Sign in to follow this  
Doomguy

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.1

Hey, a couple minor issues I've come up with while messing with your last version:

- OPFOR has WeaponBoxWest defined as ammo box, while it should be WeaponBoxEast.

- I think the M4GL should be added so we can tweak the BLUFOR grenadiers gear in the shop. It's also good to have an unscoped GL for those who don't use a weapon replacement and want to be efficient in CQB when not using crosshairs (and use an M4).

As I said I've been tinkering with your last build, as I had to remove SPON Map anyway, and I've fixed that stuff for myself already. Anyway, it'd be nice to have it fixed officially in the next release, if you don't mind.

And BTW I've been adding the Russian Federation replacement (which includes units, weapons and mags) to my personal build. That's probably the only must have replacement to have, I think, as playing with the default SLA arsenal is both limiting and boring. So if you want them just tell me and I'll put it somewhere, or I'll paste the code here. I'm mention it because adding the weapons to the shop and fixing the replacement can create a couple headaches. There's typos in the classnames of the readme and the gear of the grenadier class is a bit messed up.

@ Kenoxite

Feel free to upload your own version edit mate, the more the merrier. Just give credit to Doomguy. There's probably a few things i've missed out, so any info' always helps! ;)

Also i'm aware of the East's lack of weapons but due to it being addon free i didn't want to add any addon dependencies to it. But warfare is customisable to suit whatever the individuals tastes. I never play on the East side so it never bothered me. And on top of that i use replacement configs so addons aren't forced on anyone. ;)

Oh and thanks for pointing out the WeaponBoxWest for East, just checked it and changed it to the correct text.

Edited by Law-Giver
Update post!

OK.

I forgot to specify that the RF thing was meant for your personal version of warfare (or whatever), not the one you release publicly. But seeing that you never play with SLA then nevermind. Unless you'd want to fight some better geared russian guys for the sake of balance.

Upload it mate and i'll give it a whirl. I already have my own versions, i did the addon free one because i knew that not everyone wanted ACE, including me. :D

Alright. That's why I wanted to make clear that it was just meant for your personal build. I'm aware that the point of your edit is to have an addon/mod free version of Waco, and that's precisely why I like it.

Well, then I guess I'll wait for your 1.19 version and add the changes there.

I've corrected the East West ammocrate error in Construction_StationaryDefense.sqs & Config_Structures.sqs and removed the majority of West weapons in the ammocrate to make a little more balanced towards East weapons. West had way too many in comparison. It's a shame the original game has limited East Weapons.

But it's still down to the individual to make the kill, with or without a scope. You could always play East with more funds at the start of the game or just realize that WAR is never a fair battle. ;)

The Vietnamese never complained they were out gunned or outmatched. They got on with it and kicked *ss! :D

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

If anyone knows how to get rid of this problem i'd be a happy bunny. There's a fire mission marker on the map south west of the island with a circular marker and some heli's fly towards it like flies on sh*t! Doomguy made a suggestion but i couldn't resolve it! It's doing my head in. :(

http://img810.imageshack.us/i/arma2011030710232114.jpg/

Did you perhaps rename one of those markers to StartingPosition_X (where X between 0 and 12), or did you move a StartingPosition_X marker to that location?

The starting positions are used by the AI as recon locations, so that may explain why they are sending choppers there.

Doomguy

Did you perhaps rename one of those markers to StartingPosition_X (where X between 0 and 12), or did you move a StartingPosition_X marker to that location?

The starting positions are used by the AI as recon locations, so that may explain why they are sending choppers there.

Doomguy

Will have a look mate and get back to you. If you're right i may have to give you a kiss.:D

UPDATE:

Thanks Doomguy, i finally found out why. It's because i had "0" StartingPosition_X's. I copied them over and it's worked a charm, no more heli's flying out to sea. Do i feel stupid? Er...yeah! :D

After a quick tidy up, i'll upload tomorrow. Again all credit to Doomguy and a teeny weeny weeny bit for me. ;)

Oh and here's a man kiss for Doomguy.......X :D

Edited by Law-Giver

Here's the latest version 1.1.9.0. Big thanks to Doomguy, it wouldn't exist without him. :D

Added Mando Hitch, tweaked the HUD a little. Probably final version unless Doomguy works his magic. :)

Gonna make a CSLA version next, and play a bit of ACE2 on ArmA2 OA. Guess i'm neglecting it a little.

LINK:

http://www.2shared.com/file/wPjjjxaY/Warfare_Waco_LG_No_Hints.html

Any problems or "I don't like this, i don't like that!" then edit it but give credit were credits due. Again, thanks for your help Doomguy much appreciated. Guess i owe you a few beers. ;)