Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod -WW2

October 15th is the day.

This mod looks amazing! I've been looking for a good WW2 mod.

October 15th.. Thats my birthday.. you'll make my day biggrin_o.gifyay.gif

i just can't wait for the beta release... i want the sounds to be perfect cause, unlike for original arma, you can't download cool sound mods for it!

Great looking mod guys. Can't wait to give it a spin and the speed it's going at is impressive smile_o.gif

@Tomahawk - You can download a host of great sound mods for Arma. I recommend trying the HiFi Sound Mod to start with. Just check the mod sections in the forums smile_o.gif

you guys are in luck, ive made loopable engine sounds for panther/tiger/kingtiger engines.

also mixed togther sounds to create a good 88m gun sound

and recorded sounds from live fire mg34's for coax sounds.

make sure you check your pm's

Thanks again for the help!

now those sounds would come in handy for sure ... as i'm working on the king tiger as we speak ... only needs texturing then rip here will be getting it into game for you guys.

Well we all ready have a panther this will work for and now the tiger 2 and i even think rip has a tiger 1 so three tanks been helped by your kindness

Hey if his is a better model then mine, then we will toss mine out or use it as a different unit color variation. I think that's what we can do.

We have different variants of infantry such as falls & werm so why not tanks?

Wow, this mod is looking great.

I'd just like to thank Rip31st and the rest of the team though, as someone said earlier you guys should be the role model for all dev teams out there trying to push out mods. You keep in close communication with your fans, you let us know how you're doing, and you don't jump down our throats when we ask you how it's coming along. So many other mod teams like to scream "We have lives, damnit!" at us whenever we ask if it is dead. I would just like to say, and I hope I speak for all of us, how much I appreciate the direct communication with your fellow gam3rz.

This mod is going to be sweet, keep up the good work!

Just a little update:

-C47 tested out good. It's been UVmapped and has some halfway decent textures on it. It's config now has the proper max speed settings. AI can actually taxi it without hitting objects not associated with the runway. smile_o.gif And it is very easy to fly for those that don't know how.

-Bf109e1 is ready to rock. It's got 2 wing tip mounted MG17's and two nose mounted MG17's. Fully functional flaps, ailerons, retractable landing gear, etc, etc. It's performace has been adjusted to fall in line with the real-meal-deal from WW2. It's fast, but not too overwhelming. It's UVmapped and textured.

-bf109f4 also had it's performance adjusted slighty. I've modeled a bomb for it to carry as part of an optional load out. It's got some MG17's, 15's and a 20mm cannon.

-bofors 40mm anti-aircraft was tested out. LET ME JUST SAY THIS....watchout! If you are a pilot and this thing get's a hold of your plane. You can kiss it goodbye. This piece will add to the excitment of multiplayer scenarios that feature bombers and paratroopers. Just needs to be mapped and textured which will happen before the phase 1 beta release.

About 3 weeks out folks. Still stick'n to Oct. 15th.

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Wow, this mod is looking great.

I'd just like to thank Rip31st and the rest of the team though, as someone said earlier you guys should be the role model for all dev teams out there trying to push out mods. You keep in close communication with your fans, you let us know how you're doing, and you don't jump down our throats when we ask you how it's coming along. So many other mod teams like to scream "We have lives, damnit!" at us whenever we ask if it is dead. I would just like to say, and I hope I speak for all of us, how much I appreciate the direct communication with your fellow gam3rz.

This mod is going to be sweet, keep up the good work!

I really agree with what your saying. Besides we are a community forum(that has a love for Arma). A pic here and there will keep the community interested. wink_o.gif

If it wasn't for us asking questions....Man this forum would be dead.... icon_rolleyes.gif

As far as modders/programmers talk about we have lives...That is really f@%king rude!!! Excuse my language but most of you know what I am talking about. Can we all just be one instead of divide and conquer with arrogance!!! wink_o.gif That is my opinion. welcome.gif

THE amount of dedication rip has put into this mod is overwheelming. I really think think this guy has no life joking rip. He has had alot of support from the other mods out there which i'm surprised about ... all of them coming together and helping rip release something that is so amazing it's out of this world. I'm lucky to see some of the work and also have some of my work being released by rip. Dude i hope you never stop, which i do know wont happen.

The other thing about this mod is not everyone knows what will be released, an rip here has only shown you guys say a 10th of what he has planned .... so think about that he has kept you up to date but not fully lol ... I myself cant wait to see what comes out at the end.

-Bf109e1 is ready to rock.  It's got 2 wing tip mounted MG17's and two nose mounted MG17's.  Fully functional flaps, ailerons, retractable landing gear, etc, etc.  It's performace has been adjusted to fall in line with the real-meal-deal from WW2.  It's fast, but not too overwhelming.  It's UVmapped and textured.

-bf109f4 also had it's performance adjusted slighty.  I've modeled a bomb for it to carry as part of an optional load out.  It's got some MG17's, 15's and a 20mm cannon.

I have to say I'm really looking forward to this. It is sometimes fun to use not so high tech weapons.  smile_o.gif

Since you already have 109 E-1, you could make E-4/B with slight changes. It would have better use from the battle of Britain to early Barbarossa (end of '41 early '42). That could be used as a fighter and a Jabo. Also E-7 wouldn't be too hard make.

I don't know what you mean with "15s" in F-4 weponry. It should be 2xMG17 in the nose + MG151/20 cannon through the prop spinner.

mg151/20 is what I meant.

MehMan you can use the sounds, they are for everyone to use mate. its like a community donation.

How does it look with the artillery? Will different types appear on both sides? Easy, middle as well as heavy artillery and mortars?

There is a pak38 already. There is an 88 in the works. A M101 is on the drawing board. I do not think arty will make the initial beta on oct. 15th. But it will eventually find it's way into the game.

Just a lil' update:

-LCM3 now carries troops and tanks.

-Tanks can fire from LCM3

-Troops and tanks can walk/drive onto LCM3

Some pics from testing:

lcm3test1.jpg

lcm3test2.jpg

lcm3test3.jpg

lcm3test4.jpg

lcm3test5.jpg

Work continues on cleaning up before the big Beta release Oct. 15th.

*I should note that hitching guns to trucks will be possible. Stationary guns don't do well on the second pass from a enemy bomber!

I'm also experimenting with moveable guns. The kind you can move on your own so you don't have to rely upon a truck.

Can it be true!?!  I can barely believe my own eyes.  That LCM3 unloading tanks is just breath-taking. smile_o.gif

-Adding custom engine sounds to all tanks

-Adding custom weapon sounds to all tanks

-M4A4 Sherman has 4 crew positions: driver, gunner, commander & hull gunner. 3 possible positions to gun from

-All vehicles now have proper munitions.