Sign in to follow this  
Barry1039

Arma 2 like Project Reality?

I'm gonna have to disagree with all of you. The best online game is Co-op Doom2.

Honestly if BIS dropped the ball on the VOIP and didn't implement a system AT LEAST as good as PR's I'm severely disapointed and will probably stick with PR for online play.

The #1 reason PR has such amazing teamplay on PUBS is the comms. There's absolutely nothing like it. The urban warfare in Insurgency mode is fantastic.

Edited by NoxNoctum

Honestly if BIS dropped the ball on the VOIP and didn't implement a system AT LEAST as good as PR's I'm severely disapointed and will probably stick with PR for online play.

The #1 reason PR has such amazing teamplay on PUBS is the comms. There's absolutely nothing like it. The urban warfare in Insurgency mode is fantastic.

LOL! Then the loss would be all yours... Yeah there's nothing like the 'realistic comms' in PRM:

MonkeyFinger: "Dude like totally awesome, like over there somewhere, like I saw them."

TinkerBell: "Dudes like I think I stepped on something, and when like do they like start shooting and stuff?"

Hoak: "Over there? Them? Could you be more specific?"

MonkeyFinger: (turning) "Like Duuuude, like don't be that way, like on my right I think, like tanks and stuff ya know, like severly and totally."

TinkerBell: "Kewl where? Can we drive them?"

(we're now all immediately killed from a tank salvo)

MonkeyFinger: "No Dude like I think they're like, you know the other team, like..."

Oh yes, the PRM comms are "Totally Awesomer and FTW!"... But my absolute favorite is listening to some fifteen year old, who's barely literate, who whon't shut up -- talk about his new girlfriend endlessly, punctuating every other word with 'Dude, Bro, Like, Totally, Awesome, and Mate', and then to my even deeper disgust learn he's in his twenties...

:232:

Edited by Hoak

Doesnt PR have the exact same VOIP system as BF2 itself, which often distorts, muffles or just plain fails to transmit? Unless Arma2 is complete and utter crap in the VOIP department it must be better (I havent gotten around to playing multiplayer yet lol)...

I dont think its that constructive to compare PR and arma2 in a competitive way. We should try to see whats good in PR and see if its possible to get that into arma2. And I dont think its a question of the game itself, its more of making a mission that give us the same as PR.

I dont think its that constructive to compare PR and arma2 in a competitive way.

I agree, and said as much in an earlier post...

We should try to see whats good in PR and see if its possible to get that into arma2. And I dont think its a question of the game itself, its more of making a mission that give us the same as PR.

Yes I think that would be pretty easy, very in fact, but you might have to tolerate, making some of PRM's awkward mechanics more relaistic as they're work arounds for scripting limitations that really don't exist in ArmA II.

I think, the VOIP thing that NoxNoctum is so excited about is the fact that PRM integrates Mumble's positional VOIP, where ArmA has had the positional VOIP and a more realistic implementation before Mumble was even out...

:)

Ladies and gentlemen (mostly gentlemen) I present to you the answer to this entire thread.

Sit down, it'll be a big one.

Somewhat.

biggest issue with project reality is the game engine it based on, BF2 is quite limited to what they can do within the engine.

i think a better game to compare is flash point dragons rising, the pre-beta show was amazing and the games graphics+gameplay really are very good,

another game is americas army 3, which tbh will have the best balistics any game has, as it is made by the army lol..

another game is americas army 3, which tbh will have the best balistics any game has, as it is made by the army lol..

A question to that is what "game" the US military use for training.... ;)

A question to that is what "game" the US military use for training.... ;)

There's no question; even though they've spent millions of U.S. Taxpayers money to make AA and AA3...tadaaaa...

;)

I remember when they released the old version to the public.. I wanted it but couldn't afford the $3000 price tag

ArmA2 have 6 in build separate channels which work perfectly since ArmA1 and how many channels have BF2?

I'm playing PR from its beginning and was participating in first 5 campaigns of PRT so I know exactly how BF2 PR is functioning and when playing it with my friends we using TS because BF2 voip is crap.

Problems with communication are mostly because of individual’s bad hardware or people not using it at all what is shame because good communication is base of good team play.

Next time don’t rush too much with wrong conclusion.

Here we are not comparing ArmA with PR we are talking about do we need something like PR on ArmA engine or not and we are not discussing who is better or comparing PvP with Coop.

Arma is simply best game with coop mod on internet and that’s fact and out of discussion but other fact is that ArmA don’t have good PvP mod and that is what we discussing here.

When we create PR for ArmA then and only then we will comparing PR BF2 with PR ArmA.

For those who don’t read and continuously forcing some opinions without any argument to prow their theory I have to quote myself if you talking about superiority of PRM voip comparing with ArmA voip.

If someone claim this give some facts so I will believe you if your arguments are right.

For now voip in game are based on standard voip technology build in Windows or DirectX and just implement in game. That means that voip in Bf2, PRM, ArmA or Super Mario (if have it at all) are the same. Only difference is how it is implementing in game itself and here the ArmA is absolute winner.

ArmA have 6 separate voip channels and for writing communication to and they are:

Direct channel – Communication with both sides

Side channel – Communication just with your army

Command channel – Communication with command

Group channel – Communication with your unit squad what ever

Vehicle channel – Communication inside vehicle

Direct channel – Communication outside radio

To explain Direct channel this is when character talk to other character like it is directly inside game you can hear where he is exact location if his voice coming from left, right, front or behind far or close and one more if those who talk with you is in your visual you can see how he open and close his mouth like the character really talk with you.

Here is one example of good communication on public server in ArmA1 using in build voip which is more depend on players and how they communicate between itch others than voip build in game.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssd81Dm-yow&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssd81Dm-yow&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Stop diverting discussion in the wrong way or open new tread on this subject you want to talk about here we discussing do we who play or planning to play ArmA2 in the future want PR like mod or not.

Edited by wormeaten

Good post wormeaten, but I don't think a lot of PRM FanBoys are ready for ArmA's level of realism, they're just boning for what they find familiar -- which is their loss...

Good post wormeaten, but I don't think a lot of PRM FanBoys are ready for ArmA's level of realism, they're just boning for what they find familiar -- which is their loss...

Cheers Hoak.

Look Hoak. Nobody force them to like ArmA if they don’t their problem, I don’t care. If they want to stay in “stone age†with their BF2 engine let them be.

Like I say this is for those who playing ArmA2 or planning to play it in the future. I don’t want to talk nothing against PR in fact I’m coming from there in PR’s beginning and even today sometime play it with my friends but ArmA is unique game and love it more.

Right now I want to inform those who like ArmA2 and PvP play there is AAS (Advance and Secure) map out on some servers. It is made by JO AAS role model just like PR was in the beginning but plans for the future are much more than PR is right now. First impressions are very good and lately servers are full (32 players for now) so you can try it on AGW server for regular and on “ATOW Arma2 server DeDi†for expert level.

More information about AAS maps here on official site.

My brainstorming about it all is in my sig (under the server banner ;) )

And you guys should check AAS maps. It's a good start

Cheers Hoak.

Look Hoak. Nobody force them to like ArmA if they don’t their problem, I don’t care. If they want to stay in “stone age†with their BF2 engine let them be.

Like I say this is for those who playing ArmA2 or planning to play it in the future. I don’t want to talk nothing against PR in fact I’m coming from there in PR’s beginning and even today sometime play it with my friends but ArmA is unique game and love it more.

Right now I want to inform those who like ArmA2 and PvP play there is AAS (Advance and Secure) map out on some servers. It is made by JO AAS role model just like PR was in the beginning but plans for the future are much more than PR is right now. First impressions are very good and lately servers are full (32 players for now) so you can try it on AGW server for regular and on “ATOW Arma2 server DeDi†for expert level.

More information about AAS maps here on official site.

I will say this in favor of the PRM Mod and its Developers (not necessarily the Audience some which I think ArmA would be fine without) is that they have made an enormous investment in PRM that is a true labor-of-love and is amazing for how it has managed to work around and transcend many of BF2 ridiculous limitations.

That said I think they'd be wise to get off the DICE boat, and take their talent, art, and ideas to an engine where they will work, and to a ready made Audience that will appreciate them. They'll be able to do more of what they want to do in game design and development, get more recognition for it, and have a lot more opportunity here in all regards -- then piddling in the EA puddle...

The AAS mod looks fantastic wormeaten, will be trying it out soon!

PR2 is already decided goes on new C4 graphic engine. That means they go commercial too. PR2 will be game for itself not mod any more.

But first payable Beta we can expect for at least 2 year if everything goes perfectly well. This is rootles reality and what could happened in that period who knows.

Whisper good luck with your MAAS you should check Devastation AAS2 it was made before for ArmA1 but it have some good solutions you should check it.

Interest shown on servers who is running AAS map from CoolBox-SBS- (name of man who create mod and most of map design) showing that ArmA community is hungry and desperate for proper PvP mod.

I will love that you guys put your heads together and work together. More heads are smarter than just one. You are weaker acting alone didn’t ArmA teach you that everything is in Team work.

Think about it every one of you people like whisper, CoolBox, Dr.Eyeball, Barmy Army and other ATOW guys, IC ArmA guys and other who work on similar stuff but sorry I don’t know your name.

PR developers team is such good example how things should be done.

Cheers guys. ;)

Edited by wormeaten

What do you gusy think of the Point Existence 2 mod? I used to like it a lot, never played PR though.