Sign in to follow this  
Rv-jobje

Player vs Player

In Arma1 the pvp sucked.... Any info about it in Arma2. I realy hope i'll work :confused:

Do you mean that there is something wrong with the pvp (missions, game modes) itself or the animations and unit balance?

From everything we've heard and seen, the anims in Arma2 will be much smoother than in ArmA1. It's already visible in some videos that the transition anims from standing to crouch to prone and back are much nicer and faster. No more clunkyness. That and Celery's announced PvP maps should make the PvP experience in Arma2 much more enjoyable.

Hope the mouse smoothing is sorted out a little. We'll see.

The PVP in Arma actually works better than coop (performance), even better than Flashpoint, the netcode and performance is much better and you can have more vehicles and players moving around without all the desync and lag, there just wasnt many good missions and servers and the game was a bit unbalanced..

I hope the large scale adversarial battles will finally kick in with Arma 2.

They who tested ARMA2 reports 100% better controls (even though true ARMA controls still) but much more responsive and not as clunky. Some say CQB'ing is fun now in AA2. Animations smoother as well.

What is bad about PvP besides that in ARMA i have no idea? Mission or gamemode like Celery said? Build your own mission or gamemode! To me PvP in ArmA is good as long as you play it big style. Like more realistic modern warfare style. Not running around in a tight spot trying to hit eachother. But that should be improved now.

Alex

having never played arma yet that video is bad ass... was that arma I or II Sabre?

Edited by wingtip

having never played arma yet that video is bad ass... was that arma I or II Sabre?

I assume you mean the video in Sabres sig. That's ArmA1 with ACE mod.

There's an existing thread about this, please search before posting, it's a rule for a reason.