Sign in to follow this  
hamis

Grapics corruption

Who's fault is that game doesn't like using Catalyst A.I?This should be corrected quickly.

It happend with me, when the patch 1.12 was launched

That is exactly when they released the new method of memory management in Arma.

This problem also happens to me and seems almost random. One time it happened after only 9 minutes into a game. Sometimes it happens after a few hours. I immediately check my video card temperature (and my system temperature) after it happens and overheating is not the issue.

I think it is a bug in the game because the game freezes for about 30 seconds before the graphic corruption occurs.

Here is a screencap of a single texture being tiled filling up my whole screen:

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/4130/arma228amgraphicglitchxp5.jpg

Hi peeps...

I've been having crashes, somewhat similar to those described above, this is the first time I've had any real problems with ArmA.

The problem is that I changed my GPU and added a GO of ram just before the 1.14 release, so I was at a loss as to where the problem came from...

I have been using the Nvidia 175.16 drivers.

In desperation I installed the drivers that came with my new Leadtek 8800gt, the 169.2 and lo & behold the problems have ceased...

I'm running every thing on high except PP and Blood crazy_o.gif .

View distance about 2500 m.

24 hours no crashing (never crashed in the editor btw).

I hope I'm not putting the horse before the gate !

I will get back if need be.

Thanks

8800gt, E8400, 3go of ram and XP SP3.

Yup, some of the reports are the same. Hopefully enough people will come forward with this issue.

I discovered that if the corruption occurs I can go to the options screen and change resolutions. It forces the game to reload all the textures. However if it is on a Battleye server you get kicked because your game does not respond in time.

This problem only started with 1.14 patch for me. Considering many new features where added but never beta tested by the public no wonder it is buggy.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Something to Check</span>

I noticed I only saw this problem after I was booted from a server for failing an addon check.

Killing ArmA.exe and re-launching DID NOT FIX THE PROBLEM

- Either the battle-thiny protection or ArmA had spawned a background task

- Or maybe the video card or memory had cached errors that wouldn't go away.

REBOOTED the computer and I could restart ArmA with no further graphics weirdness.

I'm also experiencing these graphics corruptions with my 8800 GTS 512. I don't think they are heat related be cause sometimes it happens after few minutes playing and sometimes I can play hours w/o any graphics glitch.

Before the corruption happens the screen freezes for several seconds and then the my graphics look something like in the first pic below. ArmA's flush command doesn't fix it. If I manage to get to the ArmA's video settings and change anti-aliasing to different value the game rerenders all graphics correctly and I'm good to continue playing.

Today I had for the first time the tree-replaces-all-textures-bug as seen in second pic. (Yesterday I installed latest GeForce drivers 175.19, before I used 175.16.)

This might be just a hunch but I have a feeling this corruption happens most often when I'm doing right-click zoom in game.

corrupt01ta6.th.jpg

corrupt02no8.th.jpg

I'm monitoring "Local videomemory" and "Non-local videomemory" via Rivatuner and found that graphics corruption/crashes happen as the Non-local videomemory pass the value in the ArmA.cfg nonlocalVRAM.

However, now just trying with -maxmem=512 intead of nothing.

Should -maxmem be the limit for "Local"+"Non-Local"? In my case, it is not 768 but 758 (ArmA.cfg). I'm trying to lower a little bit to avoid the overflow.

Got the same freeze then tree texture replace today.... Alt+Tab out then back in cleared it up. Played for like an hour more without errors. Then when I was closed down game. I got just a black screen. Had to reboot.

Got this in Event Viewer.

Quote[/b] ]The driver nv4_disp for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

But also the other day. I decided to install ETQW to test and see if I get any problems since its an opengl game. First I had to re-enable page file since that game uses alot of memory. Was still getting crashes, not freezing or corruption, but related to nvoglnt.dll. Figuered it was the same problem.... but I also then decided to turn back on the nvidia startup items and service, also a few other windows services that I disabled to see what would happen if anything.

Afterwards I played a good 4-5 hours of ETQW without a problem, before the crash would happen within a hour. Took a break came back to play some ArmA and got the freeze+texture corruption that I explained at the beginning of post. RPT still says freeze caused by ntdll.dll

In one of the other related threads, I had said I got a freeze in Crysis, which is directx too. So I guess Im going to end up reinstalling Crysis and see if I get anymore freezes. While I also keep playing ETQW to see if I get anymore crashes. Maybe I'll install BF2 another directx, to see if it happen with it too. I dont have another opengl game though so....

But I guess what Im getting at is, maybe its a problem with directx and nvidia.....

Got the same freeze then tree texture replace today.... Alt+Tab out then back in cleared it up. Played for like an hour more without errors. Then when I was closed down game. I got just a black screen. Had to reboot.

Yes, seen the exact same, but its been a while since the last time.

BTW, yes, 8800 GTS 640MB