Sign in to follow this  
Deus

3-Sided Warfare?

as the topic asks, has anybody made a playable warfare mod where you can also decide to control the Independant (RACS) or Civilian forces as guerrilla fighters? If so, can someone please direct me that way? Thanks.

To Me is seems like it can be done with some extra code put in to scripts, I'll take a look at it though.

Doolittle, I enjoy your CTI mission very much. However, what I am looking for is a variant of the warfare editions out there on the full map that have a playable RACS team where you can build RACS weapons, troops, and vehicles or a Civilian (Guerilla) mod where the civilians create their own form of resisitance through IED's, etc. Or both smile_o.gif

I like the warfare model, but you are very good at making missions. Maybe you can be the one to bring us this idea?

I wouldnt bother with 3 sides cti unless it can be limited to 10 players per team or it just lag. 32 player warfare is laggy as it is

3 full sides isnt worth it: What should the team do that lost their bases? disconnect and wait for a new game? Thats not very practical.

I would welcome a version where humans can be the resistance tho. Just bothering both sides by re-capturing their towns. or ambushing them. They should be rewarded and get armor during the game too. Could be interesting.

Maybe the resistance should be able to win if they capture more then half of the towns for example.

The Resistances Goal should be to destroy the other bases as well as protect there own I guess. If we added Civilians could they play a role?

I wouldnt bother with 3 sides cti unless it can be limited to 10 players per team or it just lag. 32 player warfare is laggy as it is

Taking out a few slots from each side would be the goal to reduce the war on lag.

3 full sides isnt worth it: What should the team do that lost their bases? disconnect and wait for a new game? Thats not very practical.

I would welcome a version where humans can be the resistance tho. Just bothering both sides by re-capturing their towns. or ambushing them. They should be rewarded and get armor during the game too. Could be interesting.

Maybe the resistance should be able to win if they capture more then half of the towns for example.

To be honest, I am not a big fan of the fact that all you have to do to win Warfare is destroy the other base.  It is still a great deal of fun, but I think set positions would be ideal with conditions that need to be met before you can attack the base (certain number of casualties, towns, time limit, etc) to force more town battles with players and AI not just wait until you can buy a heli to find the base.  

However, I like some of your ideas in regards to RACS / Civilian control with ambushing etc.  After the base is destroyed you should be allowed to spawn to wreak havoc until the game decides a winner.

Guess what?

Benny of the XR Server, who makes the RBT mods, is working on one!

16 OPFOR, 16 BLUFOR, and 8 RACS!

Racs cannot win the game however.  They're more suited to lonewolves who just want to jump in the game and play/fight.

They'll certainly make RACS more unpredictable!  "Is it human or is it AI?"

Edit: Latest post seems to show we can have 16 RACS... a 48 player server on XR soon!

Great news, looking forward to it.

Apologies for the slight sidetrack, but I couldn't see the point in starting a new thread when the question I have is so closely related to this one.

How would I go about making RACS the OPFOR team and the SLA forces the ones defending towns?

I've only just started mangling Warfare and what I have learned is mostly based on blundering around and experimenting.