Sign in to follow this  
piXel

[co24] JointCooperations v1.2

Current Version 1.3

jointcooperationsV12.jpg

This is a multiplayer coopCampaign for 1-24 players. (OPFOR is balanced by player count)

Your mission is to recapture OPFOR occupied territory and OPFOR will use scripted flanking and evasive manouvres (UPS-script). There are 21 possible occupied territories. Finish 2-8 random selected objectives to succesfully end this game. To make every game unique all missions important variables are randomized. ARMA v1.14, no addons required.

How to get points

+10 Finish a mission and take part in the dangerZone

+1 kill OPFOR soldier

+5 Destroy OPFOR equipment

+5 Heal other players

+x Fly a player to the current objective 1p.p.

+2 A deathpremium for dying in the dangerZone

+5 Send an alive AI_recruit away

+5 Make a basejump longer then 10 sec.

How to use points

-5 Parajump direct into the action (Flagpole BASE)

-10 Call in a HMMV_M2 (Radio)

-10 Call in a weaponcrate (Radio)

-5 Repair a vehicle (Actionmenu)

-15 Rearm a vehicle (Actionmenu)

-x Buy a car -1p., tank -20p. or airplane -30p. (Flagpoles)

-10 Recruit a rifleman (Radio)

Tips and information

0 Destroy the OPFOR HQ_radio to end enemy respawn

1 Find your team on the map with the radio "Show players" (if medic needed shows redCross)

2 Find the current objective on the map with the word "HERE" on the notepad or ask radio "Current mission"

3 You can get a parachute for a basejump at the Sahrani map where you spawn

4 You can only heal a player ones in 2 minutes

5 The dangerZone is the redcircle at the current objective

6 On the map red dots popup at the current objective where infantery is spotted

7 green crossshaped marks on the map bring you back to the BASE (flagpoles)

8 You can only repair and rearm our own vehicles

9 For fun some hardware is hidden on the island

10 All BASE vehicles will respawn if no Player or AI-recruit is within 500 meters of a vehicle. So get an AI- soldier to guard your chopper if you want to keep it.

Download JointCooperations v1.3

I studied, used and adjusted many scripts from the ArmA community. four of them are more or less close to the original. Those are:

UPS script / Kronzky

Mando hitching / Mandoble

removebody script / -eutf- Myke

Dropit script / Kronzky

JoointCooperations webPage

cheers,

Not a bad mission......We at OGN played it for 5 hours and found that we were using fuel up pretty fast......

few Points

The airport needs a reload and refuel.....

Needs enemy air support and tanks

and the Missions of clearing a town might need also to be looked at....at one stage we spend over a hour after killing everything out couldn't get a clear town signal...which basically could not continue in the game....we had to reset the game and start again..

And Last need joint teams...... We found the mission works better when work as a Team which as you know not easy on a Public server......other than that a great Mission...looking forward of playing it again late tonight  notworthy.gif

Also there is a major bug....mission can collaps... we found this everytime we play the mission....especially getting to the end

Sorry for the late reply I was on holiday. smile_o.gif The following things will change in v1.3 and uploaded tomorrow.

change log v1.3:

- Added lift tanks with UH60

- repair and refuel "actionmenu" added to created airplanes

- when you repair/rearm a vehicle it's also refueled

- default objectives count changed from 6 into 4 (can be changed at start of game)

- respawntime base choppers changed (so they can be repaired before respawn)

- changed distance heal other players

- performance tweak by reducing OPFOR when with more then 8 players

@ [APS]DarkPhantom

thanks for your comments.

Every mission already has tanks random from 1-4

Every mission already has air support. Change is 50% KA50 or 50% SU34

In every mission there is 75% change of MI27 with paratroop support and enemy squads will respawn if Radiotower is not destroyed.

The airport needs a reload and refuel.....

you can repair reload and refuel in v1.3 (tomorrow)

and the Missions of clearing a town might need also to be looked at...

Probably due to a base attack where enemy soldiers where not all dead and roaming the BASE island?

And Last need joint teams...

This is a nice idea i keep it in mind

Also there is a major bug...game collaps

Never heard this from anyone? With how many where you playing or do you use addons on the server?

Cheers,

Also there is a major bug...game collaps

Never heard this from anyone? With how many where you playing or do you use addons on the server?

Haven't worked it out as yet....and no we are using only what you have put out..... the problem is that when we get close to the end of a mission...depending on what we selected  EG 6, 8 etc for towns missions we never get to the end....as for numbers we end up with around 20+ ppl playing...... Its like the server is struggling to get to the end...like a script loop or something thats taking the server in a spin and using all its resources..... anyway we will test your 1.3 version and see if there has been any changes...in that area....lets hope notworthy.gif ...

Thanks again for the help  wink_o.gif

Pixel, thanks for the great mission.

I found a couple of things while playing it.

I would get a bug whereby I went to recruit (spawn) an AI player and I would get erroneous messages like:

1. "You need to be a Sargeant to recruit AI and you are only a Sargeant."

OR

2. "You need to be a Sargeant to recruit AI and you are only a Colonel."

I understand it when I was unable to spawn AI mates when I was only a Corporal but I think the above messages indicate a bug. When I got message 1 above, I was indeed a Sargeant but I could not spawn AI mates.

Something else...the one time I was able to recruit an AI mate, I spawned him at the base. When I was at the "mission zone", I tried to get him to parachute to me by hitting F2 and then selecting paradrop. Instead of him parachuting down, I was the one parachuting!

So far that's what I've found. I think your mission could prove a great alternative for me to Evo, Domination, Sabotage and the other "super-missions" I play.

The only thing I might find to make me not play it is that I may end up having to lone-wolf it too much of the time. I think I'd prefer some system whereby AI recruits are limited in number or limited to a certain number per time period or limit it to two recruits when you're a Corporal and 5 when you're a Sargeant and 8-9 as a Colonel and no recruits as a Private.

The time it took me to get to be a Sargeant was not that fun as I kept getting my butt handed to me because I was alone. Even if I had just 2 AI mates at my side it would have been more enjoyable. But I understand that this involves a fairly major design decision. I just wanted to give you my feedback as someone who played the mission alone.

@DesertJedi

The message: "You must be =SERGEANT= and you are =SERGEANT=" can indeed occur when you recruit an AI-soldier and are Sergeant at respawn but spend your points to less then 20. I changed this, good find.

Although it is an coopMP map I will put "max. 4 AI-recruits when there are less players then 3" on my todo list.

Thanks.

... still working on v1.3

ready

- Added lift tanks with UH60

- Repair and rearm "actionmenu" added to created airplanes

- When you repair/rearm a vehicle it's also refueled

- Default objectives count changed from 6 into 4 (can be changed at start of game)

- Respawntime base choppers changed (so they can be repaired before respawn)

- Changed distance heal other players

- extra termination points added to end loops in UPSrespawn and vehiclerespawn scripts

- Performance tweak by reducing OPFOR when with more then 8 players

- rewrote missionsuccess trigger

todo

- join squad function in "actionmenu"?

- max. 4 AI-recruits when there are less players then 3?

@IceBreakr

Since JointCoop v1.3. Because I prefere to use no addons (no chinook). The playability you gain with transporting an armored vehicle is greater then the loss of reality by using the UH60 for this purpose.

Quote[/b] ]The message: "You must be =SERGEANT= and you are =SERGEANT=" can indeed occur when you recruit an AI-soldier and are Sergeant at respawn but spend your points to less then 20.

Thanks for the explanation. How can you tell how many points you have? I have not been able to figure that out in anyone's mission - not just yours.

Quote[/b] ]Although it is an coopMP map I will put "max. 4 AI-recruits when there are less players then 3" on my todo list.

Thanks!

Quote[/b] ]Because I prefere to use no addons (no chinook). The playability you gain with transporting an armored vehicle is greater then the loss of reality by using the UH60 for this purpose.

At first, I had the same thought as IceBreaker but yeah, I like the fact that you're not using addons - a lot.

@DesertJedi

How can you tell how many points you have?

Default by pressing key "i".

Uploaded and the following added or changed in Version 1.3

- Added lift armored vehicles with UH60

- Repair and rearm "actionmenu" added to created airplanes

- When you repair/rearm a vehicle it's also refueled

- You can recruit 4 AI-soldiers when there are less then 3 players

- AI-recruits can be healed (You only get points for healing human players)

- Default objectives count changed from 6 into 4 (can be changed at start of game)

- Respawntime base choppers changed (so they can be repaired before respawn)

- Changed distance heal other players

- extra termination points added to end loops in UPSrespawn and vehiclerespawn scripts

- Performance tweak by reducing OPFOR when with more then 8 players

- rewrote missionSuccess trigger

- changed some messages

See first post or:

Download JointCooperations v1.3

Cheers,

Pixel,

This is a great mission. Would it be possible to script in Norrin's revive scripts as I think this would make the mission even more amazing !!!

What is needed is that when a unit dies they remain there until revived by other members and/OR their AI.

By the way I'm using ACE MOD with your stuff and it brings it ALIVE! Perhaps a special ACE version ?

Really enjoying it so far. Keep up the good work mate!

[TAO] Kremator

Every mission already has tanks random from 1-4

I just finished the mission (using ACE) with only 2 objectives and I saw no armor defending Arcadia but they were 3 in Somato.

With ACE, bleeding to death is accounted as a suicide ! smile_o.gif

Anyway, really nice mission.

thanks pixel for a great map. how was the new years ? you stayed up coding too huh ?. lol

great map look forward to testing it tonight.

Cheers./

Your_mum

@Kremator

Quote[/b] ]Would it be possible to script in Norrin's revive scripts

Technically this is possible. But I found this script to large to implement in my existing scripts. It is almost 1,5 mb? and I try (authistically) to keep all my scripts and whole mission as small as possible. As an example the whole JointCooperation.pbo file is below the 300Kb and this is inclusive the Mandoble airlift script.

@1212PDMCDMPPM

I am very interested in the ACE addon.

Thx

@your_mum

Best wishes for 2009!  

Thx

Technically this is possible. But I found this script to large to implement in my existing scripts. It is almost 1,5 mb? and I try (authistically) to keep all my scripts and whole mission as small as possible. As an example the whole JointCooperation.pbo file is below the 300Kb and this is inclusive the Mandoble airlift script.

There's absolutely no reason to limit the size of a mission file, specially not with the upcoming ArmA 1.15 (or whatever the version after 1.15beta gets called) release.

Xeno

@_Xeno_

Quote[/b] ]There's absolutely no reason to limit the size of a mission file

Maybe you are right, but I was intrigued by the UPS script and enjoyed it a lot to merge it with intro, outro, random missions, random OPFOR skills, random OPFOR count, lift vehicles, custom sound, score system, scripts to: heal , recruit, repair, rearm, parajump, create vehicles, neg. score penalty, pilotscore, teamkill correction, respawn vehicles, and make it into a logical simple (re)playable experience with text, markers and triggers and still keep the filesize to a 254Kb.

I even reduced the great Mandoble hitchScript from 110Kb to 25Kb. So to be exact 1.5mb for this one function will be a serious compromise to filesize.

But besides elegance, server filesize uploadtime of the hosting computer and making my map uncompromised according personal preference. I have to admit it could be driven by a slight authistic deviation.

wink_o.gif

addendum:

Within the 254Kb there is even room for respawn of UPS scripted OPFOR a OPFOR radiotower stronghold, you can call UH60 support for ammo and a HMMV, you can buy vehicles with your your scored points, find marked players that need a medic on the map and you get a death premium for dying in the dangerZone. Have a custom build base and ofcource redundant item removal.

I forgot to ask one question: What will the upcomming patch 1.15 do related to filesize?

Thx again for this mission piXel !

Could it be possible to by Apache on the airfield ?

You should also add the blue "vehicules" on the map there because it's missing.

Another question: the fog "level" is handled in the mission or somewhere else in the ArmA config ? It's a pain to fly the A10 with the high level of fog I had, even with a VD of 10 km.

@pixel.

I applaud your small file size, it fits on a floppy! i only know this as i copied onto onto for a guy yesterday as i am out of CD's/

everything is working well so far. and its fun to play. did you want me to email you the ACE version i made ? i was going to convert your 1.3 to ACE but got sidetracked with xeno's 3.15 code smile_o.gif

both of you will get me divorced, thats for sure...

why didnt anyone say this sh#t is addictive ?

regards./

Quote[/b] ]why didnt anyone say this sh#t is addictive ?

Um, we all just kinda assume that. tounge2.gif

Has anyone been able to ACE this up yet smile_o.gif