Sign in to follow this  
sk3pt

Best time to release A2 ?

What do you think would be the best time for BIS to successfully release ArmAII, before or after OFP2 ?

I'd say 18 days after OFP2...

Regardless of OFP2 I hope ArmA2 stays in development for as long as possible, primarily for the sake of ironing out as many flaws and implementing new features as possible. Secondly I want to see ArmA1 to evolve more. In relation to OFP2, I would say a release subsequent to OFP2 could be a smart move, but then again there's tons of other factors which will have an effect on sales.

I second Opteryx.

When it's completely 100% finished.

Yup. I don't care if it's 6 months or a year later, just finish the game properly before release.

I second Opteryx.

When it's completely 100% finished.

Yup. I don't care if it's 6 months or a year later, just finish the game properly before release.

I dont care if its going to take 5 years, aslong as its not a repeat of the ArmA 1 launch I'll be happy.

To keep the spirit of this forum alive in this topic as well:

I want it now!!!!! Why do we have to wait so long?

Ok, time to call it a day and go home I think tounge2.gif

Erm... 100% finished/bugfree is wishful thinking.  tounge2.gif

Its done when its done! Developers and publishers make their release decisions usually not because of some vague ETA from competitor.

Developers and publishers make their release decisions usually not because of some vague ETA from competitor.

Actually they do.

I hope this will not be the cause for ArmA 2.

The best time to release it is simple when it's 100% done.

What do you think would be the best time for BIS to successfully release ArmAII, before or after OFP2 ?

Why after, why 18 days, I don't get it huh.gif

Discounting the hardcore milsim boys, OFP2 will blow ArmA2 out of the water on marketing budget alone. So I'd say release well before, to not lose all sales on the general public.

BIS is pretty much a stand-alone developer, because they get extra income from other factors ( VBS sales, motion capturing studio rental etc) wich allows them to work on a game as long as they want, without pressure from outsiders.

I say let them use the time they have for the best, instead of premature releasing a game when there is basically no need for it.

Why after, why 18 days, I don't get it huh.gif

Discounting the hardcore milsim boys, OFP2 will blow ArmA2 out of the water on marketing budget alone. So I'd say release well before, to not lose all sales on the general public.

I agree. Either well before OFP2 or then few months after OFP2. Releasing two games to closely together has "killed" another games before, and that another game usually has less PR.

But in face of general mainstream players OFP2 ain't ArmA2's only challenger. Basically whole fps front is. So if there is going to be COD5 or something else, i'm sure i takes quite big chunk of sales away from ArmA2.

SiC-Disaster: Arma to was released hastly in eastern Europe so that BIS would get more funding (=time) to iron bugs out from ArmA more. So i'd say VBS sales dont' affect much anything, and i believe it has been said too by BIS staff (however i'm not sure, classically). I dont' understand why it would be like this, as it's their engine! BIA can't keep all the money while using BIS's engine! That would be like... wrong. Wouldn't it?

We have an ArmA2 forum where this could be discussed.

Closing.