Sign in to follow this  
Blechreiz

ArmA2 crash to desktop

Blechreiz can you post your new Graphic settings?

Viewdistance: 2800

Texturendetails: normal

Videospeicher: hoch

Anisotrop.: normal

landschaft det.:normal

objektdet.: normal

schattendetails: hoch

nachbearbeiteffekte (postp.) = hoch

füllrate: 87%

menügräßte=normal ^^

und widescreen ;)

hey there, everyone...i´m new to BI-Forums so please bare with me;)

i got a little big problem here, after buying and installing ArmA2

on my system with the following specs:

Intel Core2 Duo CPU

E8400 @ 3.00 GHz

3.00 GHz, 3,00GB RAM

MSI ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2 OC

Gigabyte S-Series Motherboard

System: WindowsXP

i wanted to start it up and it did let me...but it didn´t let me into the "menu-screen" at first and crashed back to desktop...so i reinstalled it, updated my g-card driver and got into the first screen after adding -nosplash -maxmem=512 to the properties of the .exe-link on the desktop!

i restarted my system then, and got to where i can adjust the video settings and set everything to normal, cause i thought the problem might be caused by to high settings.....but that doesn´t seem to be the cause, while it keeps crashing back to desktop, even with lower settings....:(

so i don´t know what do check next or to do now?

Plus, when i unpacked the game from it´s carton and installed it, i entered the CD-Key and got told: Wrong CD Key!

the option was to click "OK" or to click on "accept" in the installer window again, and it started to install the actual game, even with the error in the backround!! could that have something to do, with me crashing?

why does it come up anyways...and why can i still install it....?

i really was looking forward to try out my game tonight and now nothing but trouble...:(

if anybody has a suggestion, i would be thankful to hear it!:)

greetings

Rabbit

Not sure it may be related to crashing but to start with you really better enter correctly your CD key during install.

R

Plus' date=' when i unpacked the game from it´s carton and installed it, i entered the CD-Key and got told: Wrong CD Key!

the option was to click "OK" or to click on "accept" in the installer window again, and it started to install the actual game, even with the error in the backround!! [/quote']

well, someone else wrote something about the prints not being very clear...so i might have mistaken a 2 for a Z or vice versa...i´ll give that a shot:)

same here. my A was an R. I entered the code 10 times before I noticed it :D:yay:

Despite it may sound quite crazy, there is one suggestion, you should try to downgrade your nvidia drivers. I assume by latest drivers you mean

GeForce/ION Driver Release 185 WHQL Version: 185.85 Release Date: May 06, 2009

Unfortunately, we couldn't test the game on these drivers on time for the release thoroughly so it was tested on previous drivers only. We have now some reports that these drivers have created major issues under Vista and rollback to previous version 182.50 surprisingly cured it. I am yet awaiting on some intel about these latest drivers and Windows XP but it may be well worth trying.

Doesn't sound crazy at all to me: i have big problems with Arma1 and 185.85 which i don't have with 182.50

Mmh played now servereal times with the editor and the tutorial... sometimes arma just crashes to desktop...with this bug long tutorials are not finishable... I will wait until Patch one before starting the campaign :)

Same here...

Vista 32 Bit with ATI 4870 and latest drivers.

The Game starts an crashes to desktop after 5 sek playing the tutorial.

Tried different Settings... sometimes it crashes ihn the mainmenu when

i stay there long enough. It looks like a mem overrun...

I will try it on my second PC (XP / Geforce 8800 GTS).

Does ARMA 2 use that old "invalid key/possible cracked version" make crazy things happen? was it called Fade in OFP? I'd hope it just roadblocks you at an invalid key. Instead of wondering if a problem is related to reading the code incorrectly.

Regarding the GPU drivers I'd expect NV/ATI have releases on the way.. They seem to be really on the ball recently with getting games supported. Remember were still on the first day/single country release, Although I'm sure for most avid ARMA fans it's been a long day.

Does ARMA 2 use that old "invalid key/possible cracked version" make crazy things happen? was it called Fade in OFP? I'd hope it just roadblocks you at an invalid key. Instead of wondering if a problem is related to reading the code incorrectly.

Regarding the GPU drivers I'd expect NV/ATI have releases on the way.. They seem to be really on the ball recently with getting games supported. Remember were still on the first day/single country release, Although I'm sure for most avid ARMA fans it's been a long day.

yes, fade is there

I installed the game on my XP/Geforce PC an it runs very smooth.

So i don't know if the problem is the ATI Card or the Windws version.

Do you mean it could be a key problem?!

What will happen if i have mistyped my key on my Vista/Ati machine?

I think i have to get a error message ("inv key" or so).

My crash to desktop windows got the usual "ArmA2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"-message

Other games run fine :confused:

4850e @2,75ghz 4gb ddr2 and hd 4850

Please god (auctally the BIS-Team) bring that patch out today :)

GeForce/ION Driver Release 185 WHQL Version: 185.85 Release Date: May 06, 2009

Unfortunately, we couldn't test the game on these drivers on time for the release thoroughly so it was tested on previous drivers only. We have now some reports that these drivers have created major issues under Vista and rollback to previous version 182.50 surprisingly cured it. I am yet awaiting on some intel about these latest drivers and Windows XP but it may be well worth trying.

I've read a few reports of that same problem with 185.85 + Vista SP1 (both 32 & 64), yet I've not had the problem/s w/SP2.

I now installed the SP2 for Vista64bit and tried some lower graphic settings. Now Iam able to play the campaign without any crashes (30+ minutes right now). I have no idea what may have caused the crashes as every other of my games runs fine. Maybe Im able to figure out what was the exact problem in the next days. Thanks for your help maruk and all the others! If a problem occurs again Ill report it here.

Are you able to increase your VD with 185.85 and SP2 now?

I've been using Vista SP2 RC for awhile, yet no problems on 8800gtx nor gtx260 with 185.85.

Looking forward to testing ArmA II in the near future.

Hello guys!

I hooked myself up with ArmA II today and was stunned, until I noticed that the game would randomly crash back to desktop after about 5 minutes of playtime, or even turn to a BSOD.

My Specs:

Windows Vista Ultima 64-Bit

Core 2 Quad Q9550 - 2,83 GHz

4 GB DDR2-1066 Kingston HyperX

Radeon HD4870 1GB DDR5

It would be cool to know if those crashes majorly seem to appear on 64-Bit systems.

i'm gonna try to play around with the gfx settings later, and try that maxmem thingy. i'll report back then

Hi,

i had CTDs too. Mainly when I saved in missions/campaign. Tried alot, but the CTDs stayed.

With the 1.01beta-patch ArmA2 is running stable with impressive perfomance :D

//OT: great job! - this software is a masterpiece. second time i saw a game and think, impressive! (first was OFP ;) )

So I installed the new Beta-patch today. It seemed to help, at least for the random crashes back to Desktop. But the sudden appearances of a violent Blue Screen Of Death still remain.

Damnit.

Anyone else has BSOD ?

I still crash to desktop after patch. Tried rollback to 182.50 drivers but they are no better than the 185.50 performance wise. Same problem with textures loading slow.

BSODs are not caused by software (ArmA2). Its usually a communication problem with hardware so its down to drivers.

Try updating DVD drive firmware.

I get the CTD but it's this one:

ErrorMessage: Out of memory (requested 3964 KB).

Reserved 294912 KB.

Total free 11821 KB

Free blocks 617, Max free size 3798 KB

It doesn't happen in every mission in the campaign, just larger ones like "Manhattan".

I'm playing with everything on highest settings except VD(about 4000). My system is pretty good.

C2E X9650@3.00ghz

4GB Ram

ATi 3870 with most recent drivers(9.5 I think. I rolled it back a few and it still crashed.)

Vista 32bit SP1(soon to upgrade to SP2.)

This is pretty much the same error from ArmA. I still occassionally get this error with A1 beta v1.16 but no where near the frequency in early versions. I'm just figuring this will get fixed in future A2 patches.

I get the same out of memory message too.

With Xp SP3 and Win 7 RC1

Intel I7 940

6GB Ram

GTX 280 SLI

Happened mostly online for me, never had this issue with ARMA1

Yup i have this one too ''Out of Memory'' Error

ErrorMessage: Out of memory (requested 3964 KB).

Reserved 294912 KB.

Total free 11821 KB

Free blocks 617, Max free size 3798 KB (Mine differs slightly , cant remember the numbers excactly)

Q6600

4GB COSAIR RAM

HD4870 IN CROSSFIRE

VISTA 64

ASUS P5Q PRO

Edited by LEEROY_UK

I get this Out of memory error as well. So far i could live with it, but now that i am at the mission "Manhattan", it crashes faaaar to often. System Specs:

Phenom II X4 920 - not OC'ed

Win 7 / 64 RC

8800 GTX 1 GB, latest Drivers

3 GB Ram

I get this Out of memory error as well. So far i could live with it, but now that i am at the mission "Manhattan", it crashes faaaar to often. System Specs:

Win 7 / 64 RC

3 GB Ram

me to, it starts with the "open" missions like manhattan and the one before.

Win 7 / 64 RC

3 GB Ram

Yup Manhattan and the one before.

otsit,

It's not all that bad for me. Just make sure you save the game as often as possible. It seems to happen when I'm driving long distances.