Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HWM ADDONS PACK RELEASE V3.0

Weeeeeeee‘re baaaack! Well, actually we never left…which is not the case for our wives and girlfriends, as they finally grasped the concept of us being married to ArmA modding and filed for a divorce…sad story…

Anyway, to the really good news…our 3rd release is here, and we are really excited about this one! New weapons from scratch, completely reworked older versions of weapons, new units, bug fixes plus a bonus: RACS and US (using M60Ds instead of MG3s) version of the UH-1H Huey.

New Weapons

-H&KG3A3 - H&KG3A4 - H&KG3A4 Marksman

-FN-FAL - FN-FAL Para - FN-FAL Marksman

-M60 - M60E

-HK21

-M72 LAW

New Soldier Units

-Greek Army Units (4 different types) with retextured skins using original BI p3ds.

-Custom Camo Faces for the units.

New UH-1H Variants

-UH-1H M60D mounted

-UH-1H Cargo Transport

New Enhancement

-UH-1H Cargo Transport System, which gives the ability of Weapons and magazines transport through user friendly dialog.

*UH-1H cargo Transport System, Not MP Compatible

*Refer to the HWM Addon Pack 3.0 manual, for how to use the system

For the first time since our work began, we were able to use a modular system in order to incorporate complementary community work in our mod. In this release, you will find Vietnam era versions of the UH-1H Huey, requested and reskinned by Red Devil. For further clarification please contact us.

Have a look at these ingame pictures and do not forget to clear the HWM folder of any older version of HWM. No other files except the ones from this release should be in the addons folder, Hellenic or Greek.

As always, constructive feedback is welcome!

Have fun!

CHANGELOG JUNE 2008

BUG FIXES from Version 2.0

-UH-1H now has a flaps animation giving better flight control on vertical dives.

-UH-1H rotors now are spinning at the correct direction

-UH-1H reworked config.

-UH-1H Racs version tail marking texture now is correct.

-Leopard1A4 now APDS and HEAT rounds have different behavior and unique realistic characteristics.

-Leopard1A4 apply camo net is now MP compatible.

ENHANCEMENTS from Version 2.0

-H&K G3 series weapons reworked from scratch.

-All weapons now have a unique magazine model.

-Update characteristics for all addons to comply under patch 1.14

(unique recoils, upgraded armor for all vehicles)

HWM_RELEASE_3-1.jpg

all_22.jpg

misc_11.jpg

misc_22.jpg

misc_44.jpg

misc_55.jpg

Download the main package from HWM site : CLICK HERE

Mirror Download of main package from Rapidshare : CLICK HERE

Download the Vietnam era Hueys : CLICK HERE

HWM Team

And ... some more pics ...

misc_66.jpg

zmak_11.jpg

zmak_22.jpg

Have fun.

HWM Team.

Yes. I was hoping I might see this this weekend. I'll spend all day checking this out tomorrow. This should help my post bachelor-party recovery, and thank god it's not mine.

Thanks for the new content HWM fellas. I have no doubt this will be as amazing as the prior packs.

oh YES! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I was looking forward to those weapons! And the US version of the Huey was no.1 on my wishlist. So big thanks to you!! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

awesome release guys smile_o.gif

well well, anyone notice the spent links from the m60's when shooting....

I LOVE IT! nice work chaps! Yes, spent belt links with spent brass, i think thats a first in ARMA!

yeah, truely we've done some small eaaster eggs from addon to addon. We're glad you like it.

Great mod, love they hueys. The rotor sound inside the cockpit is very low, is it meant to be like this?

Great mod, love they hueys.  The rotor sound inside the cockpit is very low, is it meant to be like this?

We are aware of this, we are currently reworking the sounds a bit, among other stuff...thanks for the comment!

Hey, congrats on the new release guys. Glad to see my Vietnam skins could be released to the community, they look much nicer with the M60s, can't wait to test the improved handling either.

My apologies as I forgot to mention in my release post the new content banghead.gif

-- Corrected --

Aplion

Nice One guys. But do the Huey still barrel roll ?

In the previous version, this sensitiveness made them really hard to fly correctly.

In the previous version, this sensitiveness made them really hard to fly correctly.

We tried to depict the actual flight characteristics by presenting the model to real Huey pilots of the Hellenic Army Aviation. Though we had enormous feedback, we could not actually make the helicopter as per their specs, since ArmA is not a flight sim. I guess you could say that it is as close as we could get...

Give it a try in the new release and let us know what you think.

Btw, I suppose that you are the one responsible for those great Hind beta versions...Well done m8!

Any lite versions to test out the Hueys only? We use our own units (Slo/Cro) and would love to use huey for a new MP campaign.

I think that the working elevator gave to our hueys more stability than before.

As Liongreek said, give it a try and any feedback on this matter will be much appreciated m8.

Any lite versions to test out the Hueys only? We use our own units (Slo/Cro) and would love to use huey for a new MP campaign.

Have a look into HWM site and you will find separated each pbo of our MOD  wink_o.gif

Althought you will need the "Core" and "Weapons" PBOs.

Please be awared man ... you can use it the way you like it ONLY local.

Read the manual disclaimer for more clarifications regarding this issue.

Thanks

Nice, i like this mod, especially the huey, back to 'nam' wink_o.gif

Keep up the good work!

Aplion,

After using the new version for the past few days I have to say that the pack exceeds my expectations, once again I should add. I was hoping for a little more Huey variation but the 3 Nam versions, OD green and the others is f@$%in' fantastic. I thought the handling was pretty damn good before but the new tweaks definitely improve things.

Overall though my favorite has got to be the Transport System. Christ this makes a huge difference when I play. Since I edit every mission I DL to include various user made weapons crates and put many in the missions I make, it goes without saying that I like to come to battle prepared. It took forever to fill up the old Huey, or any other heli for that matter, when I return to base to rearm and make load out adjustments. Now I can actual play the missions in a timely manner.

Just a few remarks and/or questions:

1.) Is there a way to add more types of weapons that can be loaded? If not, would you guys entertain the idea of adding the ability for us to add which ever community made weapon we choice? And if possible a way to delete which weapons the system recognizes just in case, for example, one doesn't want a BIS M249 to show in the loading drop down menu but does want someone elses? As it currently stands, I'm thinking the system only detects HWM and BIS-based classnames.

2.) I think I spotted a mistake as well. In the Transport System menu the weapons slots appear under the "Magazines" heading and mags under "Weapons".(I hope this makes sense cause my screenshot wouldn't show for some damn reason.:hlp: )

I'll keep testing things out and give you guys a holler if anything else comes forth. Once again thanks a lot for all the work. I always tremendously enjoy using the HWM stuff, without a doubt something from this Mod always makes it's way in game whenever I play ArmA.

Much appreciation fellas!

yay.gif .......

pistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gif ......

goodnight.gif .......

whistle.gif

wink_o.gif

Thanks all of you for your kind comments

@Manzilla

Our primary goal, was exactly that to have a more realistic battle support on weapons/magazines. to tell you the truth when we design the system we had in mind the movie "We Were Soldiers" with situations of groups that try to hold on a position and needs weapons / ammunition support....

Now let's get to the technical thing of...

At first we didn't know /expect how the community would react on it, so we didn't put much effort, thats' why it's experimental. But the future possibilities are far better for instance.

1)Reagarding the mistake, i can't find any problem, or maybe i haven't understand the problem correctly.

in any case i advise for those who wants to use it

-1)read the manual, it has a good example of how to use it.

HWM addon Pack 3.0 manual

-2)take a llok at this example / demo youtube video.

2)The biggest trouble was how to determine what an ammo / wepon box has. In that problem we couldn't find an anwser through scripting commands, so we use the config read way, but that way has a big disadvantage. srcipting commands that executed during the missions like addmagazine cargo / addweaponcargo for the ammobox don't work, that means that you always got what is defined for the ammo/weapon crate in its config. The same problem applies to the logistics too, since we can't change the config realitime, that means that your weapon / ammo crates will never empty, BUT we figured out a small idea to handle a small logistic system for this for one loading at a time. Example you have a weapon crate with 20 M16 and 10 M4, if you load a weapon slot with 10 M16 for the other slot your available quantiy will be 10 (through table substraction), in plain english that means that in a transport your max transport quantity can be the max available in the weapon /ammo crate.

As far as the extension, i think that an extension of reading any user made weapon /ammo crate through config can be possible and quite easy to make, but in that case you have to make your own custom weapon/ammo crates whicj i think it's quite easy.

In conclusion the biggest disapointment for us was the MP Dedicated Server Failure, which was unexpected, but with ArmA you never know what to expect as far as scripts. Probably since we see people who are interested on it, we will further develope, optimize it and try to make it MP compatible...

Maybe it will be a good new addition for WarFare tounge2.gif

Xsparky,

The Youtube video shows the error I am taking about as well. The boxes on the outside parameter of the loading screen has "Magazines" slots A, B, C, D, E, F and the "Weapons" slots are labeled A, B, C, D.( These are the slots you actually choose what mag or weapon you are loading.

Now in the Heli diagram in the middle of the Loading menu, (where it shows what slots the weapons/mag appear) the "Weapons" slots are labeled A, B, C, D, E, F and the "Magazines" slots are labeled A, B, C, D.

In other words, the slot labels in the heli diagram are reversed from the actual slots you load the mags/weapons from.

Hello all and once again on behalf of the team thank you all for your comments!!

After almost 3 days from release and Judging from your feedback I think that it is safe to assume that we don’t have any major problem or bug that is causing  serious trouble! yay.gif

So the first one who will find a bug will get a big present and of coarse executed after tounge2.gif

Some quick answers:

@IceBreakr,

As Aplion said if you want to use a liter version you can download the Pbo’s separate from HWM site.

Please note here that if you don’t download Units you will be unable to play with the Greek UH-1 but normally you will not have problems with RACS and US versions

The linked Pbo’s that are including all the necessary files for the UH-1s are Weapons and Core.

@EricM

Just a quick note/info here!

The actual values in the config are not changed but with the rear flaps moving there is a change in geometry and AMRA engine handling which does not allow the nose to make  deep pitches and thus making it more stable. I just wish in ARMA 2 we will see more realistic controls including main rotor tilts like real life!!

@ Manzilla

Regarding the question about weapons selection the answer is positively yes.

Actually this was the way the cargo system was working at the beginning, it did a sweep in classes and then it displayed all weapons and magazines (Bis or Community).

Unfortunately this way a mission maker does not have the choice of customizing the mission gear and also we are creating a possible exploit in which everyone can pick the bigger gun with infinite ammo.

As I was fooling around with it in MP today I debugged the add magazine/weapon commands and I can now safely say that the no MP problem is not with them.

So despite it is still far from perfect we believe that the current system and combat logics should be something like that and if there is interest from the community we intend to make it even better with first goal MP compatibility.

Ohh and we will also correct that stupid mistake you mendioned, thank you for that.

Any ideas or comments on it are always welcomed of coarse!!!

@dave317

Dave as LionGreek said we are aware of this problem.

The issue is that on our internal versions we are using different sounds that we decided to hold back until next release in order to make a full face lift on them.

If you think it is too annoying then go on the UH-1 class and find

<span style='color:red'>insidesoundcoefficient</span>

If I recall correctly the old value should be somewhere between 0.05.

And Finally  @Sparky

Since it’s like 40 degrees outside and girlfriends left us, go grab your swim suit and let’s go find two new ones rofl.gif.

Consider finding a girl with modeling experience in 3dMAX this time!!

After all who knows we may need them to make a gunship version, right?

Cheers!!