Sign in to follow this  
DragoFire

Return of DragoFire's A-6E and EA-6B Project

As some may remember a while ago I start and went through 2-3 revisions of the A-6E Intruder for OFP. This aircraft was beta'ed by ex-A-6E pilots and current military pilots.

But due to other real-world things the project was past onto Col.Klink. But due to some unforseen problems all master files were lost. (see details of this project here.

I plan to restart and finish this project, but this time it will include both ArmA and OFP versions of both aircraft, along with the OFP weapon mod that was in the works at the same time. Due some features available in ArmA this version will include better details and features. As part of this I will try to contact other addon makers to gain access to some of their scripts and other key required features that were missing from the orginal version.

In the later stages I will be request help from texture artists.

Here few examples of the orginal beta;

pbeta1.jpg

closer view of the Attack Bomber (  carries 14 Mk-83 1000lbs freefall bombs);

ab.gif

These had the following Weapon payloads;

AGM-65 Maverick

AGM-84 Harpoon (3 versions)

AGM-45 Strike

5inch Zuni Rocket Pods

2.75inch Hydra Rocket Pods

Mk81 250lbs GP Bomb

Mk82 500lbs GP Bomb

Mk83 1000lbs GP Bomb

Mk84 2000lbs GP Bomb

GBU-12 500lbs Paveway

GBU-16 1000lbs Paveway

GBU-10 2000lbs Paveway

AIM-9 Sidewinder

Was Planned; (these will be included in final release)

AGM-62 Walleye

Mk20 Redeye

CBU-78 (clusterbomb)

Mk77 (Napalm Bomb)

Mk117

Planned aircraft features;

Deployable arresting hook (for aircraft carrier landings)

Folding Wings (already done)

AirBrakes (for landings and for steading up for bomb runs)

Catapult hook (for aircraft carrier launching)

Opening Cockpit canapy and ladders.

Multiple drop payload weapons (in the works still)

This was the last (closed beta, working textures and cockpit setups) version;

newa6.jpg

newa6-a.jpg

cockpit.jpg

Another project I did  Weapon Standards  which included some weapons that can be mounted!

weapons.jpg

This will give everyone a feel of what I plan to do.

Awesome! Looking forward to launching those bad boys from an aircraft carrier.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Glad to see some more interest in aircraft for Arma.

I will look forward to this release.

Awesome!   Looking forward to launching those bad boys from an aircraft carrier.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Mile they fly the same way they did when you and the others beta tested them in OFP.

The CFG file's still here for the OFP version and shouldn't be too hard to change over to ArmA. The models have to be re-done as you know from the orginal forum topic in the OFP:Addon area. But hopefully not as long as it took last time. wink_o.gif

Do you know if the Carrier boys have setup cataputes and arresting cable scripts on the addons?

Just a tip for Carrier operations, you'll have to manual setup the Landing gear, dont use auto like BIS aircraft, the undercarriage always folds by itself.

Franze FA-18 would be a good example to check out.

... lookin forward to it thumbs-up.gif

Gnat @ June 20 2008,16:08)]Just a tip for Carrier operations, you'll have to manual setup the Landing gear, dont use auto like BIS aircraft, the undercarriage always folds by itself.

Franze FA-18 would be a good example to check out.

... lookin forward to it  thumbs-up.gif

These were set with manual landing gear and also folding wings for storage. Could even add in the arresting hook and catupt hook too, not a major issue to setup.

Example of the folding wings;

wing1.gif

wing2.gif

wing3.gif

And the real thing;

A6WS.jpg

Might be nice to do an e-warfare version which could patrol the battlefield with a giant ECM pod and jam the radars of enemy vehicles (or other command-and-control operations such as team channel chat? ? ? ? ? )

Just a thought smile_o.gif

Might be nice to do an e-warfare version which could patrol the battlefield with a giant ECM pod and jam the radars of enemy vehicles (or other command-and-control operations such as team channel chat? ? ? ? ? )

What you mean the EA-6A Prowler??

The EA-6A is still the NAVY's ECM Aircraft, which was going to be made. The A-6E was able to carry the ECM pods, which just changed the model number.

The big question on doing this is the a script that is known to work that does ECM effects?

The EA-6A is still the NAVY's ECM Aircraft, which was going to be made. The A-6E was able to carry the ECM pods, which just changed the model number.

The big question on doing this is the a script that is known to work that does ECM effects?

Actually, that role is to be filled by the new E/F-18 "Growler", as the new aircraft are completed.

Actually, that role is to be filled by the new E/F-18 "Growler", as the new aircraft are completed.

Yes the EA-18G is to be the NAVY's new ECM. But is not yet in use till next year. With currently an standing order of @97 for the NAVY only.

Quote[/b] ]The EA-18G is scheduled to finish flight testing in 2008, then earn initial operational capability in 2009

This is the current version of the U.S. Navy EA-6B Prowler.

Type; Electronic attack

Manufacturer; Grumman

Maiden flight; 25 May 1968[1]

Introduced; July 1971

Status; Active

Primary users; United States Navy, United States Marine Corps

Number built; 170

Unit cost; US$52 million

Developed; from A-6 Intruder

Comparable aircraft; EF-111 Raven, EA-18 Growler

USN squadrons;

VAQ-128 Phoenix (disestablished 2004)

VAQ-129 Vikings

VAQ-130 Zappers

VAQ-131 Lancers

VAQ-132 Scorpions, (originally VAH-2)

VAQ-133 Wizards

VAQ-134 Garudas

VAQ-135 Black Ravens

VAQ-136 Gauntlets

VAQ-137 Rooks

VAQ-138 Yellow Jackets

VAQ-139 Cougars

VAQ-140 Patriots

VAQ-141 Shadowhawks

VAQ-142 Grey Wolves

VAQ-209 Star Warriors

USMC squadrons;

VMAQ-1 Banshees

VMAQ-2 Death Jesters

VMAQ-3 Moon Dogs

VMAQ-4 Seahawks

General characteristics

Crew: four (one pilot, three electronic countermeasures officers)

Length: 59 ft 10 in (17.7 m)

Wingspan: 53 ft (15.9 m)

Height: 16 ft 8 in (4.9 m)

Wing area: 528.9 sqft; (49.1 msq)

Empty weight: 31,160 lb (15,130 kg)

Max takeoff weight: 61,500 lb 61,500 (27,900 kg)

Powerplant: 2× Pratt & Whitney J52-P408A turbojet, 10,400 lbf (46 kN) each

Performance;

Maximum speed: 566 knots (651 mph, 1,050 km/h)

Cruise speed: 418 kt (481 mph, 774 km/h)

Range: 2,022 mi (tanks kept) / 2,400 mi (tanks dropped)[citation needed] (3,254 km / 3,861 km)

Service ceiling 37,600 ft (11,500 m)

Rate of climb: 12,900 ft/min (65 m/s)

Wing loading: 116 lb/sqft; (560 kg/msq)

Thrust/weight: 0.34

Armament;

Up to 4 AGM-88 HARM antiradar missiles

Up to 5 ALQ-99 Tactical Jamming System (TJS) external pods

Up to 5 300 gallon external drop tanks

Avionics;

ALQ-99 on board receiver (OBS), ALQ-99 pod mounted jamming system (TJS)

USQ-113 communications jamming system

Weapon details for A-6E addon.

The Intruder carries no internal armament, but can carry 18,000 lb (8,170 kg) evenly distributed on five external hardpoints, with options including:

2.75" (70 mm) Rocket Pod

5" (127 mm) Zuni Rocket Pod

Mk-20 Rockeye (base model done, deployed version to be made)

Mk-77 Napalm

Mk-81 (250 lb) (113 kg)

Mk-82 Snakeye (500lb)

Mk-83 (1,000 lb) (454 kg)

Mk-84 (2,000 lb) (907 kg)

Mk-117 (750 lb) (340 kg)

CBU-78 Gator

GBU-10E Paveway II Laser Guided Bomb

GBU-12D Paveway II Laser Guided Bomb

GBU-16B Paveway II Laser Guided Bomb

AGM-123A Skipper II

AGM-45 Shrike

AGM-62 Walleye

AIM-9 Sidewinder

AGM-84D Harpoon

AGM-84E SLAM

AGM-88 HARM

AGM-65 Maverick

AGM-123 Skipper

B-61 Special Weapon

Various Land mines

Various underwater mines

Various practice bombs [Mk-76, BDU-45, LGTR, etc...]

*Items in Bold have models and cfg already done.

Some shown above in first post.

Real world version showing full desplay of available weapons;

A2F-1_armament_NAN9-63.jpg

Right with luck I might be able to provide the A-6E Intruder stage 2 beta I did for OFP:R to give everyone an idea of what is to come. (these look like the very first two images in the very first post in this topic).

But please this was not a fully complete addon, the cockpit isn't complete (it has most of the gauges and correct layout) and the textures are only for testing.

But if your interested I might be able to provide it later this week as only have to write up the cfg file for ArmA from OFP formating.

I'm flattered that you'd convert my namesake aircraft.:D Hey if your interested VMA is working on the NZDF mod we've got a few projects on including an Orion, Strike masters and Sky Hawks.

I'm flattered that you'd convert my namesake aircraft.:D  Hey if your interested VMA is working on the NZDF mod we've got a few projects on including an Orion, Strike masters and Sky Hawks.

SkyHawks aren't too hard, I've got one set on my PC that are from OFP:R which could be transfered to ArmA. Just need to contact a m8 about getting rights to do so first.

Have you got any plans for some of the earlier variants like A-6A and support variants like KA-6D?

Have you got any plans for some of the earlier variants like A-6A and support variants like KA-6D?

Well the answer to that is Yes!

The KA-6D air-tanker! wink_o.gif Easy to make, would require a animation for the fuel-feeder line. Only other thing that might need looking at is if the Fuel-Truck effect can be added, in OFP it wasn't possible, not sure with ArmA yet.

With the orginal project I collected a large amount of images and plans, and a few cockpit images, these are the hardest thing to locate good quality images of.

Have a read through the old project topic, link is listed in the first post of this topic. It give a very goodidea of what was planned and sources on information, etc...

Due to a slight over sight by me, the demo test model will be a little bit longer before release.

Problem is the learning curve of changing from OFP to ArmA addon CFG configuration.

To speed things up I've asked a few m8 to give the CFG file a once over, so hopefully I'll have the Demo Beta up and running very soon for everyone!

lol what a bump.

I'm sure he would report any progress.

Take from that what you will.

Termit

Do not dig out old threads just asking for any updates.

Don't you think if there would be any news, the addon maker would post them here without being asked for.

Closing.