Sign in to follow this  
m@ster

GTA 4 / PC

GTA4 is awesome biggrin_o.gif

Anyone here made videos with the video editor? I've got a bunch of replays recorded but haven't done anything with them, they aren't anything special though.

I played GTA4 when it came out on consoles. It's a good, solid game, but the hype is way over the top. Too much driving around to get to the start of a mission - and if you die during a fight you have to drive all the way again. After some time that started to annoy me quite a bit. The story is quite good, tho.

I´ll wait before i buy it, month if not years and wait what can be done with modding to the game.

Atm i don`t even have to rig to run the game, but play GTA San Andreas from time to time. Heavily modded of course like nearly all games i play.

These days you can see many players broadcasting their sessions on GTA IV on Xfire live video. You may need a plugin to install on your browser (MS IE or Firefox) to see them.

Has anyone ran into the problems that have lead to Steam offering to refund people who bought the game?

Any of you guys that have it running into any major bugs or slowdown? I want to grab a copy but when the fanboi kiddies over at Gamespot give a score of 1's and 2's it really concerns me.

I wanted to buy GTA IV, but all I read about it is how bad it runs, how bugged it is, textures disappearing, game not even starting or freezing...

With the hundred million euros of budget and a year after the console version, it seems unplayable for a large fraction of the consumers.

It seems that Arma 1.00 wasn't that bad afterall...

Anyone here is able to play smoothly with it ? what's your rig ? I'm so tempted, but at the same time, I'd be so frustrated if it doesn't work...

I should have received my pre-order by now icon_rolleyes.gif .

It seems like the port turned out real bad in graphics, performance and stability so im prepared for the worse.

I also thought 32 player MP was going to be fun but there are no dedicated servers or so it seems.

If it arrives tomorrow i'll let you guys know my impressions confused_o.gif .

Hows the online? I still don't know whether to buy this game or not

Seems decent. Not hugely populated at the moment but it shouldn't be hard to find a good game. The singleplayer alone is worth it IMO, that's why I haven't played online much yet wink_o.gif

Some people are having performance issues, and then there are others with the same specs running the game great confused_o.gif

There are new Nvidia drivers especially for GTA4 here that seem to solve a lot of problems, even making it possible for me to play on my PC.

I'm running the game on an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800, Geforce 7800GT 256MB, which is below the minimum requirements for the game. It runs ok at 1024x768 though.

There is a patch coming up, however Microsoft has to certify it (Games for Windows Live crap) so we all have to wait for them.

If you have a high spec PC then I doubt you're going to be bothered much by performance problems.

Quote[/b] ]Any of you guys that have it running into any major bugs or slowdown? I want to grab a copy but when the fanboi kiddies over at Gamespot give a score of 1's and 2's it really concerns me.

If you read the forums it's just a bunch of people who can't get the game running properly who are trying their best to ruin it's image as much as they can.

I've got it running on my system (Athlon 64 X2 4400+, 2GB RAM, GeForce 7900GT) and it performs acceptably. You just have to fiddle with the drivers for your graphics card, and it's not that difficult to do so. Fun, and that city is huge.

If you read the forums it's just a bunch of people who can't get the game running properly who are trying their best to ruin it's image as much as they can.

Not one to be picky, but this game crashes every 10 minutes or so for me, and I am by far not the only person having issues with this game. To be honest what do they expect if the game issued has so many issues with it.

They skipped doing the PC port properly, just so that they could reach the Christmas sale. What a shame. Ive always liked Rockstar so I really didn't expect a move like this from them.

For those of you complaining about the game , the game favours quad cores and is more cpu intensive than gpu intensive. Don't even think about maxing out GTA IV unless you have a Core i7 with 6GB Triple Channel (Corsair , OCZ , G.Skill etc...) and SLI/Crossfire (top-of-the-line models).

It's actually gonna be quite an enjoyable game for me when I build my core i7 965 system within a few days.

It seems incredibly alienating to expect everyone to have i7 chips and DDR3 just to play the game well. What kind of marketing strategy is that!?

- dRb

I am rather worried about the amount of bugs that people are reporting with this game... Despite them all, I still plan on getting the game one way or another and waiting for them to patch it up. Hopefully the upcoming patch will sort them out. Apparently it is delayed because it has to be approved by MS because its a Games For Windows game. I find it rather amusing that Microsoft would allow a buggy game to get released in the first place, and then hold up attempts to fix it.  banghead.gif

Its still third personperson, with a option able first person driver cam.

I really don't like this recent trend of GOW fire-from-cover fighting. It just feels completely wrong to accurately blind-fire.

For those of you complaining about the game , the game favours quad cores and is more cpu intensive than gpu intensive. Don't even think about maxing out GTA IV unless you have a Core i7 with 6GB Triple Channel (Corsair , OCZ , G.Skill etc...) and SLI/Crossfire (top-of-the-line models).

It's actually gonna be quite an enjoyable game for me when I build my core i7 965 system within a few days.

I know people who can max it out on lesser PC's than that. And I also know people with PC's like that who can't run it at all so don't get your hopes up just yet smile_o.gif

I know people who can max it out on lesser PC's than that. And I also know people with PC's like that who can't run it at all so don't get your hopes up just yet  smile_o.gif

True... Look at it this way - the PS3 for which GTA4 was designed for has something is roughly equivalent to a 7800GTX for a graphics card. Even taking into account the fact PCs are not as efficient as consoles and thus need more raw power to do the same task, if Rockstar thinks we need hardware that wasn't even around when the game was designed to run it on a PC, I think they have some very serious problems :P

I know people who can max it out on lesser PC's than that. And I also know people with PC's like that who can't run it at all so don't get your hopes up just yet  smile_o.gif

True... Look at it this way - the PS3 for which GTA4 was designed for has something is roughly equivalent to a 7800GTX for a graphics card. Even taking into account the fact PCs are not as efficient as consoles and thus need more raw power to do the same task, if Rockstar thinks we need hardware that wasn't even around when the game was designed to run it on a PC, I think they have some very serious problems :P

Yeah, there's a "Excuse" going around that GTA 4 was built for Next Gen PC's to run, so technically nothing now can run it in high spec. So thats to say that a 360 is 2 Generations ahead of any PC out at the moment ... Jog on tounge2.gif

Oh and Microsoft if your watching get a move on with that Patch!