Sign in to follow this  
Deadfast

Firefox Biki Search plug-in

<span style='font-size:7.5pt;line-height:100%'>I'm sorry, I do realize this may not the most ideal section, but it is the best I could think of.</span>

-------------

As we all know the Bohemia Interactive Community Wiki (or just Biki for short) is the ultimate source of information when it comes to editing something (be it a mission, an addon or a script) for either OFP or ArmA.

I often ended up searching it all the day long and therefore decided to make something to help me along.

To cut the story short, this plug-in will allow you to search the Biki from within the ease of your browser.

ff_bikisearch.png

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>What do I need:</span>

Mozilla Firefox 3

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Installation (Windows):</span>

Simply download and run this file.

The installer will guide you through the process.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Installation (Linux & Mac):</span>

Download this file.

As soon as the download is finished you want to move it into Firefox install dir/searchplugins directory.

(not tested - the folder structure *may* be different)

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Un-Installation:</span>

Simply Remove the search engine within Firefox's Manage Search Engines... menu (accessible from the search engine selection).

Should you change your mind use the Restore Defaults button in the same menu.

If you wish to completely wipe out the file from your hard drive delete biki.xml from your Firefox installation directory\searchplugins folder.

This is actually quite handy for those quick searches when feeling lazy or in a speedy mood with the adrenaline going, great job! thumbs-up.gif

One way is to use Firefox's smart keywords feature.

With it I write for example bi setFuel to addressbar in order to use the search.

Now with Firefox 3 I probably get the page suggested in addressbar if I've visited that page before.