands

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

I have to make a request for a hand glider, would be great on Panthera and chernarus.

Is there any chance of some one doing an Africian Civlian mod and an Africian Miltia mod?

Is there any chance of some one doing an Africian Civlian mod and an Africian Miltia mod?

go to www.armaholic.com and go to the downloads section there is exactly what you are looking for in there.