Sign in to follow this  
DmenX3

Konflikt unutra Jugoslavija

Hey there everybody. As of recently I've taken a huge interest at the Yugoslavian conflict of the 1990's after the collapse of the Soviet Union. I am a skilled programmer/scripter/graphic designer, and I wish to have more people with hose skills to work with. I am currently looking for people who know their way around the ArmA editing tools specifically people who know how to import 3ds Max objects to Oxygen and get them to be functional in ArmA, people who know how to use Visitor 3, and people who know how to script entire missions.

Just to make sure you understand this isn't another project that ends up being some skill-less slob that want's all the work done for him. I intend to head this project with great intensity and hope to speed up the process by getting skilled people on the team.

If you are interested in helping post, or if you want to know more (I didn't want to write about the whole mod then have nobody read it  biggrin_o.gif )

In the future I will also be looking for people the speak a Yugoslavian sub-dialect (Serbian, Slovenian, Croatian and whatnot).

I hope to hear from all interested parties.

Quote[/b] ]Just to make sure you understand this isn't another project that ends up being some skill-less slob that want's all the work done for him. I intend to head this project with great intensity and hope to speed up the process by getting skilled people on the team.

if you want to prove it i guess it's good idea to post some examples of your 'skilled programmer/scripter/graphic designer' work. cause i have never seen a man equally skilled in all of these areas

sure, i'll try to scrounge up some of my work off my CD collection, I have an ongoing problem with my HDD so I keep most stuff on disks....Now I just need to find them.

Oh and I know I'm not equally skilled in all areas. I've been programming in Microsoft Visual since the dawn of that program (1997) and I learned C++ 1991. I'm very interested in getting familiar with the ArmA tools, and I am trying to read every tutorial out there.

In terms of graphic design, I am quite horrible when it comes to making things look good. What I am good at though is making wonderful 3ds Max renders. I kinda get caught in the whole texturing/lightmapping area. crazy_o.gif

To be honest I've made independent mod scripts for about every game from here to Japan. (Often with the help of a little reverse engineering...Whoops, did anyone hear that? huh.gif )

So I suppose to be more specific I'm really looking for 2d people and people who know how to get around the ArmA tools. Maybe that's more accurate.

(BTW, just in case it isn't understood, I do live in California, so there isn't really any problem with language barriers. I don't live anywhere near the Baltic area.) ((And by that I mean I speak English, sorry if I offended any Slavs.))

Hmm maybe this will help you on your way.

http://www.vimeo.com/videos/search:Arma%20tutorial

smile_o.gif

Ah, thanks much Opteryx. These look very helpful.

I was looking through a few tutorials on height maps going into Visitor 3. What I'm wondering is if any site has a detailed description of how to convert DEM's into maps on ArmA. I'm guessing I'll still have to manually add all the buildings in the map designer, but to take the actual topography from the locations where the battles (that I'm recreating) occurred would be really sick, even if nobody that played it knew.

Wow...Thanks man! That's truly terrific work there. I hope I can put all this stuff to some good use! biggrin_o.gif

Sorry mate, I'm no modelling expert, but good luck with the project smile_o.gif

Stew

Thanks man. It's definitely going to take some luck biggrin_o.gif .

alright mate

i also im not a mdoing scripting designer king to be fair, nothing of the sort. However im doing studies in russian and easterm european milatary history and know plenty about the ''2nd Yugoslavia'' and uprising in 1990 ect, so any help give me a shout, good luck! biggrin_o.gif

alright mate

i also im not a mdoing scripting designer king to be fair, nothing of the sort. However im doing studies in russian and easterm european milatary history and know plenty about the ''2nd Yugoslavia'' and uprising in 1990 ect, so any help give me a shout, good luck!  biggrin_o.gif

Yeah man, I've been reading the crap out of Wikipedia, but any more knowledge on the subject is always welcome.

Actually I do have a question for you. Can you give me an idea of what buildings in Slovenia and Croatia look like? I have a few pictures but they're pretty generic. What I mean is, is there anything specific to the Balkan architecture that would make it stand out from the rest of European/Turkish culture?

BTW, I think I'm going to post a full synopsis in the post below so that people get more of an idea of what I'm doing.

In slovenia aLot of the buildings are greek like or mediterainian, especially is bosnia in a city called mostar the buildings are of western europe merrit even thou they have been around since 1980's

These pics may help you get an idea:

Slovenia: http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?....rl=http

Bosina:

http://www.haverford.edu/relg/sells/mostar/mostar_aerial.gif

Croatia:

http://www.lindsayfincher.com/gallery....Id=3469

To your second question on how the balklands may differ interms of eurpean or turkish culture, Mostar bridge is proberly one of the most iconic in the city of mosta as shown above, also what you tend to notice in the balklands that there are alot of castle's some 17th century even medi-evil or some newer, those are the fundamentals but there is not a massive difference to be fair

...Oh and I know I'm not equally skilled in all areas. I've been programming in Microsoft Visual since the dawn of that program (1997) and I learned C++ 1991. I'm very interested in getting familiar with the ArmA tools, and I am trying to read every tutorial out there.

In terms of graphic design, I am quite horrible when it comes to making things look good. What I am good at though is making wonderful 3ds Max renders. I kinda get caught in the whole texturing/lightmapping area. crazy_o.gif

To be honest I've made independent mod scripts for about every game from here to Japan. (Often with the help of a little reverse engineering...Whoops, did anyone hear that? huh.gif )...

Hi DmenX3,

The C++ background will help you much concerning model's configs and scripts. But to get the hang how to implement something new, reverse engineering is the only way to learn from each other, because you will not find the actual tricks in the tutorials.

And do not worry, when you run into trouble, you will always find a helping hand here smile_o.gif

Having nearly the same background as you have, I am still learning from the old cracks since I have started modding 5 months ago.

have fun and good luck,

mike

...Oh and I know I'm not equally skilled in all areas. I've been programming in Microsoft Visual since the dawn of that program (1997) and I learned C++ 1991. I'm very interested in getting familiar with the ArmA tools, and I am trying to read every tutorial out there.

In terms of graphic design, I am quite horrible when it comes to making things look good. What I am good at though is making wonderful 3ds Max renders. I kinda get caught in the whole texturing/lightmapping area.  crazy_o.gif

To be honest I've made independent mod scripts for about every game from here to Japan. (Often with the help of a little reverse engineering...Whoops, did anyone hear that?  huh.gif )...

Hi DmenX3,

The C++ background will help you much concerning model's configs and scripts. But to get the hang how to implement something new, reverse engineering is the only way to learn from each other, because you will not find the actual tricks in the tutorials.

And do not worry, when you run into trouble, you will always find a helping hand here  smile_o.gif

Having nearly the same background as you have, I am still learning from the old cracks since I have started modding 5 months ago.

have fun and good luck,

mike

Thanks, and good luck yourself.

awd ya get on with those buildings then dmen? that info help?