Sign in to follow this  
RobSPAFF

8800GTX Fog in game with 1.14

Right, hello chaps.

Just updated to 1.14.

In the editor I can see for absolutely miles, clean as a whistle, can stand at paraiso and see the opposite mountains across the bay, excellent.

In multiplayer the old fog is still there and I can barely see off the end of the runway. Now my teammate who also has a GTX has installed the 1.14 patch and it has removed the fog issue, he can see much better.

Any ideas?

I have already uninstalled and re-installed arma/patches/drivers.

Well the viewdistance is usually set by the server, have you tried turning it up?

I'm the aforementioned teammate. 1.14 has transformed my game, with the GTX fog completely gone.

RobSPAFF gets all the other improvements, the oil pumps at Cato are animated and the recoil is different, but he doesn't get rid of the GTX fog.

For me, viewdistance 9000 means I can see from Paraiso all the way to Hunapo. Rob says it makes no difference.

Its probably because the missions over writing his viewdistance in settings.

If you play on a mission like evo or domination it lets you change your view distance threw the mission. Try it that way.

Domination is our favourite mission and this problem occurs there too.

Well its not a problem, its just that you have to adjust the view-distance within the mission in these games.

Try an empty mission with like 2 guys inside,

and create an init.sqf and add in it:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">setViewdistance 8000; (or add this to one of the initLines of the players)

Just to make sure its not the VD somehow.

After that, make sure you run with no addons / mods whatsoever. This means a 100% clean arma\addons folder, and NO mod folders loaded up whatsoever.

There is a possibility that you use a mod that has a bin.pbo from older version of the game and this is causing your issues.

If disabling addons / mods, change the result, you will have to find the problem by elimination.

Also check driver versions between eachother.

or install instantviewdistance addons wink_o.gif .You will be able to change view distance when you want, even in multiplayer missions.

A good benchmark for sure ! rofl.gif

Well its not a problem, its just that you have to adjust the view-distance within the mission in these games.

We've tried that using Domination. Changing the VD ingame doesn't work for RobSPAFF, but it does work for me.

or install instantviewdistance addons wink_o.gif .You will be able to change view distance when you want, even in multiplayer missions.

A good benchmark for sure ! rofl.gif

Read above. Done it already with no effect.

I'm having the same problem, no matter if I have the view distance set to 1000, 2000 or 5000 meters, fog seems to appear after about 500-800 meters.

[resolved]

RobSPAFF wasn't actually changing the VD using the inmission settings, but rather using the video options. It now works as expected.

Rob, come and say thank you to the nice people for helping! smile_o.gif

Is anyone using ECS or installed the dynamic viewdistance mod?

I know thats a silly think to post Im sure you know what you have installed, but just throwing it in.