Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

I cannot see a passanger train station is those pics, but there is one smaller station ready and a bunch of big ones coming.

The torpedo in the vid is German F5b which is dropped from an airplane (and so a bit shorter), but the proper ones for different vehicles should be there. The F5b is intended for He-111 (H-6). I'm not responsible for submarines and bigger ships, but I have a German S-100 series S-Boot (torpedo boat) on the docks.

And like Rip mentioned the vid is from early development and the new model swims under surface and do not bounce like a balloon.

Work on the map nearly done.  Modular large train station install to be completed in the next couple days.  After that a few touch ups and then onto the models for the next 60 days or so.  If you wait around and be patient you will have a nice Cinco-De-Mayo!  wink_o.gif

Uhhh someone mentioned parachutes. Yes we will rid the standard BIS by release time. And again, all this stuff will be ArmA2 compatible.

Just so you know.

Couple screenies of some more map work...

Arromanches-Les-Bains minus one waterfront building( adding later)

arro1.jpg

Road leading down to Arromanches...

arro2.jpg

Some Batteries to the West of Arromanches...

arro3.jpg

Some open fields...

arro4.jpg

Quick map size example...

*IF you guys are worried about how big the map is when ArmA2 is out, don't worry, I've got one plenty big for ya  wink_o.gif

Here is the ArmA1 & ArmA2 maps overlayed onto the Normandy map I am working on for the WW2 mod:

norm2.jpg

Don't believe the size?  No problem, here are the mission icons off a North & South Sahrani map pasted onto the Normandy map to give you an idea...

norm1.jpg

But that's not the entire map.  Here's something to give you the full gravity of the situation...

norm6.jpg

pistols.gif   Who says size doesn't matter!

Here's something to give you the full gravity of the situation...

omg pretty much sums it up? What's the filesize? wow_o.gif

edit: bah, didn't mean to push a new page - epic screencaps on 42 for those that haven't looked.

I believe its still under 100mb

first of all i wanna say that you did a great job!

i am just on to make a "realistic as possible" omaha beach landing at sector dog green/charlie.

1st problem i have:

i dont know how to open that ramp from your lcm3 with a command

can you help me, or is it not even possible?

I'm pretty sure it is possible though i can't remember the command myself.

I think Rip might have already answered this question in the thread somewhere.

but if not i expect he'll answer it a little later when he see's this.

first of all i wanna say that you did a great job!

i am just on to make a "realistic as possible" omaha beach landing at sector dog green/charlie.  

1st problem i have:

i dont know how to open that ramp from your lcm3 with a command

can you help me, or is it not even possible?

If you need the ramp to come down, just get close to it and use the action menu.  Or if scripting use the addaction command for opening.  Give the landing craft a name.  Voila.

On the flip side of the token, I'm contemplating adding a dismount point in the cargo area with an ai path leading off the ramp for a more realistic disembarkment.

Right now they just "pop" off the end of the ramp.

hello thank you!

but i just found a funny other way.

it works with the same command then the lcru  (or something)

the generic landing craft^^

and i made a small script that they dont take soo long to disambark. so all get out now in less then 10sec

a few mostly stay in the boat, becuz they get shot by MG as soon the ramp is lowered  icon_rolleyes.gif

btw. i still have some memory surface bugs, crash to desktop, in connection with some planes.

for example, when i fly the Messerschmidt, ME109b (or so) and press "G" for GEAR, or in the editor the key for switch player. i get the crash.

Although I haven't had that problem or anyone else for that matter.

I will look at it. thx.

Hmm,

That's puzzling,

Also can safely say,

I'm not having that problem.

Everything works fine,Without any crash or error messages.

maybe something got corrupted during the install?

hmm, strange. ok so if noone else got this problem it maybe depends on my installation or pc.

nvm, i dont care too much about.

BUT one thing i care about at the moment is:

soo, my boats are approachin the beach, lowering the ramp, and my guys jump out, one after eaach other (pretty quick).

they look around and then start running to german positions.

about 100m more far, they come under fire from 4 MG42 i placed.

-> The problem.

I want that the MGs open fire when they still in the boat approaching the beach. But it seems too far.

I tryed a static DKHSM and it works perfect.

Soo: is there any possibility to let the MG42 gunners shoot at longer distance?

OR can you add some static MG42 maybe?

*already tryed with addon: truerange, but still noone opens fire*

hmm, strange. ok so if noone else got this problem it maybe depends on my installation or pc.

nvm, i dont care too much about.

BUT one thing i care about at the moment is:

soo, my boats are approachin the beach, lowering the ramp, and my guys jump out, one after eaach other (pretty quick).

they look around and then start running to german positions.

about 100m more far, they come under fire from 4 MG42 i placed.

-> The problem.

I want that the MGs open fire when they still in the boat approaching the beach. But it seems too far.

I tryed a static DKHSM and it works perfect.

Soo: is there any possibility to let the MG42 gunners shoot at longer distance?

OR can you add some static MG42 maybe?

*already tryed with addon: truerange, but still noone opens fire*

The reason why it doesn't work with truemods is because the WWII mod contains different classes that aren't found in the true mod.

BUT you did find an issue that I personally want to resolve because I would like to see the same type of engagement parameters. So in the next update you will have AI that engage at further distances.

thx man, you are the best smile_o.gif

so for now i need to find a workaround^^

maybe i atleast give the dhksm a MG42 sound or so lol.

Dont know if it has been brought up before but the mg on shermans are way to loud, even at long distance. Im not sure if its the coax or commander mg.

Dont know if it has been brought up before but the mg on shermans are way to loud, even at long distance. Im not sure if its the coax or commander mg.

Arma has an intersting sound system.  It works off of decibal rating.  Things that are loud in real life that can be heard over distance in ArmA get a higher decibal rating.  Obviously you and everyone else have noticed the .30 cal on the sherman is extremely loud very far away.  This will be corrected.  When it was programmed initially, I admit I was overly excited to hear the weapon and thought it should be louder...Like a lot of other mod makers, we've all made this mistake.  I can think of another VERY popular mod right now that is getting a lot of attention that has retarded tank sounds that can be heard very far away.  Once the sherman is fixed before the next update, you won't hear it firing 20 miles away.

Some more scenery sneak peaks. Areas around Villers-Bocage and St-Lo.

villersboc1.jpg

stlo4.jpg

villersboc5.jpg

ArmA2 has recommended multi-core CPU's with new graphics cards. As you can see by the detail I'm putting into this terrain. I would recommend the same.

wink_o.gif

hey Rip31st smile_o.gif

wonderful work!

Would you consider releasing your beautiful clutter as standalone

addon - even before the full release of your islands please.

This would allow a clutter replacement for the standard islands.

At the same time this would give you feedback from people about

the look and performance of your clutter.

Thanks for your consideration!

hey Rip31st smile_o.gif

wonderful work!

Would you consider releasing your beautiful clutter as standalone

addon - even before the full release of your islands please.

This would allow a clutter replacement for the standard islands.

At the same time this would give you feedback from people about

the look and performance of your clutter.

Thanks for your consideration!

It's not clutter because AI can see through that. It's placed objects with View GEO LOD.

Arma has an intersting sound system.  It works off of decibal rating.  Things that are loud in real life that can be heard over distance in ArmA get a higher decibal rating.  Obviously you and everyone else have noticed the .30 cal on the sherman is extremely loud very far away.  This will be corrected.  When it was programmed initially, I admit I was overly excited to hear the weapon and thought it should be louder...Like a lot of other mod makers, we've all made this mistake.  I can think of another VERY popular mod right now that is getting a lot of attention that has retarded tank sounds that can be heard very far away.  Once the sherman is fixed before the next update, you won't hear it firing 20 miles away.

Yeah i was playing with my earphones on quite high volume the first time i heard them, from about 10m it almost blew my eardrums out lol  biggrin_o.gif

Glad to hear its being looked into. Also the new pics look wonderful, cant wait  smile_o.gif

Waiting for a train station! Hi Aqu!

Flags!

flag_collection.jpg

Actually there are more flags than in the pic now. They should be all like used during WW2 - for example Canada has red ensign and not the maple leaf flag. Missing in the pic are at least Canada, Australia, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Norway, Poland, Hungary and Finland.

Actually there are more flags than in the pic now. They should be all like used during WW2 - for example Canada has red ensign and not the maple leaf flag. Missing in the pic are at least Canada, Australia, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Norway, Poland, Hungary and Finland.

Oh you mean this one?

flag_collection2.jpg

smile_o.gif