Sign in to follow this  
OChristie

Shawk al Tarif - V0.99 Beta

I'm having an odd problem. I have the pbo in my addons folder, but the map isn't showing up in the editor. Any thoughts?

I'm having an odd problem. I have the pbo in my addons folder, but the map isn't showing up in the editor. Any thoughts?

Yeah it's missing a wrp and a config. whistle.gif

Yeah it's missing a wrp and a config.  whistle.gif

Yup. Kinda importanto smile_o.gif

I love these kinds of maps, perfect for long range patrols, Scud hunting, etc...

The simplest ones are often the best! biggrin_o.gif

Have people got it working (with regards to all of the config issues)? I'm overseas at the moment and am not near my computer - but can't wait to try it when I get back wink_o.gif

I have added this pbo to my mod addons, I have a @Maps/Addons folder ... this pbo is within it but I dont see it showing up at all?

No issue with any other maps, this might sound like a dumb question but whats the exact name is should show in my map list in arma?

EDIT: I made an addon folder just for this map and loaded arma with this map addon only, it doesnt show up. I then loaded arma vanilla with this map only, and still shows no additional map.  Im using 1.14 BTW.

I then tried vanilla without queens gambit, just in case ... nothing at all ... im lost  sad_o.gif Never had one issue like this with any map so i know im not being a dumb ass.

EDIT 2: I realised maybe it doesn't like my own addons folder(s) so I ran vanilla no mods and just put the map in arma/addons (the stock game folder) .... still nothing at all confused_o.gif

How the hell have you people got it working? I have the 1.1 version.

Well it seems that the wrp and config files weren''t packed into the pbo after I removed the png's. However I PMed the "fixed" version to blackknight and he confirmed that the the files were ok before I updated our Mirror.

Sorry guys sad_o.gif

Uploading a fixed version atm, the Mirror will be updated once it's finished

Edit: Can't get it to work properly...I suck at addon editing. News hidden, I'll wait for the new version.

Sorry everyone, i am currentley working on an update will be done very shortly, I check the files were all there and they were, but oh well fresh update with lots of new features on the way!!!!

OK .... at least we are not in the times where it was dial up and "pay as you go" for downloads LOL!

Had a short look at the island but somehow there are no buildings. I even re-downloaded from your downloadlink but still no change..please have a look at the map again.

Had a short look at the island but somehow there are no buildings. I even re-downloaded from your downloadlink but still no change..please have a look at the map again.

they are not visible in the editor unless you zoom in max...

but they are there... :P

oh thank you, i did not know that, you see i knew there were buildings in the editor i just could not see them on the map!!!

I havent tried this map wit 10k view distance, so i am not sure why that happened, sorrry though, i will check!

what you mean killed your game?

crashes arma?

Lag?

be more specific.

I would imagine that because this is a large map, that it requires alot of CPU power for arma.exe and i know that if something is slowing your pc, windows kills it!

I would imagine that because this is a large map, that it requires alot of CPU power for arma.exe and i know that if something is slowing your pc, windows kills it!

if its a desert, doesn't make any sense wink_o.gif

Can you post your configurations of visitor, please?

how big is your map?

We can try to solve it.

edit: typo