Sign in to follow this  
goldkid80

problem gtx295

hi,

there seems to be a problem with the gtx295 if i use 1 gpu or both there is no increase in fps.

in the main menu the fps goes up to 100 and ingame it turns about 25 fps with all settings medium on a resolution 1600 X 1200 and a viewdistance from 3000 meter. game runs pretty smooth with a few framedrops an hour. but is not as fluid like it should be

tried a lot of settings but i don't see much difference in the fps stays about 20 fps even al the settings max out.

-winxp doesn't work

rename to crysis doesn't work

anyone with a few ideas pls

my config

vista ultimate

QX 6850 xtreme cpu

8 gig of ddr 2 muskin

295gtx with latest nvidia driver

powersuply 900 Watt

asus p5ke/premium wifi

soundblaster titanium

BTW great game.

good job BI it :don7:

Edited by goldkid80

If it is possible (I don't know how the GTX295 works, if it's pretty much SLi) but try forcing it to Alternate Frame Rendering 2 in the nvidia control panel.

nope tried it doesn't change anything really weird.

i did a fresh reinstall tried everything again but no change in fps

really annoying to play a game at 25 fps

Edited by goldkid80

See this: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/1770

A lot of people are having the same problem. Try setting all the graphics options as low as they can go and you probably won't see any increase in fps whatsoever. Surely a bug of some sort, because if it's a CPU bottleneck we're looking at some ridiculous system requirements.

Edited by JimmyB

If it is possible (I don't know how the GTX295 works, if it's pretty much SLi) but try forcing it to Alternate Frame Rendering 2 in the nvidia control panel.

The GTX295 has 2 GPU's onboard. So it's not a SLI problem. SLI seems to be working. I have 3 GTX295 in SLI Mode running. FPS drop when you run on just 1 card even when it's no visible in game because the GTX295 holds much power by her own

whats wrong with 25 fps?

Its enough to play games, i played Arma 1 with 15-20 fps and it still went smooth 90% of the time

25 fps= playable

30-35pfs= prefered

anything above 50fps = Epeen stroking

whats wrong with 25 fps?

Its enough to play games, i played Arma 1 with 15-20 fps and it still went smooth 90% of the time

In FPS games i prefer fps well above 40. While 25 may be playable it's a huge diffrence between 25 and let's say 60 fps. 15 fps would give me real pain

The CPU is the real bottleneck:

Create a new map with the editor with only one player and no scripts. For me, the frame rate increased from 20 to 60 with the same graphic settings.

I suspect the scripts. Some scripts are called cyclic.

i don't know if a video card from 500 euro and a proc from 900 euro + ram isn't enoug to turn the game smooth and playable without lag i don't know what kind of a machine Bi uses. I tried everything so far but there is not a single solution so i should just wait for the european release to patch the german version.

Hope those patches will fix the problems.

anyway a nice game but not really playable so i'll return to arma 1 for the moment.

thx anyway for your help guys and BI pls go find and eliminate those bugs:pet11:

So a i7 3,2 GHz is the bottleneck? ^^

Yep! :o Here's hoping the next patch does something about this.

fix worked like a dream for 9800 Gx2, now in a twon on the main map, @ 1900x1200 everything high/very high with 60 AI FPS doesn't do below 25 FPS (jumps between 25 and 40) View distance was set to 2000 in the city tho.

Looking at the sky 215 fps :) tho not much to see,

Standing on the runway in Utes fps are 45-60 looking at the buildings and 60+ looking down the runway, while flying 45+ FPS with a view distance of 5000m.

Thanks for the fix guys it work like a treat.

Southy

Which fix ???

" DrBobcat; I too am using 185.85.

Switching from AFR 1 to AFR 2 gave me about an extra 40 fps when running around on Chernagorsk.

I think the Crysis profile included in the nVidia drivers switches the drivers to AFR2, which is why people are getting massive performance increases. I guess I stumbled upon the cause! "

This fix maybe?

I have the same problems, using 186.08 drivers ATM.

Tried AFR1/AFR2 no difference. WOW very dissapointed at the lack of GTX295 performance, a GTX285 is faster then mine at moment.. SLi ON/OFF made no difference at all in my game so not using SLi.\

I will check 185 and 182 drivers now see if there is a difference :(

so now it's even worser with the released patch 1.1 no increasement in fps so far but now i got huge texture lags and some flashy screens

omg what are you doiing BI ?

and still no solution for it.:mad:

I have the same problems, using 186.08 drivers ATM.

Tried AFR1/AFR2 no difference. WOW very dissapointed at the lack of GTX295 performance, a GTX285 is faster then mine at moment.. SLi ON/OFF made no difference at all in my game so not using SLi.\

I will check 185 and 182 drivers now see if there is a difference :(

game 'is' using sli if you follow the tips in this thread.

my 9800gx2 had massive improvement, like 20-40 fps more

game 'is' using sli if you follow the tips in this thread.

my 9800gx2 had massive improvement, like 20-40 fps more

What TIPS in this thread?

I have tried the AFR 1/2 and no diff still get 25-30 fps on a bleeding edge PC. This trick was insinuated too..

What TIPS in this thread?

I have tried the AFR 1/2 and no diff still get 25-30 fps on a bleeding edge PC. This trick was insinuated too..

Changing to AFR2 gave me around a 2fps increase, however renaming the ArmA2.exe to crysis.exe gave me a massive increase, give that a go if you havent already.

Changing to AFR2 gave me around a 2fps increase, however renaming the ArmA2.exe to crysis.exe gave me a massive increase, give that a go if you havent already.

That would assume you have a crysis.exe setup in your Nvidia game list. It would not affect the SLi working or not?

I have tried all the GPU render modes to no avail, simply my GTX295 is running like one GTX260 at the moment (ie a dog).

Dissapointing having a 4.2ghz i7 w/ 6Gb RAM and GTX295 and can't even achieve 30fps in normal->high. I am sure new driver release/patch will fix this oh well was hoping there was an easy way.

PS> I tried the crysis.exe did nothing (out of despiration).

I get same frames on 186/185 driver set. About to try 182 driver set see if it helps.

It created the profile automatically for me in the profile list as soon as I rename the .exe it appeared there, it appears as crysis.exe with the ArmA2 logo, if your running on Vista/7 might be worth putting the -winxp switch in your shortcut, Im on 7 and havent needed to do that. Have you tried running ArmAMark, also In some of the MP games I noticed I was stuck around 32fps but the game that I was joining had been updated and I was getting a lot more fps, so could also be something to do with the map was made in the editor?

I'll try again with new switches, prob just have to wait for new driver or BIS to fix SLi/CF (looks like everyone is having this problem, I am sure it cant be that hard to get it right, esp since the game is so taxing on GPU you would expect multi GPU support for people who want to play this in all the glory!)

renaming arma2.exe into crysis.exe is best for using SLI in the game at the moment

here an info for all lads using 8GB of RAM in their gaming PC´s with Vista 64/Windows7 RC1 with ArmA2:

the NVIDIA driver version 182.5 does the job ( not sure if working for Windows7 too ) ... some of the later versions might cause you new hassle ( ArmA2 will recognizes only 256MB VRAM )

bruno/raven know shis stuff! (lol) hes right hto, altho i havent tried arma 2 on my rig yet, i have 295gtx an 8gb of ram, and as soon as the 1.8.5 driver went on it screwed up my arma an dother stuff, so reverted back to 1.8.2 and all is fine! also, the crysis exe is working for alot of ppl!