Sign in to follow this  
andersson

andy_binoculars

@spooner. Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups. About your edit, yes.. But as I know about it its very easy to click the right mouse button after I pressed B.

@all. Thank you for your comments!

This is a great little addon, works well. I find using this in binocs makes sense more than Designator, mainly because designator I know exactly what Im wanting to point at. Binoc's I use in random/ general situations and some free head movement when checking and covering myself works real well.

Hell, this is great! I added this to the list - hope that's okay!*

Tested it and couldn't find any serious bugs (the ones mentioned before, especially with SPON Rangefinder are a bit annoying at best, but don't break the game)

Thank you very much for this, andersson, it gives quite a proper "scouting atmosphere" when using binocs! :-)

I won't be here for a bit, so I took the liberty on mentioning it without any reply - if that seems stupid & rude, I apologize!

this is a very cool addon! Im just bad with using the binocs, i usually just use iron sights and zoom out , in with the weapon.

Would be really cool if the binoculars actually had a zoom like the Mark12spr sniper rifle smile_o.gif

this is a very cool addon! Im just bad with using the binocs, i usually just use iron sights and zoom out , in with the weapon.

Would be really cool if the binoculars actually had a zoom like the Mark12spr sniper rifle  smile_o.gif

Didn't the default bins in OFP have a zoom - or am I dreaming

again?

I'll certainly use this addon. I never use any of that new-

fangled laser stuff anyway. biggrin_o.gif

I won't be here for a bit, so I took the liberty on mentioning it without any reply - if that seems stupid & rude, I apologize!

*drunk mode be careful as I say the truth* Read the read me.

Read the readme and you see that I take no credit and youre free to use and abuse this addon as you see fit.

That meaning if you, the.D, put it in your list Im honoured. You dont have to ask.

Andy, it's a great mod and thanks for the effort but I won't be using them as is.

When you hit 'B' the binocs completely obscure your vision - waiting for you to right-click of course. And when you "disengage" the binocs to look around, the binocs obscure your vision forward forcing you to try and look over them or under them.

Is there any way to make it so that pressing 'B' puts the binocs in a default position of at the chest for example? Then right-clicking brings them up to use. And then when you disengage them (what is it right-click again?) they go back to your chest. IMHO, that would be ideal.

No, its not possible without new animations. This addon is best used with freelook or trackir looking around. For me, as trackir user, it comes very natural.