Sign in to follow this  
OChristie

Shawk al Tarif - V0.99 Beta

I havent tried this map wit 10k view distance, so i am not sure why that happened, sorrry though, i will check!
I would imagine that because this is a large map, that it requires alot of CPU power for arma.exe and i know that if something is slowing your pc, windows kills it!
Please can you instruct me on how to get the config!
ok give me 30min
You are correct in the location, well done hehe!

it is 1024 x 1024, close.

Am i thinking about linking the two maps!!!!

Ah yes of course, i am looking forward to playing your maps actually!

I don't know why it crashed i will do that screen shot very shortly, i  am just working on a few fixes and additions!

Thank you the_shadow is there anything i can do to resolve it!
Thank you Fox
About 7 Hours Straight

Whats wrong, can you explain in more detail!

Cheers Miller04

blackknight63

<span style='color:red'>This is a forum, not a chat!</span>

Edit your previous posts if you have to add something instead making a new post every few minutes.

There is also no need to say thanks each time someone adds a mirror for your map. Either use the PM function if you need to do that or thank the people at the end of the day.

[...]

A few questions, where can i find placeable runway, and where can i find landing lights???

[...]

blackknight63

You can find the Runway lights and the PAPI's in the ca\buildings\misc\ folder i think. Names are:

runway_edgelight

runway_papi

runway_papi_2

runway_papi_3

runway_papi_4

The Runways and the invisible road are in ca\roads ...

Place the Invisible Roads under your Runways because they won't work as roads without them. It's also useful to avoid that dirt effect on clear runways.

Just take your time and work out the detail. notworthy.gif

Rodger that will work on adding them now, thank you

**EDIT**

They seem to be unplaceable, in LOD format or MLOD i forget which one is binarized, anyway they are binarized, they dont work sad_o.gif

**EDIT**

Ok Thank you

Mean the runways ? yeah there should be automatically MLOD variants of all roads in your visitor folder which are placeable. Or download them from the BIS MLOD release. smile_o.gif

I get out of memory crap outs on this map (never have than on any map and I have used most), why is this such a large map in MB with not much content, I don't understand?

Ive never had so much issue with a map before, whats with the "action man hair placed" trees?

Im not a one to crit and be negative, but in the end for what this brings and the hassle to run it, its gone out my install (for now). Hope you do well in your updates .. keep working on it.

Quote[/b] ]The Runways and the invisible road are in ca\roads ...

Place the Invisible Roads under your Runways because they won't work as roads without them. It's also useful to avoid that dirt effect on clear runways.

This is not true, to correctly setup runways you must configure the config.cpp, setting up the ILSTaxiin and ILStaxioff plus ILS direction points on the runway and the taxiway will enable the AI to correctly land and taxi to a final resting postion. Laying roads will not make the airport function correctly for AI

Quote[/b] ]The Runways and the invisible road are in ca\roads ...

This is not true, to correctly setup runways you must configure the config.cpp, setting up the ILSTaxiin and ILStaxioff plus ILS direction points on the runway and the taxiway will enable the AI to correctly land and taxi to a final resting postion. Laying roads will not make the airport function correctly for AI

It is true, he's talking about how vehicles interact with the surface, the runway objects are too big to have their own roadway LOD, so therefore you need invisible roadway tiles placed with them. Also this prohibits clutter from going through the runway.

To make AI land on the runway however you're quite right.

I get out of memory crap outs on this map (never have than on any map and I have used most), why is this such a large map in MB with not much content, I don't understand?

Ive never had so much issue with a map before, whats with the "action man hair placed" trees?

Im not a one to crit and be negative, but in the end for what this brings and the hassle to run it, its gone out my install (for now). Hope you do well in your updates .. keep working on it.

Of course you got out of memory, the problem in the configurations, apparently was not solved yet.

But still a new version with the primary bug still keep coming and coming.

(something that is out of my comprehension)

I believe this author is more interested to release a new version after another then to fix what really need to be fixed or learn to make it better.

As i offered my help to solve this particular issue and still got no concrete answer, in these 2 days, i stoped to care.

All i can say more is to reread the tutorials with attention about Visitor3 to find where is the problem.

Good luck.

Quote[/b] ]Also this prohibits clutter from going through the runway.

To prevent clutter from going through the runway you lay MESTO, you do not put roads down, you will also run into problems as other vehicles will use the runway as they will follow the invisible roads

Of course you got out of memory, the problem in the configurations, apparently was not solved yet.

I believe this author is more interested to release a new version after another then to fix what really need to be fixed or learn to make it better.

As i offered my help to solve this particular issue and still got no concrete answer, in these 2 days, i stoped to care.

All i can say more is to reread the tutorials with attention about Visitor3 to find where is the problem.

Good luck.

Just seems to me that this should have not even been put as beta really, and still maybe tested by a select few and posted in the discussion thread.

Good luck.

Just seems to me that this should have not even been put as beta really, and still maybe tested by a select few and posted in the discussion thread.

Exactly.

Quote[/b] ]Also this prohibits clutter from going through the runway.

To prevent clutter from going through the runway you lay MESTO, you do not put roads down, you will also run into problems as other vehicles will use the runway as they will follow the invisible roads

Ya you're right - it's another ( maybe better ) solution do solve that in the mask  smile_o.gif  .

All advice taking in, and i will be pulling the mirrors until i have properly finished this map and fixed everything, sorry bravo_6 i didn't get back to you because my computer has messed pretty bad and i am writing this from a replacement. I shall continue to work on this map when i have free time, but i am working on other more important things at the moment.

Thank you everyone for using this map.

blackknight63

Whats wrong with your official forum?

I think add More Detail in the small town is necessary.

the town is big or not big is not important ,but make it looks more detail is essential