Sign in to follow this  
volkov956

Ok now wth cheats still work online obviously

He is talking about server-side FPS, the number of game state computation per second on the server.

If you read their forums you might get a different opinion. wink_o.gif

lol yea brit sends me the odd forum link for laughs

the last one they claimed linux servers are faster and they were sooo amazed and Brit and I were like huh and I was going to post actual proof windows walks over linux but was not allowed to lol they had posted 25FPS with 16 players where ours has 48FPS with 32 heh

I don't know how old you are, and what this has to do with this topic, but according to the way you write here, you must be like 15 Years old. No question that Squadserver is lacking of many customers and the site looks... Nah better not.... but it has not much to do with serious offers for many people interested in game-server icon_rolleyes.gif

On every attack follows a counter-attack (Tit for tat) wink_o.gif

First how can you even consider it to:

- Compare Linux with Windows?

- Compare a damn QX9650 @ 3500MHZ with a lower AMD with 2900MHZ, which is on top of that alone from its architecture more than 25% slower ?

Second is how,

can you say the WE claim that Linux is better to host a Gameserver than Windows, even if no-one EVER said this?

Why do you speak for Brit, even if Brit told me personally and written in the Forums that he had more or less THE SAME issues with the actual battleye build as we had (people get kicked, if its now for performance reasons or not).

Any you definitely don't have 48FPS with 32 Players in SL, even not with Brits QX9650 - stop claiming this or i'll post Brits posts as Quotes in this Topic were he said something totally different in our hidden forums-zones.

Quote[/b] ]but I can say we dont run BE on thos servers as they well protected by our systems

Boy, who do you want to take a fool here?

You can in fact not protect the servers sufficient from cheats/GAMEHacks with your special "well protected by our systems"... ohh damn i must laugh my ass of.....

I don't know what you have learned/studied (what i really doubt at all, according to the way you write), but com' on shall i really tell you how often ALL the (BE-unprotected) Server get "Hacked" the last two weeks? Including Brits hammer-machine!!!

Unbelievable and such guys really run a company..... *shakes head*

Now i have really a reason to advice against Squadserver.

Well our windows server beats your Linux one..

Anyways back on topic, if you going onto servers which dont run any anti-cheat at all your bound to find cheaters its like that with all games...

And as many community members have said join the servers with anticheat.. But there is one big dilema..

1: KFC say they have cracked DooACS Anti-Cheat, well bollocks to them, i havnt seen a cheater eneter the gol server since running it. The only way they can cheat is external programs which they cant run Ingame cheat scripts from so cant ruin the game. [Yes ive tested this for our clan server protection]

Servers With DooACS stops the cheatpack (scripts set) but not the external programs

Servers With Battleye Protection Stop the External Hacks but not scripts.

Now if you both run these there is little chance a cheater will get onto the server.. Even DooACS stops my Debug Tools for MP mission editing and they arnt considered cheats.. Its that good. Anyways i find running those 2 options on a server is better than Signing addons becuase i belive in people having choice of custom addons and replacement packs joining our server. But hover ever DooACS can stop certain mods of my choice from joining the server such as ECS/XAM etc ones that crash servers.

Any cheaters who think they can come and run scrips on our server are welcome id like to see them try... ...  wink_o.gif

Although we dont run Battleye cos it can sometimes cause problems. But the external hacks is not what im worried about.

Edit: Why change my word to KFC? Makes me Hungry tounge2.gif

Well our windows server beats your Linux one..

tounge2.gif Really? How can you document this?

Don't get me wrong Matt, normally i hate this comparisions á la :"My .... is bigger than yours" but i would be really, really interested to see what Dedicated-Servers the guys from BI have programmed better.

I can only speak for things i have read in german forums, and (i don't remember if it was even at OFP times) there was a clan who had installed both on a single server, tested it and they said that their Linux-dedicated Gamerserver was a bit faster (alone to Server FPS).....

I just want to tell that i'm no windows-hater at all, hell i even have running here 2003 enterprise for our home-domain + i am MSCE certified (i'm doing that as job) and so i would never run Linux as a server in our houses. But on the other side, i host Websites/Forums since 2001 and i would never ever even consider to use windows for that.

Please Matt go on further and explain why windows arma-dediserver is faster than the linux one?

Regards, Christian

That my friends is a Question for BI to answer. Plus this is not the topic tounge2.gif

Let's add to the argument that someone actually claimed to be able to run Operation Flashpoint in Linux in an emulator faster than natively on Windows...  tounge2.gif I'd like to see the evidence for that. The evidence I collected in my own experiments was very much against it. Also the sounds were working incorrectly and some of the graphics, plus networking. At least those... Yeah I know this hasn't got anything to do with servers, just giving you more to discuss about Windows vs Linux smile_o.gif

Hmm ok, because i think people are really interested in that, shall we open a new thread for that? biggrin_o.gif

Done....

To be honest i mainly tested battleye on my q6600 server months ago and we did see alot of more desync when players would join but i aint dont no real testing sence 1.14 came out on the qx9650 server

What i do is monitor the current server fps now and jip lag then tomorrow i will enable battleye and do the same test and watch out for any problems and i post the results here

Quote[/b] ]Now if you both run these there is little chance a cheater will get onto the server.. Even DooACS stops my Debug Tools for MP mission editing and they arnt considered cheats.. Its that good. Anyways i find running those 2 options on a server is better than Signing addons becuase i belive in people having choice of custom addons and replacement packs joining our server. But hover ever DooACS can stop certain mods of my choice from joining the server such as ECS/XAM etc ones that crash servers.

Any cheaters who think they can come and run scrips on our server are welcome id like to see them try... ...  

I just noticed this post and im not being smart but i know for a fact i could join your server and bomb it to crap with you using dooacs and battleye. You really dont know what your talking about.

Dooacs is old and outdated and if you want me to join your server and prove i can bypass it sometime then let me know. You will see how unsecure your server really is and open to pbo hacks.

I done my reseach on all cheats and anti cheat stuff and i know for a fact 100% that dooacs is good as useless these days sence KFC got hold of the scripts from it when it was only released to trusted servers and thats the main reason doolittle has now made dooacs public for anyone to use. Maybe it catch a few noobs but not cheaters who know the info how to bypass it

Eveeyone knows that signed files is the only way to stop pbo hacks and seems your the only one that dont sence you rely on dooacs instead of using signed files

What i do is monitor the current server fps now and jip lag then tomorrow i will enable battleye and do the same test and watch out for any problems and i post the results here

Thanks, much appreciated.

Check your PM.

Hey, don't rip on my anti-cheat, brit. It still stops all public .PBO cheats available for ArmA.

Quote[/b] ]Hey, don't rip on my anti-cheat, brit. It still stops all public .PBO cheats available for ArmA

Hey i wasnt saying it sucked. It was good for its time but you know aswell as me it can be bypassed by KFC and thats why its public. And it dont stop all pbo cheats. Theres one cheat pack that can easy bypass it without doing nothing at all

Quote[/b] ]Any you definitely don't have 48FPS with 32 Players in SL, even not with Brits QX9650 - stop claiming this or i'll post Brits posts as Quotes in this Topic were he said something totally different in our hidden forums-zones

I just found the screenshots i took during that time i told nick about the server fps.

XR did have 48 fps but it was on 26 players not 32 around 80min of map time and 48fps on 22 players with 370min map time so nick wasnt lieing he just got the info mixed up.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299....MG]

brit~XR, please do not double-post. You can use the edit button instead. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hey, don't rip on my anti-cheat, brit. It still stops all public .PBO cheats available for ArmA

Hey i wasnt saying it sucked. It was good for its time but you know aswell as me it can be bypassed by KFC and thats why its public. And it dont stop all pbo cheats. Theres one cheat pack that can easy bypass it without doing nothing at all

Thats not true it cant be pypassed. The only thing that can bypass it is Desktop Hacks.

The GOL server has run DooACS and nothing but and we havnt had a cheater since we used it and thats been about a year.

Its also good that we can stop people with XAM/ECS etc too. its tells them to remove the pbo and kicks them back to MP screen which is great imo.

KFC say they have bypassed it, maybe but they just talk words.. i have yet to see it happen.