Sign in to follow this  
modemmaik

SmurfC T72A ERA upgrade "style"

Is there a ReadMe in 343rdbadger's new pack that explains which .pbo's are needed here? I didn't see one. I see there is 4 seperate .pbo's packs packed into the DL. All 4 packs have the same .pbo name, except the Camo pack has another .pbo.

Are all 3 of the other camo patterns in the "T-72ERACamo.rar" pack? Or if we want the others we need to use only the corresponding .pbo.

Could someone make numbering script and camo script which are not combined?

I'll try to explain it here...

smurfc_era.pbo and t72_era_custom.pbo are platoon commander and random number (in that order)...the rar that has BOTH pbo's inside are the woodlandish type platoon version and random number.The other two rars (smurfc_era.pbo) contain the Winter and Sandy Desert platoon versions that you have the option to change out from the woodland platoon version.The custom slot is within the other pbo which I don't really know how to use(which is why I changed out the core textures to avoid the scripting thingy)...make sense?? smile_o.gif...so If ya want a winter platoon with random numbers...just unrar the winter and over-right smurfc_era.pbo and presto...platoon winter with all other random number versions.

@343rdBadger: Thanks smile_o.gif

@hamis: Check the mission included named numberBond.sqf. This is an example for numbering the tank "007". Thus if you want to modify the skin only, just remove the lines 62+ from textures.sqf in the addon's t72_era_custom directory.

for explanation:

Quote[/b] ]_tex setObjectTexture [0,"\t72_era_custom\data\t72_1g_co.paa"];

_tex setObjectTexture [1,"\t72_era_custom\data\t72_2g_co.paa"];

_tex setObjectTexture [2,"\t72_era_custom\data\t72_3g_co.paa"];

are for skins (first argument range from 0..2) .

Quote[/b] ]_tex setObjectTexture [3,"\T72_era_custom\numbers\zero"];

_tex setObjectTexture [4,"\T72_era_custom\numbers\zero"];

_tex setObjectTexture [5,"\T72_era_custom\numbers\zero"];

are for numbering (see numbers mentioned in the texture path, first argument range from 3..5).

I hope this helps whistle.gif

Well,to make myself clear i am NOT trying to use them in mission!!!I try to replace original t72 permanently with this,so init should be different.I just don't know what it is in arma,it's not same as in OFP. sad_o.gif

Edit:no more msg's but numbering(by looking textures.sqf i think there should be random numbering) still doesn't work:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">};

class EventHandlers

{

init = "test = [_this select 0, ""pir_digi""] execVM ""\T72_era_custom\textures.sqf"";";

};

class Library

{

libTextDesc = "$STR_LIB_T72";

};

};

class ZSU: Tank

Btw,mateck's m1a1 has replacement config with numbers working.

Another edit:how to make them all platoon leader ones? huh.gif

Yet another edit:here is T72 video with(not so good quality)sound for your entertainment:T72 video tounge2.gif

Well,to make myself clear i am NOT trying to use them in mission!!!I try to replace original t72 permanently with this,so init should be different.I just don't know what it is in arma,it's not same as in OFP. sad_o.gif ...

@hamis: You can copy and paste from the missions example scripts to the addon script. The same code works on both locations.

Check if the numbers are visible on the tanks front.

Check that the number-textures are included in the addon's numbers directory.

Also check that the T72_era_custom\textures.sqf include assignment for the 3,4,5 hidden sections e.g.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_tex setObjectTexture [3,"\T72_era_custom\numbers\zero"];

If the numbers does not pop up, check if the hiddenSections are defined like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hiddenSelections[] = {"1_co_cust","2_co_cust","3_co_cust","num1","num2","num3"};

This was one of the changes for the latest version and defines the first argument of the setObjectTexture command. If not, download the latest version and check again.

I hope this helps,

mike

Quote[/b] ]hiddenSelections[] = {"1_co_cust","2_co_cust","3_co_cust","num1","

num2","num3"};

My bad. banghead.gif

Now it works,thank's mike!

Well,anybody want to make version which has (bigger than on turret)numbers on about middle of fender also?

Well,here is my T72 config,you have to replace T72 part of tracked config with this to use smurf T72 with random numbering:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class T72: Tank

{

scope = 2;

picture = "\ca\tracked\Data\ico\t72_CA.paa";

Icon = "\Ca\tracked\Data\map_ico\icomap_t72_CA.paa";

mapSize = 12;

displayName = "$STR_DN_T72";

hiddenSelections[] = {"1_co_cust","2_co_cust","3_co_cust","num1","num2","num3"};

side = 0;

crew = "SoldierECrew";

nameSound = "t72";

accuracy = 0.8;

armor = 690;

damageResistance = 0.00544;

cost = 1000000;

class HitHull

{

armor = 0.85;

material = 55;

name = "telo";

visual = "telo";

passThrough = 1;

};

maxSpeed = 60;

typicalCargo[] = {"SoldierECrew","SoldierECrew","SoldierECrew"};

soundEngine[] = {"\ca\Tracked\Data\Sound\T72",0.8,1};

soundEnviron[] = {"\ca\Tracked\Data\Sound\M1A1_treads3",7,0.9};

soundGetOut[] = {"\ca\Tracked\Data\Sound\tank_door",0.01,1};

soundGetIn[] = {"\ca\Tracked\Data\Sound\tank_door",0.01,1};

forceHideDriver = 1;

driverForceOptics = 1;

driverAction = "T72_DriverOut";

driverInAction = "T72_Driver";

class Exhausts

{

class Exhaust1

{

position = "vyfuk start";

direction = "vyfuk konec";

effect = "ExhaustsEffectBig";

};

};

type = 1;

threat[] = {0.9,0.8,0.2};

class Turrets: Turrets

{

class MainTurret: MainTurret

{

gunnerAction = "T72_GunnerOut";

gunnerInAction = "T72_Gunner";

weapons[] = {"D81","PKT"};

magazines[] = {"23Rnd_125mmSABOT_T72","22Rnd_125mmHE_T72","2000Rnd_762x54_PKT"};

soundServo[] = {"\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\gun_elevate2",0.001,1};

gunnerOpticsModel = "\ca\Tracked\optika_T72_gunner";

gunnerOutOpticsModel = "\ca\weapons\optika_empty";

minElev = -6;

maxElev = 14;

initElev = 0;

class ViewOptics

{

initAngleX = 0;

minAngleX = -30;

maxAngleX = 30;

initAngleY = 0;

minAngleY = -100;

maxAngleY = 100;

initFov = 0.166;

minFov = 0.025;

maxFov = 0.333;

};

class Turrets: Turrets

{

class CommanderOptics: CommanderOptics

{

weapons[] = {"DSHKM"};

magazines[] = {"50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM","50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM","50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM","50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM"};

gunBeg = "gun_muzzle";

gunEnd = "gun_chamber";

body = "ObsTurret";

gun = "ObsGun";

gunnerAction = "T72_CommanderOut";

gunnerInAction = "T72_Commander";

minElev = -25;

maxElev = 60;

initElev = 0;

minTurn = -360;

maxTurn = 360;

initTurn = 0;

gunnerOpticsModel = "\ca\Tracked\optika_T72_commander";

soundServo[] = {"\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\gun_elevate2",0.000316228,1};

outGunnerMayFire = 1;

inGunnerMayFire = 1;

};

};

};

};

class Damage

{

tex[] = {};

mat[] = {"ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal_destruct.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal_2.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal_2.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal_2_destruct.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal_small.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal_small.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal_small_destruct.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_pasy.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_pasy.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_pasy_destruct.rvmat","ca\weapons\data\dshk.rvmat","ca\weapons\data\dshk.rvmat","ca\weapons\data\dshk_destruct.rvmat"};

};

class EventHandlers

{

init = "test = [_this select 0, ""BIS""] execVM ""\T72_era_custom\textures.sqf"";";

};

class Library

{

libTextDesc = "$STR_LIB_T72";

};

};

tounge2.gif

Nice one, hamis thumbs-up.gif

I think that the extended event handler can also be removed from the required addons in config, because you apply the new textures via eventhandler. I am not 100% sure, weather this may cause another effect ... well, let's see xmas_o.gif

Well,i think textures don't work but i have to test tomorrow.

helo. I litle change this nice tank...

Including new weapon, with real ammo:

3BM42 APFSDS, 3OF26 HE-FRAG, 3BK29 HEAT-FS, 9M-119 ATGM.

this pack without "readme" file. I bealive in modEmMaik, if u like this, u can do it  biggrin_o.gif

Link :zSHARE

and thanks for all ...

Quote[/b] ]Nice one, hamis    

I think that the extended event handler can also be removed from the required addons in config, because you apply the new textures via eventhandler. I am not 100% sure, weather this may cause another effect ... well, let's see  

Well,they are needed.I tried to change to "wood1" but still got green(BIS?)one.Also found out i can't get any other version to work in editor(except commander ones).Well,what about doing BMP next?

Hi Hamis,

before staring with another vehicle, I consider to release a simple template, including just a basic texture to enable everyone to release his / her own version simply by text replacements in the config and model.cfg plus renaming of the addon's source directory.

Many versions popped up using the same config and thus interfere each other.

An adaption to an alternative vehicle should be an easy part after that. I plan to release a signed addon to show the result of this template.

Regarding your texture problems: The second parameter in the call to the script must match one of the cases in the script. If not, the texture will not change of perform the default case, I use to define the BIS style.

BR,

mike

@marijus: I will check the new ammunition asap xmas_o.gif

Yup,i tried "winter" and it worked.But i use @ECS and XEH with THEMIS,so i don't know if they are needed.Could someone without @ECS test and tell if it works? wink_o.gif

I have converted the random numbers to ATGM (random Number set only,have yet to do the platoon version)...if I succeed with the platoon set I'll upload it as a complete pack.I think if the tank normally carries this weapon,it should have it.What say you all ?? I'm just not sure about the missle sound??...should we hear a distinct missle SWOOOSH sound ??...cause all I hear is a cannon fireing sound? another thing to consider is if the AI can opertate the missiles properly? its damn hard to shoot these things in hilly terrain......... crazy_o.gif

helo. I litle change this nice tank...

Including new weapon, with real ammo:

3BM42 APFSDS, 3OF26 HE-FRAG, 3BK29 HEAT-FS, 9M-119 ATGM.

Wow... definitely an improvement, but I wonder: Where did you get those numbers of ammunition (hit/hange)? I counterchecked the values with the wgl/cavs values. It looks like an alternative framework.

Also the weapon layout is different:

WGL shows 10xHE, 15xAPFSDS, 19xHEAT and 6xATGM.

Yours shows 17xHE, 22xAPFSDS, 17xHEAT and 6xATGM.

I am just asking, because I started a M1 Abrams some time ago, and wonder what ammunition values I should use to match yours.

Very interresting, indeed xmas_o.gif

Btw.: I used the M_AT5_AT class (5Rnd_AT5_BRDM2 as magazine class) as base class for the ATGM's some times ago, that should add the rocked sound, I hope wink_o.gif

And yes, I already mentioned it before, that a T-80/90 or late T-72 and even M1A1 / M1A2 are not only defined by armor values, but the ammunition they carry. But I have only discovered WGL as a tested framework to set correct hit / amunition etc. values.

Only issue seems to be the AI, because they will use the first type of ammunition only and propably never user the deadly ATGM's. sad_o.gif

btw.: Config shows a ATGM hit value of 600 and WGL also defines a hit value of 600 for the 9M112 cobra wink_o.gif

A 9M-112 version of 1985 shows 675, a modern 9M119M 900 as hit value, or did you use the cobra?

:edit:

I have a new conceptual idea, to separate the skins / amor / ammuntion from the model:

1) The model-addon includes the basic model plus hiddenSections for numbers and skin.

2) The skins / amor / ammuntion addon uses the model-addon as required addon, includes scripts and re-definition of armor / ammuntion plus skins as required.

Pro: This way we separate the model from the other changes, so a new model (like A.T.R.F.'s) should be easy to integrate / adapt. Also those skin addons can have a mission focus (e.g. commando version, which includes higher armor badger skins, winter / desert version for different maps etc.)

This way, we split up the addons in a bunch of addons, which do not interfere each other and can be released separately, because the non-model addons include the correct version, they need.

@343rdBadger + Marijus: Can you give me permission to include your skins into such an 2'nd Layer addon, also Marijus? huh.gif

:edit2: Just located a source including many actual tank blueprints: KMDB site

My philosophy is the "Rule of the North" anything I do is open to anyone that wants to play with it.No permission needed,no credit needed.To much "this is mine and you can't use it" bull.So go ahead and take it to the mat.

BTW...I got my new comp back and have re-installed studio max.So the T-90 offer still stands along with a Mi-28 Havoc.I may even start on a Tunguska.This goes for anyone thats wants to develope it.I only ask to be part of that developement to learn more.

Tunguska might be good choice.I happen to have very good weapon sound for it.Actually it is from german equivalent,but what i have seen in pics weapons look very same. wink_o.gif

Wow... definitely an improvement, but I wonder: Where did you get those numbers of ammunition (hit/hange)? I counterchecked the values with the wgl/cavs values. It looks like an alternative framework.

Also the weapon layout is different:

WGL shows 10xHE, 15xAPFSDS, 19xHEAT and 6xATGM.

Yours shows 17xHE, 22xAPFSDS, 17xHEAT and 6xATGM.

Hi all wink_o.gif

About weapons layout: real T-72/90, can have 45 rounds. 22 in autoloader. I including 22xAPFSDS, 17xHEAT and 6xATGM. 17xHE only in config, for custom layout. wink_o.gif I not see in WGL values. I see in BIS config. In OFP we have stupid situacion crazy_o.gif . More beautiful addons, with custom ammo and armor values. I not want go of BIS config. 2-3 shot for tank destroi, there good...

About 9M119, config, it from RHS T-64. But I litle change it. rofl.gif

If u like my conception, u can change this config. wink_o.gif

Thx Marijus, thx 343rdBadger xmas_o.gif

I finished the new concept today and tests are on the run. I fyou want to check, you find the download links in post #69 in this forum. Actually I have not included Maijus new amunition values, but this can be integrated within a couple of minutes.

When all tests have passed, I will post a link to the unbinarized pbo in this thead and release the basic T-72 / T-72 ERA "style" binarized plus keys in the "Mods Complete" forum.

have fun,

mike goodnight.gif

OK Folks, this will be the release version smile_o.gif

New Features:

- T-72A "reskin enabled" included

- Flag section included

The basic addon includes the model plus the basic definitions (armor, hamis sounds, random numbers, SLA-flag) for a T-72 and a T-72 ERA-style. Those can be used for mission based skins (see example mission included).

The reskin addon includes the skins plus definitions for the mission editors containers (I have splitt the skins into different containers to make the mission makers live easier plus having a single designation for the T-72 and the ERA-style in-game.)

I plan to release a signed and binarized version within the next days in the addon's complete section (actually the latest signed / binarized version is available @ armed-assault.de forum post nr. 75).

Infos to include new skins / modified configs:

The reskin-addon can be used to create your own addon:

1) Unpack the addon

2) Define a new addon name (e.g. 343rdBadger_skins)

3) Rename the t72_era_custom_retex directory to the new name

4) Rename all texts "t72_era_custom_retex" to you new name in the config.cpp, textures.sqf and readme.txt

5) Modify skins / config etc. as you need.

6) pbo the directory again and test it

This way, you should be able to create a addon without interference with existing variants of this addon.

zShare DL-Link T-72 ERA style 1.10 Final unbinarized

zShare DL-Link Retex Package Final unbin

Quote[/b] ]Smurfclan T72A ERA "style" addon V. 1.10

required addons: Extended_Eventhandlers Solus & Killswitch (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2605)

mission addon name: "PirSmurfC_ERA_110"

Mission editor's container: "SmurfC"

pirSmurfcT721

pirSmurfcT72ERA1CUST

Main Features:

- ERA "style" T-72 tank model incl. heavier WGL armor definition

- Custom texture ("1_co_cust","2_co_cust","3_co_cust". Usual texture areas 0,1,2)

- Numbers ("num1","num2","num3". Usual texture areas 3,4,5)

- Flag section ("u_flag". Usual Texture area 6)

Numbers can be accessed via the path \T72_era_custom\numbers\ followed by the number itself e.g.:

_tex setObjectTexture [3,"\T72_era_custom\numbers\zero"];

(see example Mission for more examples).

Included custom skin implementation in the mission:

textures.sqf :

Main function to change a t72's texture to user-defined (see reskin folder). This includes the possiblility to include as many skins as needed (2'nd parameter determines skin).

Mission.sqm :

Activation sequence via trigger, see sensors definition: changes t1's textures to mission-defined.

expActiv="test=[t1, ""cust""] execVM ""textures.sqf"";";

model & config. by modEmMaik & Mateck

Config includes material / armor values from OFP-WGL mod.

Model is based completely on "BI Vehicles and weapons sample" models.

Credits to:

Burns and Evil Homer @hx3.de for their support and material (burns special for number textures wink_o.gif )

Hamis @http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi for supply of his engine sound

Mateck @http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi for custom skin invention and support

Sebastian Muller for the same invention for OFP custom skins

Maruk, Urki and Loneship crCTI clan @smurfclan.org for ideas, support and beta tests

T_bone, CameronMcDonald, hamis, Gedis, A.T.R.F. special: Marijus plus all the others @http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi for tests, photos and suggestions

Rellikki (http://www.rellikki.armaholic.net/) for his superb Sahrani Liberation Army Desert Troops (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=705) I used as blueprint for this reskin

piranha-dl (http://www.denny-piranha.com/) who inspired me to add some scratches (although his scratches look much better...)

Vilas (http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/), who enspired me by his T72-B ERA

WGL mod team (http://ofpc.de/wargames/news.php) for their great mod

ACE team (http://ace.usmc-warriors.org/), successors of the former WGL team

Solus & Killswitch for their Extended_Eventhandlers implementation

BI (http://www.armedassault.com/) for their sample models wink_o.gif

have fun and good luck,

modEmMaik

Quote[/b] ]Smurfclan T72A ERA "style" addon V. 1.10 Retex Example

required addons:

- Extended_Eventhandlers Solus & Killswitch (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2605)

- PirSmurfC_ERA_110

mission addon name: "T72_era_custom_retex"

Mission editor's container: "ERA Woodland1"

T72_era_custom_retex1 Heavy Armor T-72A Woodland 1

T72_custom_retex1 T-72A Woodland 1

Mission editor's container: "ERA Woodland2"

T72_era_custom_retex2 Heavy Armor T-72A Woodland 2

T72_custom_retex2 T-72A Woodland 2

Mission editor's container: "Piranha ERA Woodland"

T72_era_custom_retex3 Heavy Armor T-72A Woodland 3

T72_custom_retex3 T-72A Woodland 3

Mission editor's container: "Piranha ERA Digital"

T72_era_custom_retex4 Heavy Armor T-72A Digital

T72_custom_retex4 T-72A Digital

model & config. by modEmMaik & Mateck & T72_era_custom_retex

Texture skins by the fabulous piranha-dl (http://www.denny-piranha.com/)

Config includes material / armor values from OFP-WGL mod.

Model is based completely on "BI Vehicles and weapons sample" models.

leben-bunt-grantenstark-t-72-bmp-reskin-1433d1215337754-smurfct72erarelease.jpg

p.s.: Actually I create a "343rdBadger" version and a Marijus version. I will release those version within the next days...

:edit: Ups... download links corrected... pointed to source zShare...

Woooh notworthy.gif

That's a beauty. Those ERA looks very good. thumbs-up.gif

I do not know your plans for the chassis, but the KMDB T-72AG might show you a modern ERA chassis protection.

Keep up your good work yay.gif