Sign in to follow this  
5thSFG Drak

Config.bin modifications

Someone needs to find this piece of CRAP and put a Styer Round in his Skull !!!!!

You freaking Hacking FOOK !!!!!!!!!

Sorry thats "a-lone-wolf"

it took you 12 freaking hours 12 freaking hours to hack the new patch. Your a freaking IDIOT !!!!!!!!!

why do you come out with this Stuff ? why must you hack the damn config.bin ? WHY

your screwing this damn game up with your stupid Crap man and Defaceing everything about online gaming ! EVERYTHING !!!!!

Well Drak if he doesn't someone else well. Well have to wait and see if someone is going to try to cheat with the new file now. All i can say is for him i hope to god the new patch does it's job now.

Although I also share bad feelings about releasing the config.bin in config.cpp for eveyone to download, edit and cheat with, your language, tone and attitude in this thread is not acceptable. Flaming and bashing is not acceptable on the forum and should be conducted over ICQ/private messages.

Sorry Dave but this Guy Deserves to have his Name Flamed for Screwing me out of a ton of hours of fun and 50 Buck's !

If he wants to Hack and make it easy for Cheaters then he should also Pay the price !

You let people go after me cause I have been fighting this same thing at our Server They Flamed me and called me names And I am trying to do GOOD ! This guys is DOING BAD and you wana GO off on ME....

LOL ... You should think about what you just said !

NO disrespect to you of course !

I dont see how alonewolfs decompiled config.bin files are hurting anyone. If you use an modified config.cpp file and try to join a multiplayer server that uses the original config.bin, you get that "player is using modified config file" all the time. Pretty easy to see that he´s cheating. Alonewolfs work has helped me alot with making of addons, and I respect his hard work too. I would rather hate the person who made the "no need to reload" cheat that works for multiplayer too, which doesnt modify anything from the game files so its impossible to know that someone is using it (unless you see him not ever running out of ammo or firing a LAW repeatedly)

OMG ..... You have no clue what you can do with a hack .cpp then do you . YOU can shoot a freaking TOW or a Maverick out of a M-16 , you can shoot heat out of a players chest , man the list goes on and on ! People are doing this over and over and over again !

it's not so neat when you play people who abuse this Crap !

As far as the error.... LOL I wont say it here it's not the place !

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (5thSFG Drak @ Mar. 02 2002,15:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OMG ..... You have no clue what you can do with a hack .cpp then do you . YOU can shoot a freaking TOW or a Maverick out of a M-16 , you can shoot heat out of a players chest , man the list goes on and on ! People are doing this over and over and over again !

it's not so neat when you play people who abuse this Crap !<span id='postcolor'>

Like I said, if you modify the config file you start to get that "blaa uses a modified config file" every time you join a multiplayer game. Theres no other way of doing those things you mentioned that editing the config file so its clear that when that message pops up the player is trying to cheat or his ofp is messed up.

Now come on Dave, they made a topic about him and you did nothing at all! They spamed all the way to the 16th page and nowhere did you post to stop, heck you didnt even post!

Ok man , Never mind then

Sence you know all about it I guess I shouldnt say anymore. You need to come and be an admin for FragHaus !

And watch it happen with no errors being showen. Someone has found away around the Fix

Tank's doing 900 miles an hour....BLAH never mind My fight is in vein I can see it now.

I guess what we as the players of this game see with our own eyes is just B.S.

Our 50 bucks , our time and our help here is not needed !

Sorry for wasting BIS and all the Fair Gamers time here .

one day a game will come out and will work right and be fair for everyone....... I am praying that day comes real soon !

Are you sure your server is running version 1.45? Older versions do not display that "modified config file" messages on dedicated servers.

wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (5thSFG Drak @ Mar. 02 2002,14wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OMG ..... You have no clue what you can do with a hack .cpp then do you . YOU can shoot a freaking TOW or a Maverick out of a M-16 , you can shoot heat out of a players chest , man the list goes on and on ! People are doing this over and over and over again !

it's not so neat when you play people who abuse this Crap !

As far as the error.... LOL I wont say it here it's not the place !<span id='postcolor'>

Hm... Why is it so bad? There was an open config.cpp class in the first versions (bougth 1.0 about 1 day after release) and hacked versions of new config.bins ever since.

I have NEVER, and I say again, N E V E R seen anything like that. Not ever. Why would this time be worse (where it also includes better handling of the "uses modified config" messege)?

And btw, the forum doesnt take html on your sig.

Like I said never mind I give up. So far I have seen more people who think it's ok to do it than that think it's bad.

And the examples are to the extreme . But people picking off other players in CTF across the map on desert island with a Scoped m-16 "that uses the m-21 scope" , the list goes on But i can see you guys think it's cool.

SO I will just stop now . I have said my peace , Always nice to know it's kool to cheat. So have fun with it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now come on Dave, they made a topic about him and you did nothing at all! They spamed all the way to the 16th page and nowhere did you post to stop, heck you didnt even post! <span id='postcolor'>

I rarely check this part of the forum because it's normally some what calm. No one informed me of that thread. Only reason I came to this one was kegetys pointed it out to me.

About the hacking of config.bin..The "XX player uses a modified config file" is not an acceptable anti-cheater system as far as I'm concerned..My config has been edited by some addon and I get that message when I join a server yet no one even gives a damn..I COULD be cheating my ass off but no one would care/know because they dont pay attention to that message..

If the config.bin is a different file size/checksum size then OFP shouldn't start IMO. That would be the only way to stop hacking of config.bin. Not to mention sooner or later people will work out how to remove that message....

I would kick out anyone who gets that "blaa is using modified config file" especially if he shoots rockets from his M16. With older OFP versions it was a problem because dedicated servers did not check the config file. But that problem is gone now with 1.45, and I dont think theres a way around it.

That's if you actually saw the message kege. On a 16 player server text is flying by so fast your chances of seeing it are slim.

Most of these folks seem to disconnect right after the message is displayed. I guess they hope it will decrease their chances of getting kicked in the future or banned.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Armourdave @ Mar. 02 2002,15:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's if you actually saw the message kege. On a 16 player server text is flying by so fast your chances of seeing it are slim.<span id='postcolor'>

Well the messages pop up again after a while, like yesterday someone was getting them and the message popped again and again during the game so im sure you will see it.

To the guy that started this post. I will remind u that you are taking your frustrations on the wrong dude!

1st of All. "Cracking" (otherwise to "Hacking") the cpp file is useful for mod makers in adapting their configs for use in addons. If u use custom addons i suspect u would be grateful.

2nd He is not responsible for misuse by others of this information, into cheating. If u want to blame somebody, blame who cheats and who uses this for cheating, it is they who spoil the fun.

Just your misjudgement of somebody that has dedicated his free time into making this game enjoyable to all. Sooner or later it would have been done by some1, for the good or for the bad. A-Lone-Wolf, fortunately for the OFP community is the good guy. Flaming, would make ppl not even bother in rechearching its internals.

So cut the guy some slack will u. Its not nice to offend ppl in this manner.

They quit makeing mods where you have to make these so called changes ! Screw messing with the config.bin , .cpp's ! Thats inviting trouble !

And I could careless if he's a hero to you ! He's a nightmare to me and every player who wants to have fun with this game !

Our better yet if you Mod makers HAVE to have this .cpp file then keep it in house and not where everyone can get ahold of it !

here is what your soooo badly need hacked.cpp cause's

http://www.crude-extreme.com/~kamika....638.jpg

this is the first time we have seen a message like this !

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (5thSFG Drak @ Mar. 02 2002,17:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this is the first time we have seen  a message like this !<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like you are playing on v1.45 now then.

And he is not a hero to me. Actually he is a friend of mine.

And CHANGES... are MODIFICATIONS (MODS). U cannot make addons without cpp definitions. And He does not modify the config.bin. You even can confuse this with different game versions.

You must not be very bright i forsee. Probably i should blame your mother for your bad attitude, and your all your ancestors too. Same deal isnt it? Think about it.

Look, he isnt stopping u to have fun. Where u playing with him over multiplayer? I dont think so. He doesnt.

Like any other openable piece of software... and game, if u want to make this issue stop, Play with a clan, with friends that do not cheat. Make up a anti-cheater lobby if u want... hunt them down... u even can get my help if u need.

I sympathize but u got your priorities wrong and directed in the wrong direction.

Now blaming ppl for giving general information is something different as to what others use that knowledge for whatever purpose they may. Its called responsability. You cant blame him for others misuse as he never did and DOES NOT have INTENT for cheating.

Actually, i discussed this issue with a-lone-wolf before. He considered in not sharing this data as he was afraid other ppl would misuse it. Any person that would have INTENT to cheat would do so no matter what.

Its like blaming cheating on BiS for developing the game code... when in fact its the anti-gamers that do so. Its like blaming Einstein for the idea of the possibility to split the atom... and giving him the responsability of making and using the atom bomb.

IT IS THE CHEATERS THEMSELVES THAT SPOIL THE FUN.

Freedom is inversely proportional to Security. Ppl are free to cheat because game code was left open to edit in the 1st place. Make it too secure and no addons would be possible.

Its a problem in balancing the two that has to be met. And that also means each gamer has their own share of responsability in this issue. Much like opinions.

It is each ones responsability to do whatever they want with their freedoms. Even cast it away... for the sake of safety.

(I suggest u disconnect from the internet now, somebody may be taking a peek at your configs right now.)

Of course u dont understand this. It is not prudent of you otherwise.

Now what the heck was the point of even messing with the code in the first place and releasing it? There is no reason to mess with it unless you are trying to cheat!!!! Explain please and I want facts not some made up crap!!! Pictures, downloads, the whole nile river if you have to!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Peroxide @ Mar. 02 2002,19:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now what the heck was the point of even messing with the code in the first place and releasing it? There is no reason to mess with it unless you are trying to cheat!!!! Explain please and I want facts not some made up crap!!! Pictures, downloads, the whole nile river if you have to!<span id='postcolor'>

He didnt mess with the code. He merely converted it to a cpp file from the encrypted file.

Others decide what to alter. Complain on them instead.

Look I have emailed and talked to a lone wolf in the past.

But Come on man. Putting it out there so anyone can get it yeah right.

It is one thing to share it with one guy or the other. Who are Known addon makers. Or guys who are trying to make addons. But just to put it out there so people can actually just abuse it.

I understand it helps in the makeing of addons. I also understand stand that it helps in the improvement of the game. But look at the ofp editing site. They have a whole thread dedicated to it now.

Don't get me wrong though that site has help myself in the makeing of maps and other items. But look If you read some of the files on makeing addons from devils workshop. You do not need to hack the config bin. Just the addon itself to change its properities.

Also I hate to say it but, This game is screwed. Know that the config bin again is hacked again. Someone will figure the BLAH MODIFIED CONFIG crap and get around it.

Trust me I spent time as satelite/cellular and encryption radio operator in the military. If there is ways to get around some of the most sophisticated systems in the world freg hop, scrambling systems, and direct beam comunications. There is ways around this game code.

Some person may do it just to see if they can. Like all true human beings will go looking for approval and post it. Saying look at what I did!

But look Drak I feel your pain but what can we do! People are going to find away to beat stuff anway.

Plus as I have stated in my own words and have to eat them now!

THIS IS A OPEN SOURCE CODE GAME. SO THAT MEANS PEOPLE CAN DO WHAT THEY LIKE WITH ALL ANY INFORMATION. SHORT OF MAKEING ANOTHER GAME OUT THERE AND TRYING SELL IT WITHOUT CONSENT OF BIS OR CODEMASTERS.