Sign in to follow this  
dk-vcb

CMF_Units = Canadian units

Thank you for this terrific add-on!

atm i dont think they can be used in ACE mod.. will try to get it to work once i get the time.. regarding the medic that should have been fixed.. but ill look into that aswell once i get the time for it... there might be some extra units coming along in another update...

Anything can be used with A.C.E go into your A.C.E config and change bis classnames to visable.

I use these units under ACE mod, there is no problem with them so far. Changing the ACE conf may be the solution.

that helps a bit but how do i replace the skins for ace, primarly i would like to change the standard acu with woodland vests, i don't know if it would complicate thing because i no they have officers and such. it would be great to have a full replacement back with boon hats etc. i think i am asking too much though :P

Canadian units don't use ACU last I checked, and there is no simple way to swap out skins when the models are most likely completely different (with different texture mapping) depending on which units you're talking about. I also don't think the Candians use US woodland cammo, but again I may be mistaken.

Personally I just want to see more damn fine realistic Canadian troops that I can stick into the latest Afghanistan maps and have them kicking ass. I just wish they had some nice LAV's and some Leapord tanks in the pack.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

i dont think you got what i was saying, i want them to REPLACE the acu vest and all instead of using the us i would use canadians, and canada uses CADPAT TW (digital temperate woodland), and cadpat desert not sure the name of that

He wants a replacement config for these. So they replace the original US ArmA inf.

He wants a replacement config for these. So they replace the original US ArmA inf.

Ahh... I couldn't tell what he was getting at. I thought he was talking about just replacing the vests. Man I'm kinda slow these past few days.:)

well looks like there might be a leopard 2 coming soon... depense again on the time i got.... have to create barracuda nets and slat armour for the vehicle

Funnily enough, some of my colleagues have been bugging me to do the Canadian version of the Leopard 2A6M, and so far I've been quite tempted to make a start on it, the only problem is that I don't really have enough free time these days to do one from scratch, so I'll have to resort to asking one of the more skilled 3D modellers out there if I can possibly use one of their base models as a template - giving them the usual credit in big friendly letters in the readme when it's done.

I've had a look at a few these past few days and the one I like the most was the version that Bionic did, not only does the detail look spot on, but even my old computer still gets a pretty good fps rate when there's a lot of 'em on-screen at once.

I'll ask him for permission first, before I try anyone else and see what he says. So here's hoping.....

-- Archangel

can hopefully show some pics of the leopard tonight or tomorrow... but remember its still wip... will try and make a woodland with slat and a desert with barracuda and slat armour on..

Edited by DK||SES||

hi every one. We are back with an update for you today.

ONS (Operation Northstar) and CMF (Candian Millitary Forces) have merged and kept the name of Operation Northstar.

DK from CMF no part of ONS has been hard aty work on Bionics Leopard 2A6 converting it over to the Leopard 2A6M CAN vertion for use with

Opteration Northstar.

and to end out the day here a few pictures of the beast that DK have been hard at work on.

97376268.th.jpg

leopard2.th.jpg

70483162.th.jpg

............PICS OF THE LEO............

I would like to thank Bionic for the wonderful Leopard2 A6 model.

and in the other hand future wip and release shots will be posted in the ONS (Operation NorthStar) thread

The Leo is coming along great! :cool: The finished product will be awesome.