Sign in to follow this  
MerlinCH

Trouble with Mission "find Lobotev and Bardak"

Hi Lads

This is my first post - hope you don't mind that I don't remember the correct mission name - I'm sure you will get the point :D

This mission is about finding Lobotev and Bardak. I'm told to go to Captain Dressler first - he has some info's for us... The problem is: Dressler is not there (in the base at the mission marker)...

Did he went to "Deutschland" as suggested by Shaftoe :D or I'm I doing something wrong. Have to say that I go to him by Humvee...

Any idea is very welcome!

Merlin

Sometimes Bardak is hiding in that castle, after you talk to the townspeople, then the farmer, you head up and he surrenders. Sometimes - doing exactly the same thing - he is not there. I actually found a tractor parked there instead of the car. When I caught him the mission wouldn't end. It came to the point where it said I had twenty minutes, but Lopotev had seemingly disappeared from the map and an hour later the mission still hadn't ended. After getting to the castle, NOT finding Bardak, when the call came I had twenty minutes left the mission would end a few seconds later with neither being caught.

Sometimes Bardak is hiding in that castle, after you talk to the townspeople, then the farmer, you head up and he surrenders.

What town/village is this? I've looked everywhere and can't find him at all. Should he show up on my map or anything?

I had to reload this mission from a user-savegame severaltimes due to CTDs iirc and i had the luck (?) that he spawned not far from my HMMVWE running away at the 3rd attempt. Of course i didn´t know that it was Bardak and thought it was just a random scared civilian but when i overtook him dialogue popped up about him surrendering. That savegame was made close after visiting the 3rd camp.

BTW what about those broken lines of dialogue of the CDF intelligence guy after the dressler dialogue? Do those have any impact on the mission? Since choosing those options just ends the dialogue what is the proper way to end the dialogue?

When i found him he was driving around in his car, had to shoot the tires and him on the leg to get it going lol

OK, found the guy - never mind :p

Where did you find Dressler? I've been looking all over the base where he is supposed to be and can't find him.

He's next to the biggest radio tower (black mast). Be sure to get your men out of the humvee if you drove down there. He wouldn't talk to me when they were still in the car.

Has anyone found Lopotev?

Also, where the h... is the uav console?

Edit: NM, its where you start, and use action on soldier standing next to the antenna.

Edited by Rekrul

The whole campaign is a little bugged... throughout the missions so yeah.. get use to a few headaches. Out of all the bugs/performance/game play issues I really thought they would have at least focused on making a great campaign relatively bug free before release..

I only found bardak, when i captured him the mission ended and i couldn't complete any other objectives :-(

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but I was following the lead up the east coast and got up to a klick south of Nichnoye, weird things happened. If I drove on the road, I would be RPGed by unseen forces every time. So I went offroad, and every now and then I would see armed men running towards me. They came up as friendly but look like chedskies (sp?). As soon as I step out of the car *smack* in the head. Even from 500m away. One time I was in the city west of Nichnoye and the ran past the car. As soon as I got - headshot. The others would then get out as well and were untouched.

Anyone been up there? I was thinking of checking the lumber mill but can never get there.

I personnaly found Bardak in the quarry near his hometown after talking to villagers and that napa guy.

There are multiple endings to this mission. And no, Lopotev is a red herring...

After I get the warning that Lobotev is about 20 minutes from the border, the game won't finish. I crashed my UAV and chopper, and I can't find the guy anywhere. The first time I played this through on the original disc, I lost the guy - got the 20 minute warning... and then he fled across the border (in about 20). Now, nothing. The mission won't end.

Hmmm, nevermind. While I was looking for evidence back at a location I had previously visited, Lobotevs' mate - Bardak runs out and I arrest him, finishing the level. Why he wasn't there from the get-go? I'll never know.