Sign in to follow this  
froggyluv

No Map coords showing on top/bottom

Okay I've asked this on several threads here and different forums with no help .

When playing a mission, there are no coordinate numbers at either the top or bottom of my tactical map. They ARE there when looking at a briefing but this is really cramping my awareness as to where I am and locating objectives acccording to coords. I only play on Vet. so I can't tell where I am half the time.

+1, I'm lost there too!!! ^^ hehe, I wanted to post this earlyer on thursday but forgot until I saw your post... hope the official 1.01 (or whatever version) will fix that.

Veteran... What else? ;)

Hehe, problem solved. Wrong screen ratio :rolleyes:

Edit- Problem not solved. When resetting the screen width to 'Normal' it revealed the map coords but pushed the player's icons too far to the left partially blocking them. The 2 wide settings correct the soldier icons but take away the vertical coordinates again.

Edited by froggyluv

Hehe, problem solved. Wrong screen ratio :rolleyes:

No, I don't have any Y-coordinates on my map either and I'm 100% sure I have the correct aspect ratio. 24" monitor @ 1920 x 1200

make sure when you chnage the ratios and icons sizes you restart your game.

make sure when you chnage the ratios and icons sizes you restart your game.

Yes, I see your right!

I think it's a problem with widescreen monitors.

Confirm on that problem with 1600x1050

I confirm this for 1680x1050, it is JUST visible at 1440x900.

I can confirm this issue as well. I run 1680x1050 16:10 widescreen, which set as default when i started the game and no grid on top/bottom, unless at the pre mission briefing.

so many gamebreaking bugs, especially when you play on veteran mode...horrible! anyway for us, the community, to fix this fast?

Same here 1920x1200 16:10 thought I was going mad at first...

Yep, no top/bottom map coords with 1680x1050 and aspect ratio set to 16:10 (which is correct for that resulution).

As a workaround, if you have the GPS module with you, you can use that one to at least see your own coordinates.