Sign in to follow this  
EcOGunner

Shall I make NewYork State island?

what does everyone think about a island made to look like NewYork State im talking about just newyork and not the whole usa.

just need opinions what everyone thinks about this idea...

if i decided on doing something like this NEW YORK STATE will be have water all around it. because it will just be a island in the game and not apart of the usa

just need to know what you guys really think because if i do this im going to start looking for a team to make police cars and trucks with just the nypd style textures no custom texture nothing like that all real..

and more stuff like that.

Example on what i mean:

new_york_map.gif

new-york-map.jpg

im wanting todo this for all the 9/11 police officers and other personals that lost there lifes aswell of the people who losted there lifes. tell me what you think thanks..

bad grammer sorry

Go for it if you think you're up to it, we haven't seen any urban US terrains yet. Only problem is that you're going to need a lot of custom buildings.

if you go for it someone's already made a good police crown vic. With a new lightbar (the type NYPD uses) and a new paint job (I was going to ask him if I could make some other paint jobs for his cars) they's fit nice.

Go for it. But if I were you I'd go for a smaller area...

Yeah I'd love it but to save yourself time and the headache of that much work you may just want to do the islands of Manhattan, Staten, Roosevelt, Long Island and the accompanying islands in the area. Don't forget Rikers! biggrin_o.gif

If you want more open space you could go as far north as Ostego, Schoharie, Albany and Rensselaer counties and work your way down to the islands.

But if your up to doing the whole state you won't get any complaints from me. thumbs-up.gif

Oh I failed to read your post. Was under the impression you mean New Your City since you said Island...

Heh, the entire state is not gonna happen, way too much work. You'd also have to go with extremely low detail terrain cells and satmap in order to cover such a large area.

im thinking of just the

New York City and Long Island part of new york at first

then go from there

the resson why i want to do this is because i have seen alot of the island not used from the usa its all  about the other island away from usa lol

i have some cars aswell.

the crown vic police cars from Delta Hawk he will not allow anyone to change the textures to another setting because he wants to do it his way

Here are some samples of cars that are being made at this time i want to see if there is anyone out there willing to help out with this mod.

0ee69e7ae00d41e6d8bf02d2d27e380bed71914c.jpg

137b76de31abae38ff07d154ad4e5c4a9f1eb828.jpg

882ca9ee4521c7554f981a309149852e0a08642a.jpg

I'd personally go ahead and start the buildings and then make it for Arma II when it comes out.

one other thing is that the whole state can be made alot small then what you think and still put cities in them

but at this time im just going to work the island in then where the big part of the map starts put a wall up where you can get to at this time

Oh I failed to read your post. Was under the impression you mean New Your City since you said Island...

Heh, the entire state is not gonna happen, way too much work. You'd also have to go with extremely low detail terrain cells and satmap in order to cover such a large area.

That's what I was thinking to. Yeah for now just do the 5 Burroughs.

Don't forget Shaolin(Staten Island) I can already hear it now. Tiger Style, Daaaaa-na-na-na-na-na.

Here's some inspiration for ya. The buildings in the background are good examples of some of the more "scenic" areas. Some great ideas for civilian attire if you do any units later on. They will go great with the Jakes chasing em in their Crown Vics.

A New York and musical classic:

hope to see more modelers and scripters willing to help out with this project. we need all the help we can get thanks again

I suggest you to make first a little island, even with that you got a lot of work. And if it works well thet go to make other parts.

Maybe you can beggin makin manhathan.

Think in the low detail of the map sakakah and how it lows the fps of the game, so a city as newyork i think is impossible.

But well try it if you want,i will be looking for it

Regards from spain and dont loose morale

Better invest your time making another type of island.

Maybe some sort of "National Park" with large woods, wide open fields, huge rocks/mountains, waterfalls, great lakes, long rivers, huge trees, snowy areas and many other interesting places.

Find some inspirations here:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Yellowstone_National_Park

YSNP01.jpg

YSNP02.jpg

Just an idea.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Better invest your time making another type of island.

Maybe some sort of "National Park" with large woods, wide open fields, huge rocks/mountains, waterfalls, great lakes, long rivers, huge trees, snowy areas and many other interesting places.

Find some inspirations here:

[uL=http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Yellowstone_National_Park]http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Yellowstone_National_Park[/url]

wink_o.gif

Damn -thats some beautiful scenery! wow_o.gif

Personally I'd rather see something like a national park or something like that, I figure it would be too hard to represent a major city properly in game but its up to you of course. Either that or I just prefer the great outdoors :P

we are going to try this and we are thinking of make newyork city / longisland first then go from there i know you gave may think its going to take along time its the same with the one other map there making that australia.

i need a group willing to help with models if ur will just pm me.

we are going to try this if it does not work then we will move on to another map

Guys are already making a "miniature" Australia, but its still huge and months of work are needed on that kind of project. Please focus on smaller projects, since the best islands so far are quite small: Barbuda, Dreide(3DE), IC Training Island etc. and not to forget A2 is "just around the corner" wink_o.gif

I usually need for mission making the following:

- small airport or two

- villages and at least one bigger town

- cool areas with mountains/forests and chokepoints for roads leading realistically to every settlement

- bunch of farms

And we're happy with it smile_o.gif

we have the island already made guys we are not changing our minds about this intill we try it out please stop asking us to make it smaller. im not doing it for you guys we are doing it for 9/11 heroes and the people who lost there lifes. sorry you may think this is hard for us to make and all but we are not going to quit intill we know we cant do it.

the main resson i want to do this is because i lost family in 9/11 maybe some of you guys lost friends or families members on this day please help me and my guys do something for the 911 heroes and friends and families

Give the city a go EcOGunner and take your time. As long as you make it compatible with Arma2 it will make a welcome change.

My only concern is watching the FPS drop in a city but I'm sure you can sort that with tweaking!

[TAO] Kremator

well i say go for it but id like to see some one do the RAF low level training area's in Wales wink_o.gif or the Republic of Ireland