Sign in to follow this  
mr.g-c

Dirt and Mud effects dynamic on vehicles?

Hi, i read at german forums comment function, that a anonymous guy was claiming that he had informations that cars "leave the place clean and getting more and more dirty the longer you drive"....

Do you think this is true? Can anyone compare some shots and/or videos?

If you wait only long enough you can read a lot of crap in comments, especially at a particular german fansite. ;)

I wouldn't say it's impossible and it surely would be a nice addition but somehow I have my doubts.

Thing is, would it even be realistic to have them start out clean in the first place? I don't imagine much time being spent keeping them clean. And even if they were cleaned, they wouldn't stay clean for long.

maybe hes talking about FP : DR? < made on the DiRT engine

We will see then... not a big deal, but i was especially curious since such a "dynamic rvmat system" could offer great possibilities for the modding community!

It would be a very interesting feature if it actually existed.

4-arma2_vehicles_wheeled_hmmwv_armored.jpg 4-arma2_preview_gamespot_april_2.jpg

arma2usmc29012009_2s.jpg arma2_hummer_s.jpg

Notice that the model already has the texture. Compare with all the other same models in game.

edit: i agree with MadDogX.

Edited by bravo 6
Didn't want to creat a new post just to say that I agree with MadDogX.

Having a model that looks slightly dirty and "used" is more than enough, in my opinion. In a game on the scale of Arma2, the processing power needed to make every vehicle get dirtier over time would be better spent on more important things.

We will see then... not a big deal, but i was especially curious since such a "dynamic rvmat system" could offer great possibilities for the modding community!

Changing textures has nothing to do with changing rvmats. Having textures change over time can already be done with hidden selections, and doesn't imply dynamic rvmats.