Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Was going to get this game and was wondering if I bought some parts for my pc could I run it.

I am going to buy:

AMD athlon II x3 processor,

Gigabyte motherboard,

8800gt geforce graphics card

and 4gb ddr3 ram

Was going to get this game and was wondering if I bought some parts for my pc could I run it.

I am going to buy:

AMD athlon II x3 processor,

Gigabyte motherboard,

8800gt geforce graphics card

and 4gb ddr3 ram

That might be a little tight.

Did you read the answers that we provided above?

The G450 sounds like a cheap alternative (£45) except that I can't find any evidence of it's performance under OA.

Phenom II x6 1045T isn't easy to find so I searched for it's older brother the Phenom II X6 1100T and I found that under OA it only slightly slower than Core i7-920. Sadly the i3-2100 doesn't feature in the OA benchmark.

Do you have any benchs that show that a Phenom II X6 is faster than a i3-2100?

As I've found a bench that shows that in 2 other games (Crysis & Terran Conflict) the opposite is true.

The celeron is the same as other sandy bridges, only at a lower clockspeed, less cache memory, but that has limited impact on games.

As for the i3 vs phenom II x6, the i3 is faster per core but arma 2 multithreads well to 3 cores. I found this outdated arma 2 version test where the i3 is about on par with the phenom II quads.

http://www.behardware.com/articles/816-9/intel-core-i3-2100-lga-1155-sandy-bridge-dual-core.html

I believe multithreading has improved a bit with the patches. The i3 will beat the sixcore when just walking on an empty island but when the shit hits the fan I think the sixcore will be faster. In arma 3 there will be no contest. the sixcore will just win with raw processing power.

of course unless sombody tests all these cpu's we wont know.

Lets play a lil game I would like to call "Guess the price - Price is right edition"

Guess how much this would cost:

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2P AMD 760 Motherboard - Micro ATX, Socket AM3+, AMD 760G Chipset, 1333MHz DDR3, SATA II (3Gb/s), RAID, 7.1-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, USB 2.0

AMD HDT45TWFGRBOX Phenom II X6 1045T Processor - Six Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 3MB L2 Cache, 2.70GHz, Socket AM3, 95W, Fan, Retail

Lite-On IHAS124-04 Internal DVD Writer - DVD+R 24X, DVD-R 24X, DVD+RW 8X, DVD-RW 6X, DVD+R DL 8X, SATA (OEM)

ADATA Premier Series AD3U1333C4G9-SH Desktop Memory Module - 4GB, PC3-10666, DDR3-1333MHz, 240-pin DIMM

ADATA Premier Series AD3U1333C4G9-SH Desktop Memory Module - 4GB, PC3-10666, DDR3-1333MHz, 240-pin DIMM

Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive - 1TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

DiabloTek CPA-0280 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case - ATX, Micro ATX, 450W PSU, 2x Ext 5.25", 1x Ext 3.5", 2x Int 3.5", 2x USB 2.0 Front Ports, Black

And now Intel:

i3

MSI H61M-P20 (G3) Intel H61 Motherboard - MicroATX, Intel H61 (B3) Chipset, 2x DIMM, DDR3 1066/1333, Socket 1155, PCIe 3.0, SATA, USB 2.0, LAN, DVI-D, DirectX 10.1

Intel Core i3-2100 BX80623I32100 Processor - Dual Core, 3MB L3 Smart Cache, 512KB L2 Cache, 3.10 GHz, Socket H2 (LGA1155), 65W, Fan, Retail

LG GH24NS90B 24X SATA DVDRW Drive - 24X, SATA, OEM, Black

Ultra XBlaster Mid-Tower V2 Case - ATX, MicroATX, USB 2.0, Audio, 6x 3.5" Bays, 3x 5.25" Bays, 7x PCI Slots, Includes 450W PSU, Lifetime Warranty with Registration

Western Digital WD10EALX Caviar Blue Hard Drive - 1TB, 3.5", SATA 6Gbps, 7200 RPM, 32MB

Intel® Core i3 2120 3.3 GHz,

LG GH24NS90B 24X SATA DVDRW Drive - 24X, SATA, OEM, Black

4GB DDR3, DVDRW,

15-in-1 Card Reader

And i5

Intel® Second Generation Core™ i5 2320 3.0GHZ Processor

8GB DDR3 Memory

Intel® HD Graphics 2000

DVDRW Drive

Wireless Network Card

15-in-1 Card Reader

Would this pc run it?

Specs:

8gb ddr3 ram 1333MHz

AMD Bulldozer FX 4170 4.2ghz 8mb Cache processor

1GB ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card

Gigabyte M68 Motherboard

1tb Sata Hard Drive

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

The graphic card might be a bit iffy...I would use a 6xxx series myself...but it should be able to run at Medium-low/high settings.

Would this pc run it?

Specs:

8gb ddr3 ram 1333MHz

AMD Bulldozer FX 4170 4.2ghz 8mb Cache processor

1GB ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card

Gigabyte M68 Motherboard

1tb Sata Hard Drive

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Jelly564: the graphics card looks woefully underpowered. Did you look at the suggestions I researched for you?

Well I've got a decision to make...

Right now I have a laptop that contains a i7 720, 4gb ram and a quadro fx 880m. I'm using it mostly for university related stuff and less heavy games like stalker, cities in motion ... I can play arma 2 too, but my laptop is not exactly born for such a heavy weight.

This thread gave me the impression that a pc with an i5 3570k cpu, radeon 7850 hd, 8gb ram and a ssd would be well suited for arma 2. Am I right? My question is rather if buying this right now would make me future proof for arma 3 on reasonably good video settings or if I should rather wait for it and falling hardware prices. The desktop would be quite exclusive for gaming and so I'm not pressed to buy one... And my Euros are at a save place. ;) But I'd love to play a smoother arma 2 right now... (and perhaps some other newer games)

I'd wait until release of A3, i know it's hard when you got the money already. But as you said, prices constantly drop. Nobody can yet say which hardware is really needed for A3. Better wait, you may regret it bitterly.

This thread gave me the impression that a pc with an i5 3570k cpu, radeon 7850 hd, 8gb ram and a ssd would be well suited for arma 2. Am I right? My question is rather if buying this right now would make me future proof for arma 3 on reasonably good video settings or if I should rather wait for it and falling hardware prices. The desktop would be quite exclusive for gaming and so I'm not pressed to buy one... And my Euros are at a save place. ;) But I'd love to play a smoother arma 2 right now... (and perhaps some other newer games)

Well intel isn't going to release a new cpu line anytime soon afaik, and they dont do lower prices. ram is at rockbottom price so no money saved there. Harddisks and gpu's will probably get cheaper but the 7850 is pretty good value.

Hey guys, just found out about this game and want to play it really bad, don't have a ton of money to work with but want to know if this computer will play ARMA 2, and if so how well?

Thanks in advance!

Processor AMD FX-Series

Processor Speed 3.6GHz

Cache Memory 8MB on die Level 3

System Memory (RAM) 8GB

Type of Memory (RAM) DDR3 SDRAM

Hard Drive Type SATA II (7200 rpm)

Hard Drive Size 1TB

Graphics AMD HD 6450

Video Memory 1GB (dedicated)

Jelly564: the graphics card looks woefully underpowered. Did you look at the suggestions I researched for you?

Had a look at the Radeon 7750 and I think I'll go with it as it is not very expensive. Are you totally sure it works fine with the game?

7750 isn't a good card price/performance wise.

If you're on a budget you have to build yourself. I'm a bit of a scrounger myself, get most of my pc parts secondhand.

7750 isn't a good card price/performance wise.

If you're on a budget you have to build yourself. I'm a bit of a scrounger myself, get most of my pc parts secondhand.

I beg to differ. What other card offers half-decent performance in OA at under £100?

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/03/05/amd-radeon-hd-7850-2gb/3

If you insist on scrounging have a look at a Radeon 6850 or GeForce 560 Ti but even on Fleaby you'll have difficulty finding them at less than a £85.

Plus you can easily push (via ATi's in-built overclocking utility, Overdrive) the 7750 to 7770 speeds.

I beg to differ. What other card offers half-decent performance in OA at under £100?

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/03/05/amd-radeon-hd-7850-2gb/3

If you insist on scrounging have a look at a Radeon 6850 or GeForce 560 Ti but even on Fleaby you'll have difficulty finding them at less than a £85.

Plus you can easily push (via ATi's in-built overclocking utility, Overdrive) the 7750 to 7770 speeds.

6770 or something? the 7750 seems to be on par with the 5770 in your list and the 6770 is basically a higher clocked 5770.

where I live the 6770 is about 10,- cheaper. than 7750

anyway, for 100 eu ex shipping you can get a 6850 too

http://www.alternate.nl/html/shop/productDetails.html?artno=jcxxwx

the cheapest 7750 is 94.- where I live, that's why I think it isnt very good price/performance wise.

prices may be different where you live.

secondhand you can get gtx275's for about 50,- eu. if you have a tight budget and just want to run arma2 decently that's the way to go.

Edited by Leon86

[MP only]

With the explosion of DayZ, I'm finding running around in large cities with my graphics maxed out along with the hundreds of scripts and Zombies simultaneously running in the background. I'm curious to know if overclocking my CPU from 2.4ghz to 3.2ghz would be an appropriate move (fan cooled, heatsink: Zalman CNPS9500). I'm also running DDR3 6gb's of Ram and a evga GTX 570 superclocked. I was also thinking this as a sort of future proofing. The Arma3 computer at E3 was running an i7 920 overclocked to 3.2ghz, and it looked like it was running at around 50-60fps.

How much (if at all) would overclocking the CPU help and where would I see its performance gains? I've never overclocked before and it would essentially be just for this game.

I have a Alienware, custom made by myself. I just bought the hardware, and put everything together myself. It looks like your all right CPU speaking.

[MP only]

With the explosion of DayZ, I'm finding running around in large cities with my graphics maxed out along with the hundreds of scripts and Zombies simultaneously running in the background. I'm curious to know if overclocking my CPU from 2.4ghz to 3.2ghz would be an appropriate move (fan cooled, heatsink: Zalman CNPS9500). I'm also running DDR3 6gb's of Ram and a evga GTX 570 superclocked. I was also thinking this as a sort of future proofing. The Arma3 computer at E3 was running an i7 920 overclocked to 3.2ghz, and it looked like it was running at around 50-60fps.

How much (if at all) would overclocking the CPU help and where would I see its performance gains? I've never overclocked before and it would essentially be just for this game.

It would help considerably. A2/OA are generally CPU limited. Installing it to an SSD also helps considertably.

Also try these proven tweaks:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-%28low%29-performance-issues&p=2081466#post2081466

I think I will look into an SSD, perhaps a 60gb version, budget is limited under $60 so I suppose I'll go with OCZ's $55 version on Newegg. I'll read up on learning how to overclock my CPU and will try to get it to 3.2ghz. Thx!

I'm wondering if my setup will run ARMA 2 OA @ 1920x1080 with decent settings:

Gigabyte GA-870A-UD motherboard

AMD Phenom II x4 945 CPU

GTX 460 1GB GPU

Kingston 4 GB HyperX DDR3 1600

yeah you can get that to run decently.

you could try arma 2 free to see for yourself.

Alright so I've played ARMA 2 Free and I want to buy ARMA 2 CO but my graphics card is not up to par for this game, I was wondering if someone could tell me if this graphics card could run this game fairly well and if it can't could you point me towards some graphics cards that could but won't eat my wallet? I'd appreciate it. Everything else on my computer is past recommendations by the way.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Galaxy+-+GeForce+GT+520+1GB+DDR3+PCI+Express+2.0+Graphics+Card/2344226.p?id=1218322060851&skuId=2344226&st=Galaxy%20GeForce%20GT%20520%2052GGS4HX2HXZ%20Video%20Card&cp=1&lp=1